Brian told us Everything we need to know

I also happen to not like Dorne and Meereen that much while reading. Meereenese blot essays changed my whole view on them completely. Go check if you want to read something well written instead of crackpot theories https://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/

And also, let me use your argument against you. TV and Prose are different have different elements. What may have worked in Book may not work in TV. Alternatively, can we say that what does not work in Prose, might work on TV? ( :devil: MWAHAHAHAHA *LAUGHS MANIACALLY) Try to dispute that you sleazy mustards!

My view on GRRM's choice of words seem, as if he wants to stay neutral to the show. Not criticising nor praising it. He also clearly wants to keep discussions on show out of his website for clarity purposes. There is merit in his attitude.

Seriously... anyone who complains about what the dirty D&D did to their precious Sansa instead of commenting on the spectacular shit-show that was the Water Garden confrontation is just being Fanboy/Fangirlish. "Oh, it is so horrible! It's nothing like the book, where the girl getting raped was someone we had less investment in!" What will you say if Baelish rapes Sansa in Winds of Winter? I liken the reaction on this board to the reaction that a lot of bookreaders had after the Red Wedding.

I'm sorry if the writers made you feel uncomfortable... Why don't you go watch Big Bang Theory safe and secure in the knowledge that you will in no way ever be challenged by good old Chuck Lore?

I made the point that Sansa's rape wasn't near the biggest departure the show has made from the books and I was called a misogynist and accused of advocating for rape.

Or we can, you know, criticize the two. Just because Dorne is so bad doesn't mean that Sansa scene is OK by comparison.

"Or we can, you know, criticize the two. Just because Dorne is so bad doesn't mean that Sansa scene is OK by comparison."

Buddy, in comparison to the Water Garden the Sansa scene was Citizen F-ing Kane. Technically the Sansa scene was proficient, it was shot well and it was internally consistent. In other words.... The Sansa scene could only be called as bad as the Water Garden scene if Ramsay was hanging out in the God's Wood and Sansa just randomly happens to be there so they decide to get married and then Ramsay consummated the marriage by repeatedly and awkwardly bumping into Sansa while fully clothed.

"Or we can, you know, criticize the two. Just because Dorne is so bad doesn't mean that Sansa scene is OK by comparison."

Buddy, in comparison to the Water Garden the Sansa scene was Citizen F-ing Kane. Technically the Sansa scene was proficient, it was shot well and it was internally consistent. In other words.... The Sansa scene could only be called as bad as the Water Garden scene if Ramsay was hanging out in the God's Wood and Sansa just randomly happens to be there so they decide to get married and then Ramsay consummated the marriage by repeatedly and awkwardly bumping into Sansa while fully clothed.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:thumbsup:

To be totally honest, I found myself liking the Done scene. I read all of the rants before viewing the episode and I still enjoyed it. I can't put my finger on any tangible reason why not do I disagree with any of the more negative assessments but nevertheless it entertained me at face value. Bronns "oh for fuck sake" is right out of a night of cards with the boys. Fighting terrible, acting piss poor,plot while convenient was full of holes, but it still pleased me. It's like a McDs cheeseburger,you know it's garbage but it's still enjoyable for whatever reason

"Fighting terrible, acting piss poor,plot while convenient was full of holes, but it still pleased me. It's like a McDs cheeseburger,"

Oof.... I hate McD's cheeseburgers; but point taken. I would respond by expanding on your analogy: HBO is a PREMIUM channel, I pay a lot more to have it so I'd say it's like Morton's Steakhouse (or Ruth's Chris depending on location). The CW is like McDonalds. If I saw that scene on a show like 'Arrow' I might grin ruefully but it wouldn't piss me off. However.... if I go to Morton's and spend 120 bucks to order a Fillet Mignon and I received a Mc D's Cheeseburger.... oh there is gonna be some words.

They should have never done this. It was doomed from the start. It should have been the same scenario as season 3 and 4. The first of of each book is one season, the 2nd half for the next. It was too much info, even with all of th ecuts and changes. They bit off more than they could chew and choked on it.

I think books 4 and 5 should have never been split. I understand and almost always support the idea of worldbuilding, but there is a time and place for it and grinding the narative flow to a halt in order to explore that world was a mistake. Worldbuilding should be peppered throughout the entire experience, not lumped in in huge chunks.

There was simply too much of it to the point where the 5th book had to be published with every single story thread left on a cliffhanger because the publishers couldn't physically fit any more chapters.

It's for that reason that I think Ep. 10 is likely going to deliver some closure on a least some of the storylines left dangling in the books and I welcome it.

I don't understand all of the Dorne hatred. After all, from the show's opening, it's just one city, and now we've seen that it has one beach, one road, one set of hills, and the Water Gardens. Therefore, it makes complete sense for all of the characters to be in that one location. If there's any gripe to be made, it would have to be the question of where that caravan that Bronn and Jaime used as cover was coming from. At least give us East Dorne and West Dorne. :lol:

Archived