[BOOK and SHOW SPOILERS] So what is Littlefinger's game now?

that LF did not know about Ramsay. That should make things interesting

when he comes back?

Maybe Stannis - Boltons - LF will destroy each other, thus Sansa standing at the top

in the end (seriously, after her line and what she did I don't think anyone will get her

out of WF again).

The faux cocky attitude ain't funny any longer, all the reasons why she can end up on top have gone down the drain after this episode. In KL it was well known that Tyrion hadn't touched his trophy wife which made Sansa still the desire of every house. She is not in the inner circle and favourite of the Lord of the Vale which gave her some plot armor. She's no longer a Stark nor a Lannister and has lost the power behind the name. She's now an oathbreaker since her marriage to Tyrion was not properly anulled. And now she's with a bunch of traitors and suspicions of her carrying the tainted pup of Bolton would be just the cherry on top of the shit cake that now is Sansa. Why would he end up in top?

Everyone knew about the bastard of Bolton... If you're an intelligence agent, then you must know or you suck at your job. Which is completely out-of-character since LF is not one who likes to share his toys.

Also... No one can take the north, so his plan of taking the North are just stupid. Now the Boltons hold Moat Cailin and the Crannogmen still guard the Neck... The Vale knights would only be crushed if they attempt an attack, there's a reason why only dragons have managed to make the north bend the knee... Even if Stannis or the Boltons are weakened, inside the walls of Winterfell on winter, the simple idea of attacking them is idiotic... Even Stannis with his Northmen attacking Winterfell seems rather adventurous.

This whole episode was dumb plans followed by even dumber plans.

For all that TV Littlefinger is supposedly idiotic, when I saw what he was doing with Cersei, I finally saw the brilliance in what he was doing. It's mad, reckless brilliance, but it's brilliance nonetheless. He is playing everyone off everyone else, providing their secrets to each other to prove himself a friend to all. Even with Stannis, he hopes to curry favour as the protector of Ned Stark's daughter. He said this season that he's a betting man, but what he's actually doing is hedging his bets so that no matter who wins, he'll be the trusted and proven friend of the victor.

I do expect him to take steps to undermine Cersei, though, since Cersei has it out for Sansa and therefore has to go. I imagine Olenna will be leaning pretty hard on Olyvar to recant his testimony or on Littlefinger to silence Olyvar. Littlefinger certainly has a strong incentive to ensure that the Tyrells are the winners in the Lannister/Tyrell struggle.

I have no doubt that TV Littlefinger's plans will fail, just as I expect Book Littlefinger's plans will fail, for much the same reasons as in the books:

1. He's counting on Sansa's continued loyalty.

2. Bran and Rickon are still alive.

3. He hasn't factored Dany and her dragons into the mix (that we know of).

The goal of Littlefinger is for Stannis to take Winterfell and make Sansa Wardeness of the North, and after Stannis conquers Winterfell and heads south, and battles with Lannisters and Tyrells, he can march in with the Knights of the Veil - without being stopped around Winterfell because his Sansa controls it - and take the Iron Throne for Robert Arryn, the boy King.

The thing with Cersei was just an excuse so he could get as quickly as possible to the Eyrie, before Stannis cuts his way.

Why would knights of the Vale help Littlefinger? Houses of Vale dont care about North so wont risk their soldiers for nothing. LF can't command them as he is on shaky ground himself and only Lord Protector. In books he counted on houses joining their Lords wife restore her lands. So Im interested how LF will get Vale soldiers.

Well, he can convince Robert to command the Knights, to go fight for him against whoever remains standing in King's Landing so Robert can become King.

In that case, the Eyrie would have a power never seen before in history.

Littlefinger's plan makes a ton of sense as long as you recognize that he's a stone cold liar who is playing everyone off each other.

Precisely.

I find all the folk complaining because they are not smart enough to figure out what LF is up to rather silly. Of course it does not make sense if you only look at one part of the puzzle.

They also work on the assumption that LF's first lie was to the Boltons. His first lie was to Sansa, then he lied to the Boltons and now he has lied to Cersei.

