Where do we go from Here, unbowed? (spoilers galore)

I am most worried about how the current Sansa situation will unfold. I want Theon to redeem himself, but unlike with Jayne, I don't want Sansa to be once again rescued by someone other than herself. I don't want her to keep relying on others. There's also the whole Brienne storyline which I wish they would have dropped. If Brienne doesn't "save" Sansa what's her purpose?

From what I saw in the promo, Sansa is rescuing Theon and something is emotional happening with Sansa in the snow as the troops leave.

Now how I think happens, if Sansa drinks liquids then she aborts child, but if Theon tells her, her brothers are still alive; I think she keeps the child and eventually Roose, Ramsey and pregnant Walda die leaving the Dreadfort to Sansa which she claims for Winterfell.

I actually found it quite interesting that they are seemingly working towards the same plot arc in the books involving the Vale marching on the North. They just decided to do away with Sansa's role in it, preferring to incorporate her character with the Northern storyline earlier in proceedings.

I imagine events will work out the same away in both mediums, with Stannis and the Boltons decimating one another, only for the Vale armies to show up and back Sansa.

Yes, definitely the most spoilery stuff on the show so far. ALso wonder how much light has been placed on book LF's motives as well regarding being named Warden of the North. It makes perfect sense, and is actually quite obvious in hindsight that this would be his ultimate goal...Definitely makes sense too if you see Ramsay as a Harry the Heir substitute. Wonder if the rape happens in the books as well with Harry instead of Ramsay.

I don't know, or care, I am pretty disillusioned with GOT right now. If Ep 10 doesn't end with Ramsay on a pyre with Sansa helping Melisandre light the thing and Stannis mounting Roose's head on a spike while sending Davos out to retrieve Rickon and help bring the Starks to Winterfell I might just sob into my pillow for the next five years. It'll be purely fan service to me, helping finally unite my two favourite factions, but its all I have left to cling to lol

I thought Arya would be punished with blindness for giving the gift to that girl without authorization, which is essesially what she got for murdering the wondering crow. So my guess now is that that whole thing will be skipped in the show.

The rule of a faceless man not knowing their victims does not exist in the show right? So perhaps Arya will be sent to kill Mance Tyrell (the bank of Bravoos hiring the FM for the job) and in the process also kill Meryn for her personal satisfaction.

Yes, definitely the most spoilery stuff on the show so far. ALso wonder how much light has been placed on book LF's motives as well regarding being named Warden of the North. It makes perfect sense, and is actually quite obvious in hindsight that this would be his ultimate goal...Definitely makes sense too if you see Ramsay as a Harry the Heir substitute. Wonder if the rape happens in the books as well with Harry instead of Ramsay.

I suppose it is possible that Harry rapes Sansa, but the latest chapter does not make that seem likely; it looks like Sansa will be pretty willing, if not because of romantic inclinations.

But I agree that it was a pretty big spoiler. It looks certain now that Littlefigner's scheme will come off: Sansa will win over Harry and they will march on the North. It also looks like Littlefinger's ultimate intention, unsurprisingly, is to have Harry assassinated (perhaps by Lyn Corbray).

I thought Arya would be punished with blindness for giving the gift to that girl without authorization, which is essesially what she got for murdering the wondering crow. So my guess now is that that whole thing will be skipped in the show.

The rule of a faceless man not knowing their victims does not exist in the show right? So perhaps Arya will be sent to kill Mance Tyrell (the bank of Bravoos hiring the FM for the job) and in the process also kill Meryn for her personal satisfaction.

I think it's just being delayed, and as you mention, Meryn Trant is heading to Braavos. I think he will take the part of Dareon and Arya's season arc will end with Arya going blind.

I actually found it quite interesting that they are seemingly working towards the same plot arc in the books involving the Vale marching on the North. They just decided to do away with Sansa's role in it, preferring to incorporate her character with the Northern storyline earlier in proceedings.

I imagine events will work out the same away in both mediums, with Stannis and the Boltons decimating one another, only for the Vale armies to show up and back Sansa.

If this is the ultimate endpoint, then the Ramsey/Sansa wedding makes even less sense (and the aftermath even more gratuitous), seeing as it isn't needed to advance Sansa's claim to Winterfell at all (that already exists). If the knights of the Vale are willing to ride to the North to advance her claim when she is married to Ramsey, why wouldn't they have also done so to her if she was unmarried? If a wedding needed to take place to secure an alliance, it should have been between Sansa and Robert/Robin, especially considering with the total absence of any Tully since the Red Wedding such a pairing would unite the two known living individuals with the greatest claim to the Riverlands, creating a major power bloc. All of this is just a long way of saying nothing the writers have done makes any sense within the context of the world they have created with their deviations. It appears as though all their maneuvering was simply an effort to put Sansa in a position to be brutalized by Ramsey...and for what purpose? The redemption of Theon? You sacrifice a primary character's story arc in order to pump up a secondary character's one?

All of this is just a long way of saying nothing the writers have done makes any sense within the context of the world they have created with their deviations. It appears as though all their maneuvering was simply an effort to put Sansa in a position to be brutalized by Ramsey...and for what purpose? The redemption of Theon? You sacrifice a primary character's story arc in order to pump up a secondary character's one?

