[Book Spoilers] EP506 Discussion v. 2

Your second point is a bit iffy given the differences between the contemporary show written by dashing young men's treatment of the theme vs. the original, fat dirty old dork's work - even in my non-SJW interpretation of it :D

but yeah, enough of this

Statements that are this condemning of someone else's appearance......SHOULD come with a personal photo, know what I'm saying? Such is the internet, huh?

Good point about the SS not even trying to harm Myrcella when that was their stated goal. That's another thing that should have gone differently if the show were internally consistent at all.

Your second point is what I am getting at with having the SS conceal their intent a bit and just walk into the water gardens. That way some guards could have been shown and that would have been at least a bit more logical. However, then we couldn't have Jaime and Bronn just easily walk into the place unchallenged so... :dunno:

Also, that scene really, really should have taken place in the evening. I mean, it's simply logical that one would make the attempt, whether it's to kill Myrcella or "rescue" her, in the evening because the coming darkness would make getting away much easier.

hahahaha, finally........He Who Is Of The Night........is looking competent. :lmao:

Hello. Where can one read your article? I cannot go through the part of this thread I haven't read already. Pls?!

Click the link in the bottom right corner of JCRB's sig

Statements that are this condemning of someone else's appearance......SHOULD come with a personal photo, know what I'm saying? Such is the internet, huh?

Aw come on, it was a facetious quip while I positively compared his work to Dweeb and Dumbfuck's.

Also the internet is such that you never really know if a photo is actually perwonal, so...

Edited by Facebookless Man

hahahaha, finally........He Who Is Of The Night........is looking competent. :lmao:

Heh, yep. In the books, Darkwing Duckstar wanted to start a war so he tried to kill Myrcella and did end up maiming her. In the show, Ellaria and the Sand Snakes flat out state they want to hurt/kill Myrcella to start a war so...why were they shown only trying to kidnap her? I mean, when their plan was thwarted by Jaime, Bronn, and Areo et al. showing up why no last ditch effort to at least harm Myrcella with the whip or thowing the spear or, better yet, a poisoned dagger?

Aw come on, it was a facetious quip while I positively compared his work to Dweeb and Dumbass'.

Also the internet is such that you never really know if a photo is actually perwonal, so...

Tis true, I see you were kidding around.

You could have made my day and told me........you look like Pedro Pascal and can even do his fake accents, LOL

This is where it gets weird, because 1) I'm spanish and 2) I've actually been told I do by a female GoT fan.

Not that I expect you to believe that, of course. But it's true and under the circumstances I can't not say it.

ETA: what the hell is going on in this thread lol

Edited by Facebookless Man

Dany was raped in the books too, and yet she turned around and fell in love with Drogo anyway. Yes, in the books it wasn't as brutal but a 13 year old girl being sold to a man is not capable of consenting. They made it more brutal and that may be irresponsible, but don't blame the rape itself on David and Dan, that was all GRRM.

It was definitely brutal, Dany was abused to tears by Drogo until it apparently turned out she just wasmt pleasing him the right way or some crap.

Here ya go, in case paging back is difficult. :cheers:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lilicap/an-open-letter-to-game-of-thrones-critics-17qd7

:cheers:

Great article, makes me want to do a reread.

I just remembered.

The next episode is called The Gift and Sansa is seen looking up at something while Ramsey kisses her. I'm guessing this is his "wedding gift":either Myranda or the old lady flayed.

And it will mirror Joff showing her Ned's head in season one because D&D like silly stuff like that.

Edited by Winter's Knight

This is where it gets weird, because 1) I'm spanish and 2) I've actually been told I do by a female GoT fan.

Not that I expect you to believe that, of course. But it's true and under the circumstances I can't not say it.

ETA: what the hell is going on in this thread lol

Obviously, some momentary fun is going on with the thread, Seven Save Me, I wish the show still gave me that at times. :devil:

Here ya go, in case paging back is difficult. :cheers:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lilicap/an-open-letter-to-game-of-thrones-critics-17qd7

From the article:

"HBO has decided to write women in the show and place them under two categories: weak and strong.

If a woman has no visible ways to prove she has power, then she’s weak. Doesn’t matter how smart she can be, she is going to be a victim of rape...."

