[BOOK AND SHOW SPOILERS] Scarlett has left the building!

Rape or no rape is my biggest problem.

We've been sold a cold and manipulative Sansa since last year. But this season, every thing she do is in total contradiction with it. She only has some brief moments where she seems to be "playing the game" (the bath scene).

But what I guess I don't understand is what would have been the alternative. Besides not bringing Sansa to Winterfell in the first place, if she were to marry Ramsey how could they have done the wedding scene?

Didn't "have to be" but, alas, it was. Dems the breaks, kid.

It's amazing people don't get this. You could say "It didn't have to be _____" for everything.

This was the creative route they took. Only a few episodes left to see how it plays out.

The show went out of its way to include rape that wasn't in the source material.

I won't stop watching, but that doesn't mean that I have to like it or respect it, or understand it.

And further, they could have cut with just Theon's face in horror, but then instead had include the background sounds.

If this was an isolated incident, fine I suppose I can live with it, but it isn't.

At this point, the unnecessary inclusion of violent sexualized acts toward women is a black mark for the show today and for it's legacy.

It will be one of the things I think about, Game of Thrones was great, but...

Remember kids:

YOU! (yes, you in the glasses) are a misogynist if you don't find Sansa being raped by a rapist/murderer/torturer on her wedding night to said rapist all that surprising.

Change your ways.

With that, I bid you all adieu.

It's amazing people don't get this. You could say "It didn't have to be _____" for everything.

This was the creative route they took. Only a few episodes left to see how it plays out.

Thanks for the mansplanations. I cant believe so many of us poor stupid women couldnt figure that out.

:rolleyes:

Exactly. Ned didn't have to be beheaded.

Rhaegar didn't "have to" shame his wife by choosing that Northern girl.

Robert didn't have to such a negligent, drunk bastard to his children.

Roose didn't have to rape a miller's wife.

Joffrey could've been a nicer lad.

Stannis could've had a sense of humor.

Yep. We're all a buncha cock merchants.... :cheers:

Hahaha by far my favorite part of the episode! That's saying a lot considering this had the entertainment that was the incompetent Sand Fakes!

I mean, come on, in D&D's Essos, there is a job title of cock merchant. And it's referred to with a straight face.

LOL, Favorite Line of the Day "She's by far the worst Stark, so he can rape her."

My point was to counter the argument that it's not so bad if it was Jeyne, but not precious Sansa. As to her being the worst Stark, she is. She's the vein one, she didn't ask about Arya when she was being held in KL and she lied for Joff and got her wolf killed.

I never went close to saying it's okay that Ramsey raped her. I'm happy for you to argue but don't put words in my mouth, then argue against them.

But what I guess I don't understand is what would have been the alternative. Besides not bringing Sansa to Winterfell in the first place, if she were to marry Ramsey how could they have done the wedding scene?

I mentioned this earlier in the thread but I would have preferred Sansa and LF being in WF disguised (so she is Alayne Stone), perhaps for the wedding between Ramsay and someone else or Roose and Fat Walda. Then to have Sansa betray LF by scheming and plotting with Lady Dustin and Manderly. fArya could have still happened, if they really wanted it to, with just some other girl - we just wouldn't have seen the aftermath of the wedding but it would have been implied. Then Theon's arc remains largely the same as well.

That's my preferred way of looking at how the plot of Sansa in WF could have gone, without doing any character assassinations along the way. I'm open to other suggestions though! I would love to discuss other roles Sansa could have played.

The show's been a horribly (and often needlessly) unfaithful adaptation for a long time now, and what happened was just a shadow of Ramsay's wedding night in Dance. Book Ramsay had his way with an abused child after having his minion "warm her up" with a crooked finger. Yet Show Ramsay skipping straight to the rape is a great, unprecedented atrocity that no one could see coming?

I don't get it. I expected Unsullied to be shocked and appalled, but did people here really expect Game of Fanfiction, whose gratuitous violence creds include a pregnant woman getting shanked a dozen times in the stomach, to do something different? What did you think it was building up to? Silly things like logic didn't stop D&D from having Jaime rape his sister and murder his cousin. They'll sacrifice anyone's integrity (okay, maybe not Tyrion's) to give the audience a big shocker.

I mean come on, this is the show with a dwarf cock merchant. At this point it's not worth getting offended over.

Archived