SE5EP6: Lost Characters

I'm just creating this topic to discuss on all the characters that seem to have just "disappeared" from the show.

1. Gendry: He went off in a canoe.... and has never been seen since.

2. The Ironborn: They were pillaging everywhere.... and then they just dissapeared, and are now suddenly doing... nothing?

3. Varys: The Imp gets kidnapped, and suddenly... Varys is no where to be found.

4. The Frey's: Really... they told that story with Bran hinting that the Gods will get vengeance on old Walder Frey, and then he just gets pulled from the show too?

Does anyone think any of these characters will ever get closure? Or are they just gone?

I certainly hope so....there was a big deal about Gendry having King's Blood and the whole leech ritual....it killed 2 of 3 Kings....wink, wink, but that brings us to the third...Balon...I would think at least they have to address Balon still being alive because that 3rd leech was for him.

Maybe Jorah and Tyrion will pick Gendry up, they are in a boat, lol.

Walder as in "the Late Walder Frey".....Can you say pie? Or maybe he will get cooked up with some lemoncakes considering Sansa is the only one in Winterfell that would care to make this happen. Where the F is The North????? Talk about a missing character.

- Gendry is feasting in the Drown God's waterly halls.

- Varys is already in Meereen as he is Daario Naharys.

- The Ironborn are sailing to the other side of the sunset sea.

- The Freys are making pies. Walda likes to eat Frey pie.

- Beric Dondarrion is taking a long vacation with Sandor's gold.

House Tully / Riverlands is bizarre. Are they technically still at war with the Lannisters or not. Was there a treaty signed. Where's the Blackfish.

Where's the entire Tyrell army and how do they feel about the 2 heirs of their liege house being arrested

Where are the Ironborn and who leads them

Where's Rickon

House Tully / Riverlands is bizarre. Are they technically still at war with the Lannisters or not. Was there a treaty signed. Where's the Blackfish.

Where's the entire Tyrell army and how do they feel about the 2 heirs of their liege house being arrested

Where are the Ironborn and who leads them

Where's Rickon

They might as well be lead by Gendry by now. His rowing skills are legendary after all.

Rickon was supposed to go to the Last Hearth if I recall. Since the Greatjon has vanished after S1 though, who knows.

The Greatjon is the one that infuriates me the most, since he was portrayed in S1 as the main (only?) Stark bannerman, and then disappeared without leaving trace. It shouldn't have been too difficult to include a throwaway comment in the first episodes of season 2 saying that she had been sent back to the North to rise more leavies, or that he ad been left in the rearguard to command some key outpost.

I'm fine with having lost shght of Varys. His whereabouts are unknown, and he'll reappear sooner or later.

The Greyjoys where defeated in Winterfell and Moat Cailin and now are hinding in the Iron Isles, It could have been done much better, but I find it's enough explanation. It is specially significant that Balon was also "cursed" by Mel, and is still alive. If they abandon them it will be a high fail, but they still have time to readdress their story satisfactorily.

The thing is...none of these characters NEED to be seen on screen to explain why they're gone forever or hint at their whereabouts if Ding and Dong plan to eventual have them come back to the story. 80% of these characters could be hinted at in ONE sentence of dialogue by almost any character and that would work wonders for continuity. Instead we'll get more Grey Worm and Missandei.

Once you realize network TV hacks romanced GRRM into believing they could adapt his show, things make more sense. Yeah, GRRM thinks they're doing a swell job. That's why he all of the sudden leaked that Sansa chapter before they could butcher that arc....and that's why he suddenly released Mercy last year before they botched that whole thing. He's just so happy lol.

Archived