"...But, if a women is strong, then she needs to prove her strength by not only carrying around a weapon or wearing sexy costume. She needs to be an emotionless badass who has little sympathy or compassion for other people and does nothing but throwing around badass oneliners to prove how much she means what she says. For some reason, that’s meant to be a “strong female character”..."

How does Tallisa (Maegyr) Stark fit this theory? She was a memorable, strong female character (& a pretty substantial one at that) who appeared two seasons. How does Catlyn Stark fit in this analysis for that matter?

Regarding the wedding to Tyrion

"Sansa from the show took the announcement of her wedding like she should be glad she was marrying Tyrion because he’s such a nice fellow. And she knelt to him because she’s so so kind towards his feelings."

Um, bullshit. Is this article supposed to be a joke?

Shit episode of a shit season so far.

Do I even need to complain about Dorne and how cringy the Sand Snakes are?

ISIS arrests Loras for a birthmark his squire would have seen a hundred times without engaging in sexual relations. Also arresting Margaery because the plot demands it.

Myranda OC ''Do not steal''. Who is she and why should I give a shit? No Freys, no northern lords, Theon, the main character of the Winterfell chapters, barely gets screentime. And we're stuck with Myranda twirling her mustache and wasting screentime.

Edited by Drekinn

:cheers:

Great article, makes me want to do a reread.

I just remembered.

The next episode is called The Gift and Sansa is seen looking up at something while Ramsey kisses her. I'm guessing this is his "wedding gift":either Myranda or the old lady flayed.

And it will mirror Joff showing her Ned's head in season one because D&D like silly stuff like that.

If they follow their own rules, a politician of their choosing should be shown flayed like GWB's head was shown on a spike in season 1.

I noticed this too, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Some people in other threads pointed out the use of "country", "capital", "politician", "pillow-biter", "sword swallower", "miles" (instead of leagues), and "sensitive diplomatic mission" (Cersei's reply as to where Jaime is). These are all things that aren't that readily noticeable, but do kind of take you out of the realism I think.

Edit: Stannis also told someone to "go to hell"

Yea some of these bothered me so I checked the (five) books and some were in there:

miles - 74

go to hell - 4

context can/does matter:

country - 15

sword swallower - 1

variations:

hell - [about] 61

politics - 1

mission - 6 but not diplomatic

Yea some of these bothered me so I checked the (five) books and some were in there:

miles - 74

go to hell - 4

context can/does matter:

country - 15

sword swallower - 1

variations:

hell - [about] 61

politics - 1

mission - 6 but not diplomatic

Thank you for that! I was citing examples others had posted.

Hell is fine. It's usually in the context of the seven hells though. Diplomatic was the part that bothered me, and the "sensitive" part. Not necessarily the use of mission. Saying "he's on a sensitive diplomatic mission" sounds like something the POTUS would say.

Sword swallower is in the books? That's surprising. I was more bothered by "pillow biter" though.

Of course, these complaints can then bleed into ASOIAF, which is a perfectly valid nitpick. Plenty of people have complained about some anachronisms within his books. Maybe the length means they're easier to gloss over though? I'm not sure.

It's the definition of a nitpick. Not really a big deal, but something that can take you out of the story occasionally.

From the article:

"HBO has decided to write women in the show and place them under two categories: weak and strong.

If a woman has no visible ways to prove she has power, then she’s weak. Doesn’t matter how smart she can be, she is going to be a victim of rape...."

"...But, if a women is strong, then she needs to prove her strength by not only carrying around a weapon or wearing sexy costume. She needs to be an emotionless badass who has little sympathy or compassion for other people and does nothing but throwing around badass oneliners to prove how much she means what she says. For some reason, that’s meant to be a “strong female character”..."

How does Tallisa (Maegyr) Stark fit this theory? She was a memorable, strong female character (& a pretty substantial one at that) who appeared two seasons. How does Catlyn Stark fit in this analysis for that matter?

Regarding the wedding to Tyrion

"Sansa from the show took the announcement of her wedding like she should be glad she was marrying Tyrion because he’s such a nice fellow. And she knelt to him because she’s so so kind towards his feelings."

Um, bullshit. Is this article supposed to be a joke?

Ummmmmmmm, what IS bullshit is thinking I should waste my time explaining what it is and isn't when the website does that at the top of said page. Hell......the TITLE explains what it is SUPPOSED to be.

Edited by Lady Fevre Dream