The main purpose, as always in these situations, is consolidation and by extension, money. One less storyline to tell, more time to devote to one location, fewer new characters to cast, and so forth. The Vale armies will come to the North but Benioff and Weiss have relegated the whole narrative of getting them there to one conversation between Littlefinger and Cersei. Littlefinger, unlike in the books, and quite illogically, is already in control of the Vale -- no need for Sansa, no need for Harry the Heir.

The main purpose, as always in these situations, is consolidation and by extension, money. One less storyline to tell, more time to devote to one location, fewer new characters to cast, and so forth. The Vale armies will come to the North but Benioff and Weiss have relegated the whole narrative of getting them there to one conversation between Littlefinger and Cersei. Littlefinger, unlike in the books, and quite illogically, is already in control of the Vale -- no need for Sansa, no need for Harry the Heir.

If consolidation and money is the reason, you already have a ready made answer: Robin. The character has already been aged up Tommen-style and the shaking sickness isn't a factor in TV world. He is the logical match and it has even already been suggested in world by Lysa. If you are going to cut a storyline, cut the Ramsey/Fake Arya marriage one because it serves no purpose, especially since the writers are sending Jon north to Hardhomme rather than south to challenge Ramsay.

If consolidation and money is the reason, you already have a ready made answer: Robin. The character has already been aged up Tommen-style and the shaking sickness isn't a factor in TV world. He is the logical match and it has even already been suggested in world by Lysa. If you are going to cut a storyline, cut the Ramsey/Fake Arya marriage one because it serves no purpose, especially since the writers are sending Jon north to Hardhomme rather than south to challenge Ramsay.

Clearly, they preferred the Northern storyline. The same calculation was made in regard to the Riverlands. Benioff and Weiss simply did not like the story, or felt it could be sacrificed, and preferred to consolidate Jaime into a storyline that he is not even part of in the books (i.e., Dorne).

The character I wonder about is Brienne actually. It could be that in the books she ultimately ends up in the North as well, in which case the television series is simply jumping the gun, like with Sansa. Or perhaps her role there is completely invented, like Jaime in Dorne.

Clearly, they preferred the Northern storyline. The same calculation was made in regard to the Riverlands. Benioff and Weiss simply did not like the story, or felt it could be sacrificed, and preferred to consolidate Jaime into a storyline that he is not even part of in the books (i.e., Dorne).

The character I wonder about is Brienne actually. It could be that in the books she ultimately ends up in the North as well, in which case the television series is simply jumping the gun, like with Sansa. Or perhaps her role there is completely invented, like Jaime in Dorne.

She is going to end up in far North, you can see that in a trailer.

But before that, she is almost certainly going to kill Stannis and Melisandre is going to probably help her in that.

You see Melisandre has already decided that "Jon is the One", and because of that Stannis is for her, from now on , only a hindrance that needs to be eliminated.

I am most worried about how the current Sansa situation will unfold. I want Theon to redeem himself, but unlike with Jayne, I don't want Sansa to be once again rescued by someone other than herself. I don't want her to keep relying on others. There's also the whole Brienne storyline which I wish they would have dropped. If Brienne doesn't "save" Sansa what's her purpose?

Exactly my thoughts... Now Brienne must walk this earth knowing that she failed to Renly, she failed to Cat, she failed to Jaime and for fucks sake she failed to herself... Pod too, since he also left his lord's wife go and unlawfully marry another guy and then left such guy rape the mistress of his household... They're now a shame.

In any case the whole Sansa thing has just gone beyond redeeming.

the possibility of Sansa having Ramsay's baby is very real and I would not put it past the storywritters to do that, just to shock us. Worse, if Sansa keeps it.

Come on! Don't fucking give them any more ideas... Now we have to deal with an effing Stark pretender, that would just be bad.

Come on! Don't fucking give them any more ideas... Now we have to deal with an effing Stark pretender, that would just be bad.

I really wish and hope that is not the case but now, it seems like they would add that in.

The preview seems to suggest that Sansa is beginning to plant seeds of resistance. It looks like she is recruiting Theon after "that scene".

I don't know, or care, I am pretty disillusioned with GOT right now. If Ep 10 doesn't end with Ramsay on a pyre with Sansa helping Melisandre light the thing and Stannis mounting Roose's head on a spike while sending Davos out to retrieve Rickon and help bring the Starks to Winterfell I might just sob into my pillow for the next five years. It'll be purely fan service to me, helping finally unite my two favourite factions, but its all I have left to cling to lol

I have the tendency to believe that something similar to this will happen. I think the final episode of this season will have a "bittersweet" feeling. A combination of Jon's final chapter and mounted heads? BUT Mel is going south so, crispy mounted heads?

the possibility of Sansa having Ramsay's baby is very real and I would not put it past the storywritters to do that, just to shock us. Worse, if Sansa keeps it.

It wouldn't be farfetched considering GRRM's original synopsis for A Song of Ice and Fire, but replace Joffrey with Ramsay. Hopefully not, though I don't expect any heroic acts from Sansa anymore. She will definitely need the help of Theon or Brienne.

Archived