Where do we go from Here, unbowed? (spoilers galore)

I was thinking maybe next episode lancel confesses about sex with cersei and helping her to kill Robert. Maybe lancel knows about the twincest as well???

I thnk he does, or at least it has been implied that Lancel knows. Remember how Tyrion threaten Lancel in S2 by asking him how Jaime would react to Lancel sleeping with Cersai?

If this is the ultimate endpoint, then the Ramsey/Sansa wedding makes even less sense (and the aftermath even more gratuitous), seeing as it isn't needed to advance Sansa's claim to Winterfell at all (that already exists). If the knights of the Vale are willing to ride to the North to advance her claim when she is married to Ramsey, why wouldn't they have also done so to her if she was unmarried? If a wedding needed to take place to secure an alliance, it should have been between Sansa and Robert/Robin, especially considering with the total absence of any Tully since the Red Wedding such a pairing would unite the two known living individuals with the greatest claim to the Riverlands, creating a major power bloc. All of this is just a long way of saying nothing the writers have done makes any sense within the context of the world they have created with their deviations. It appears as though all their maneuvering was simply an effort to put Sansa in a position to be brutalized by Ramsey...and for what purpose? The redemption of Theon? You sacrifice a primary character's story arc in order to pump up a secondary character's one?

The knights of the vale can't ride north to advance her claim without tipping a hand if Sansa is not there. If a crap load of knights showed up at the Moat without LF making a deal, Roose would notify King's landing of LFs plan. If the knights of the vale go and sack Winterfell without telling Cersei it looks like they are making a move on the Warden of the North. LF needs Sansa there to play both sides. In the books he's probably riding out the storm in the vale waiting for Stannis and the Boltons to wipe each other out and the Tyrell's and Lannisters to do the same. He could do the same thing in the show as the books but the Vale plots are pretty boring TV and you'd end up with a bunch of new characters, slow moving plot lines and a lot of off screen time for a few major characters.

Where did IWan Rheon that his characters fate is unknown? I am guessing that he dies or gets kidnapped. instand of Theon getting kidnapped by stannis. They have ramsay kidnapped by stannis. I am sansa is going to get help from north. who's knows what going to happen with Theon.

I have no idea where any of this goes. I will say that this season may have the most cliffhangers than ever before because the show has caught and surpassed the books. therefore it is just about all uncharted territory.

Where did IWan Rheon that his characters fate is unknown? I am guessing that he dies or gets kidnapped. instand of Theon getting kidnapped by stannis. They have ramsay kidnapped by stannis. I am sansa is going to get help from north. who's knows what going to happen with Theon.

Both Sophie and Iwan said that their fates were 'ambigious'

Both Sophie and Iwan said that their fates were 'ambigious'

I guess Theon and Sansa jump from the Castle to escape in episode 10. One or both may not survive. Sansa will survive but Theon, once he overcomes Reek and helps Sansa and by that point, tells about her brothers, he is then expendable, he dies I bet. Ramsay, I could see him running off into the woods to escape, probably from littlefinger's knights of the Vale. Ramsay will live a while longer I fear.

why would they have ramsay live longer? I have a feeling theon might die :(

Yep. It could be possible that Theon kills Ramsay, or tries to, in an attempt to save Sansa. His last move for redemption is to help Sansa escape, but dies in the process? Just a guess, but it would not surprise me considering how the show has the two interacting.

I have the tendency to believe that something similar to this will happen. I think the final episode of this season will have a "bittersweet" feeling. A combination of Jon's final chapter and mounted heads? BUT Mel is going south so, crispy mounted heads?

Oh do I hope so, I am starting to feel like that guy who went mental after Oberyn died

I have a feeling that it's ramsay that gets kidnapped by stannis not Theon

Nothing ambiguous about his fate there then if that happens, he's being cooked, nice and slow

I have a feeling that it's ramsay that gets kidnapped by stannis not Theon

Well, interesting enough. Sansa is now Ramsay's wife, legally in Westeros, Sansa Bolton is her name. So long as Ramsay lives, Sansa cannot marry another. Littlefinger now, as much as anyone will want him dead. I guarantee that Littlefinger will do everything he can to go into the Winterfell situation with a "hit - list". Stannis may be on that list too as I do not buy what he told Sansa about backing Stannis for one minute. Sansa though, will pursue her brothers via Brienne and Pod. Theon too if he survives and maybe Yara as well.

I have always been a bit unsure that the show and the books will end up at the same destination, but in GRRM's blog, he assures book readers that is indeed the case. However, he makes mention of an increase in the "butterfly effect", essentially saying that the differences between the book and the show have grown much larger, something on which I think we'd all agree.

All of that being said, does this mean that Sansa's arc in the books does not end up being an essential part of the story's conclusion? Will she ever leave the Vale in the books, or was this just a shortcut taken by the show to get her where she needed to be, as well as providing a replacement for another story line (Jeyne Poole) and motivation for other characters (Brienne, Pod)?

I have always been a bit unsure that the show and the books will end up at the same destination, but in GRRM's blog, he assures book readers that is indeed the case. However, he makes mention of an increase in the "butterfly effect", essentially saying that the differences between the book and the show have grown much larger, something on which I think we'd all agree.

All of that being said, does this mean that Sansa's arc in the books does not end up being an essential part of the story's conclusion? Will she ever leave the Vale in the books, or was this just a shortcut taken by the show to get her where she needed to be, as well as providing a replacement for another story line (Jeyne Poole) and motivation for other characters (Brienne, Pod)?

I tend to believe the bold.

I think the "Dany is a crazy tyrant" theory just got a massive boost from the show. St Tyrion of the Do No Wrong just cast doubts on her sanity and fitness to rule, it's more or less nailed on that he will be right. If it does turn out that way I will be massively pissed off (at the show not the book).

How would you film that part?

I'm saying they don't seem to be introducing any of the other stark warging abilities into the show. Jon may warg in season 6 unless what Weiss said was just a joke, but I don't think they are going to have arya warg the cat and believe me I would love to be wrong about it. I thought the scene was pretty cool in the books. Who knows maybe D+D will prove us all wrong and have arya warging the cat introduce us to her wolf dreams ??? idk but seems unlikely.

I tend to believe the bold.

I'll be interested to see where her story line takes her in the books, if that's the case. Maybe Littlefinger's musings on the show last night about the armies of the Vale marching on the North aren't just a show invention, but might indicate an endgame in the books as well.

Archived