It is all going to come apart because the Boltons are going to defeat Stannis, Sansa is going to escape Winter Fell and the Faith Militant is the first player in Westeros politics who sees Little Finger as their prime target. So far Little Finger has been able to play one power off against another and work his way up through the middle. He can't play that game with the Faith Militant because they are out to get him.

It is all going to come apart because the Boltons are going to defeat Stannis, Sansa is going to escape Winter Fell and the Faith Militant is the first player in Westeros politics who sees Little Finger as their prime target. So far Little Finger has been able to play one power off against another and work his way up through the middle. He can't play that game with the Faith Militant because they are out to get him.

The Faith Militant are going to in likelihood be completely destroyed in episode 8 under the orders of the King.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Bo89m2f6g

In the trailer at 10 sec. you can see Tommen holding Marg which wouldn't be possible if the Faith Militant still had her.

The Faith Militant are going to in likelihood be completely destroyed in episode 8 under the orders of the King.

In the trailer at 10 sec. you can see Tommen holding Marg which wouldn't be possible if the Faith Militant still had her.

The Faith Militant are going to in all likelihood be completely destroyed in episode 8 under the orders of the King.

The Faith Militant are going to in all likelihood be completely destroyed in episode 8 under the orders of the King.

I love how Daario totally rips off Gareth from Walking Dead at the end of that trailer.

For all that TV Littlefinger is supposedly idiotic, when I saw what he was doing with Cersei, I finally saw the brilliance in what he was doing. It's mad, reckless brilliance, but it's brilliance nonetheless. He is playing everyone off everyone else, providing their secrets to each other to prove himself a friend to all. Even with Stannis, he hopes to curry favour as the protector of Ned Stark's daughter. He said this season that he's a betting man, but what he's actually doing is hedging his bets so that no matter who wins, he'll be the trusted and proven friend of the victor.

Yup, he's basically playing the game of thrones the way I play Diplomacy. And the thing I've noticed is, so long as you never actually lie, just omit certain truths, it usually works. I'm really liking LF this season.

I don't think it'll be episode 8, because Cersei needs to have her walk first. But something definitely happens to the Faith Militant at some point, because I've noticed that Tommen/Marg scene too and I don't think they'd let her go if they weren't forced too.

The goal of Littlefinger is for Stannis to take Winterfell and make Sansa Wardeness of the North, and after Stannis conquers Winterfell and heads south, and battles with Lannisters and Tyrells, he can march in with the Knights of the Veil - without being stopped around Winterfell because his Sansa controls it - and take the Iron Throne for Robert Arryn, the boy King.

The thing with Cersei was just an excuse so he could get as quickly as possible to the Eyrie, before Stannis cuts his way.

I wrote the following post in haste, so let me clarify certain things.

Knights of the Veil do not need to pass Winterfell because of geography, however if Littlefinger didn't secure Winterfell with Sansa, troops at Winterfell would be able to attack them from behind as they went to attack the Iron Throne.

I don't think it'll be episode 8, because Cersei needs to have her walk first. But something definitely happens to the Faith Militant at some point, because I've noticed that Tommen/Marg scene too and I don't think they'd let her go if they weren't forced too.

I think the walk of shame is going to be rewritten.

Cersei is going to be forced to walk naked by the King himself, because she empowered the fanatics to imprison his wife.

And I do think that The Faith is going to be destroyed in episode 8, because for this ep. it is said "Cersei struggles".

I don't think Littlefinger actually intends to take troops from the Vale north, but if he wanted to, it's pretty obvious how. He already told Bolton he was planning to bring an army from the Vale north to ally with him and fight against the Lannisters. The Bolton men at Moat Cailin would let him pass, thinking he was there to help. The problem there is, in spite of what he told Cersei, he can't possibly defeat Stannis (Cersei doesn't know he has the backing of the Iron Bank and a bunch of sellswords and wildlings augmenting the men he had at Dragonstone and Storm's End), so the only feasible plan would be an alliance, like he told Sansa, but I don't see Stannis allying with Littlefinger. It's hard to believe he wouldn't know this is the man who brokered the Tyrell alliance with the Lannisters that caused his defeat at Blackwater. He'd burn him the second he saw him.

Archived