[BOOK AND SHOW SPOILERS] Scarlett has left the building!

Im close, tbh. I think i would just be lying to myself if i said i was going to stop watching the show. But, this really did fuck me up and i cannot trust these writers anymore.

I honestly don't know If I'll ever be able to watch an episode of GOT again fully. I've been... Numb, to be honest, ever since that scene. I just...

It's more of a deal breaker to taking the show at all seriously, with regards to Northern politics at least. I still find the events in KL and Jorah/Tyrion to be passable. Dorne wasn't too solid in the show at any point.

I'll still watch it, but what with GRRM's scheduling and the show's fumbling, I think I won't spend too much time or money on anything related to aSoIaF.

ffs. ramsey is a deviant monster, why would anyone think he wouldn't rape his new noble wife??

what were you expecting exactly? and there's much more rape in the books. are you gonna stop reading them too?

Keep on-topic, please. I don't want to start a "Sansa wasn't there in the books" and "Sansa's not raped" discussion, because I find it unecessary.

what were you expecting exactly? and there's much more rape in the books. are you gonna stop reading them too?

Book-rapes weren't literary gems either. I think people keep reading in spite of those scenes, not because of them. The most off-putting thing about the books is the creation of a no-holds-barred character, Ramsay, where another character could have performed the plot-driving function without the nasty bits.

Keep on-topic, please. I don't want to start a "Sansa wasn't there in the books" and "Sansa's not raped" discussion, because I find it unecessary.

okay, based solely on the tv show, why were you in any way surprised that ramsey would rape her? i find it baffling that someone might give up on the show because of this.

okay, based solely on the tv show, why were you in any way surprised that ramsey would rape her? i find it baffling that someone might give up on the show because of this.

That's the thing though - People, and by people I mean actual fans, as well as sites and articles, have all said the show took it too far, because the storyline makes little sense to those involved. Sansa should never be there in tue first place - That's why it's insulting. It's just a rape to shock viewers, which they admitted it to be. People, despite your baffling, are leaving the show because of it, because it's offensive to Sansa's arc, anti-productive and makes no sense.

Book-rapes weren't literary gems either. I think people keep reading in spite of those scenes, not because of them. The most off-putting thing about the books is the creation of a no-holds-barred character, Ramsay, where another character could have performed the plot-driving function without the nasty bits.

westeros is a savage place, full of savages. it's the brutal realism of the world that has played a major part in making it the success it is. why on earth should it be sterilised?

That's the thing though - People, and by people I mean actual fans, as well as sites and articles, have all said the show took it too far, because the storyline makes little sense to those involved. Sansa should never be there in tue first place - That's why it's insulting. It's just a rape to shock viewers, which they admitted it to be. People, despite your baffling, are leaving the show because of it, because it's offensive to Sansa's arc, anti-productive and makes no sense.

so really your problem is the tv show being different to the books. glad we cleared up that then.

for what it's worth, it makes perfect sense to put sansa there rather than wandering around the vale for two seasons. having a nobody character like jeyne poole up there is bad tv.

Archived