Where do we go from Here, unbowed? (spoilers galore)

littlefinger is backing one one but himself. I am not sure how they are going to find her brothers since Theon/no one has no idea where they are.

Theon will tell Sansa. That is inevitable. Sansa's old friend will be the old lady. She will get word out to the old man at the inn where Brienne is. I have heard that Idmb was holding back on some actors that are to appear later in the show and the one name that is rumored is the Greatjohn. in the show, Last Hearth is mentioned by Osha as a destiny with Rickon. Last Hearth has showed up on the HBO insider screen. They can begin a Quest for Rickon at any time and in many ways. It will begin this season.

I'll be interested to see where her story line takes her in the books, if that's the case. Maybe Littlefinger's musings on the show last night about the armies of the Vale marching on the North aren't just a show invention, but might indicate an endgame in the books as well.

Yes I agree. I can believe that Sansa will eventually end up in Winterfell, although Linda A. doubts it ( I think she is wrong). I think since GoT there was a "safety blanket" cast out for readers, which is when Ned made the claim about the loan wolf. I think the Starks will essentially migrate back to Winterfell, and I think by having an actual Stark in Winterfell will provide the catalyst for the migration. To me, it seems the show has sped the process up. Sansa will eventually make it back (again my opinion), and the rest will follow suit.

I have heard that Idmb was holding back on some actors that are to appear later in the show and the one name that is rumored is the Greatjohn. in the show, Last Hearth is mentioned by Osha as a destiny with Rickon. Last Hearth has showed up on the HBO insider screen. They can begin a Quest for Rickon at any time and in many ways. It will begin this season.

I've been wondering forever what the heck they're going to do about all the northern lords that were backing Robb. Greatjon Umber, Galbart Glover, and Maege Mormont were all there to capture Jaime and declare him king, and were clearly not at the Red Wedding, so where the heck are they? Were they killed somewhere else? Do they just not care? If they dump the Manderlys, okay, whatever, but how can they just dump a bunch of people who were already on the show and played a part earlier? Just pretend they never existed? If I recall correctly, losing Umber was a dispute with the actor, but what about everybody else? And where the hell is the Blackfish? They could have just let him be killed if they were going to drop his storyline, but they didn't.

And where the hell is the Blackfish? They could have just let him be killed if they were going to drop his storyline, but they didn't.

Just let him piss.....he REALLY needed to go

If this is the ultimate endpoint, then the Ramsey/Sansa wedding makes even less sense (and the aftermath even more gratuitous), seeing as it isn't needed to advance Sansa's claim to Winterfell at all (that already exists). If the knights of the Vale are willing to ride to the North to advance her claim when she is married to Ramsey, why wouldn't they have also done so to her if she was unmarried? If a wedding needed to take place to secure an alliance, it should have been between Sansa and Robert/Robin, especially considering with the total absence of any Tully since the Red Wedding such a pairing would unite the two known living individuals with the greatest claim to the Riverlands, creating a major power bloc. All of this is just a long way of saying nothing the writers have done makes any sense within the context of the world they have created with their deviations. It appears as though all their maneuvering was simply an effort to put Sansa in a position to be brutalized by Ramsey...and for what purpose? The redemption of Theon? You sacrifice a primary character's story arc in order to pump up a secondary character's one?

Last I read from an interview on the subject D&D said they wanted to do the Jeyne Poole storyline but thought that the audience wouldn't be as invested in Jeyne Poole, and they thought it would give Sophie the opportunity to extend her acting chops.

I was wrong about my prediction about Ramsay killing Fat Walda. Instead we indeed have Sansa as Jeyne. Is the only thing left to do is let Sansa escape with Theon? Or will D+D change the script again and let Sansa stay in Winterfell and organize the resistance? Will Theon survive, or will he be knocked off sooner than later, before Stannis gets his hands on him?

It seems as though Sansa will be Jeyne for another episode (perhaps to watch Ramsay flay one of her "the north remembers" allies in the castle), and then after that it's some combination of her lighting the candle in the tower, Brienne coming, and Theon helping her escape.

It seems as though Sansa will be Jeyne for another episode (perhaps to watch Ramsay flay one of her "the north remembers" allies in the castle), and then after that it's some combination of her lighting the candle in the tower, Brienne coming, and Theon helping her escape.

Which is interesting. I've been waiting for Sansa to take some initiative and save herself, but even then lighting the candle and escaping with Brienne/Theon seems to just be *again* going along with someone else's plan, not finding her own and helping herself.

It looked to me, at least from the previews that Theon will help Sansa escape, but it doesn't make sense for her to escape. Why go there in the first place?

i think we have to make some allowances for sansa here. lannisters are killers but tyrion was different. she married him in the same way, fear, sadness, shock but tyrion was good to her, they genuinely bonded and she respected him to stand up for him when he was being humiliated. sansa is not so prejudiced to have hated tyrion for something his family did, she judged him for who he was, yes she wasn't able to consummate the marriage because she was not attracted to him and she had a lot of resentment to overcome. she could have hoped the same with ramsay, roose is the killer there was always a chance she could bond with ramsay, and the opportunity to go back home to see your room again because she longed to go back after she realized the truth about joffrey so it was less about revenge and more about finally going home. i think once the truth becomes more clear to her that ramsay is nuts, ramsay is no tyrion she is stuck in winterfell too late to escape and littlefinger has trapped her there.

So we see that Margery gets set up by Cersie, but how long until Lancel spills the beans about plowing his Aunt? I am betting that Lancel has told the sparrow this already and he is just waiting to the very end and leaving cersi as the last loose end. Take care of the little queen, then take care of the old queen. Then he has total control of the city, poor Tommen.

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, maybe Bronn won't be dying.

But then again, I assume the Sand Snakes follow daddy's lead, and poison all their spears.

What are the plans for Jaime? I assume Doran knew all about the plot, which is why he asked Hotah if he still knew how to use his axe. But he didn't know about Jaime Lannister. Jaime has not followed Arys Oakheart's arc, he hasn't died at Myrcella's kidnapping, and he's not doing Balon Swann. Where is his story going?

I really want Davos to find Rickon. I don't think they'll cut it out, otherwise they'll have a Family Matters / Judy scenario where a child just disappears and nobody speaks of it ever again. Yeah, I just made a Family Matters reference. Big whoop. But anyway, suppose Sansa escapes in order to tell Jon about Rickon and Bran, only to be captured by Stannis. I'm thinking she'll tell Stannis, and that's when Davos heads out to Last Hearth and Skagos.

As for KL, couldn't Littlefinger have known about Lancel and Cersei? If Lancel himself hasn't said anything about it to the High Sparrow, he must not want anyone to know or still has love for his cousin. Littlefinger and Olenna have conspired in the past. And lord knows he loves chaos. That would give credence to the scene where LF and Lancel run into each other, so it's not just another throw away.

Lastly, I appreciate that there's a thread here that's not just people yelling over and at each other. Good work everyone! :cheers:

I've been thinking Jaime heads back to Casterly Rock with his proverbial tail between his legs at the end, but that's just my guess. Will Cersei send him a letter to return to KL for her trial? Not sure, but maybe. Perhaps Bronn tells Jaime about Lancel while on his death bed?

I realized the other day that Team Stannis is probably the most well-written, fleshed out, and compelling group of characters left on the TV show. I think this is due to 1) the terrific actors in that storyline, 2) the amount of time these characters have been with us (since Seasons 2 and 3), and 3) that every other story line has lost supporting characters due to adaptational choices.

Other storylines feel skeletal in comparison with a cast of two-dimensional (at best) supporting characters who come and go. I find this ironic given Team Stannis felt neglected for so long.

It's a shame most of them are probably about to die as a result of Littlefinger's half-baked scheming.

Which is interesting. I've been waiting for Sansa to take some initiative and save herself, but even then lighting the candle and escaping with Brienne/Theon seems to just be *again* going along with someone else's plan, not finding her own and helping herself.

Hmm maybe, but I think the preview offers a bit of a glimpse. It seems that she is looking to Theon for aid instead of waiting for aid.

I wonder. Is it possible that instead of a Pink Letter from the books we get a different letter that informs Jon that Sansa has been violated? I wonder. Perhaps her reason for escaping is that someone informs her that Jon is at the wall and alive? But I wonder if the show runners use the wedding night as a means to bring Jon south?

why would they have ramsay live longer? I have a feeling theon might die :(

Surely they need a villain until the White Walkers or Dany are ready to be the outright villain of the story? Beyond Ramsay there is only really Euron (not in teh show yet), Littlefinger and Cersai.

I've been wondering forever what the heck they're going to do about all the northern lords that were backing Robb. Greatjon Umber, Galbart Glover, and Maege Mormont were all there to capture Jaime and declare him king, and were clearly not at the Red Wedding, so where the heck are they? Were they killed somewhere else? Do they just not care? If they dump the Manderlys, okay, whatever, but how can they just dump a bunch of people who were already on the show and played a part earlier? Just pretend they never existed? If I recall correctly, losing Umber was a dispute with the actor, but what about everybody else? And where the hell is the Blackfish? They could have just let him be killed if they were going to drop his storyline, but they didn't.

Yeah it would make sense to bring back Umber in perhaps the Mors Umber role from the books. Personally I think the Blackfish is with the BwB but I think that plot isn't coming to the book so I could see him take some role at Winterfell. Perhaps he's takes the Hooded Man/Ghost of Winterfell role.

Archived