SE5EP6: Lost Characters

Wow this thread has really made me realize just how much the show has either forgotten, thinks we forgot, or just swept under the rug. THere are some pretty big things left out in here. I have no doubt most are gone for good.

Some of the names mentioned don't really make sense. To be fair, Varys is supposed to be missing at this point, and I'm not sure how or when we would have seen Walder Frey since the RW (though I wish we got some of the other Freys).

The disappearance of any Northern lords, the entire Riverlands and Iron Islands, and so on bothers me greatly, though. And I'm surprised no one mentioned Illyrio.

Great subject for a post! People here are right that we don't need to see these people. A status update would be great. A device like Maester Aemon's letter from Essos could be quite useful here (side note: who did that letter come from? Illyrio?)

The Greatjon apparently went wherever whores go after doing the "King in the north!" stuff. The rest of the North and the Riverlands soon followed.

This made me laugh. The only people that seem to be left in the North are the Boltons and Lyanna Mormont.

Somehow Lost Characters seems more like Lost storylines. Sadly I think the show will end up with some things like the show Lost where we are expected to forget it was ever a thing. (Gendry, Rickon, Freys, Riverlands, Ironborn, etc)

Hell, Ser Robert Strong/UnGregor has more storyline right now than most of them and all he did was twitch and have a dwarf head given to Qyburn.

Wow this thread has really made me realize just how much the show has either forgotten, thinks we forgot, or just swept under the rug. THere are some pretty big things left out in here. I have no doubt most are gone for good.

Seriously! I know there are so many characters to keep track of, but I forgot about people like Gendry. Who at the time he was on the show, they made it look like he would have a bigger role to play.

My dad, who is strictly show, and I were talking about Arya, and how Meryn Trant was on her list and going to Braavos. When I brought up how apparently the Brotherhood Without Banners were no longer on her list, since she no longer mentions Beric and Thoros, we probably won't see them again. He didn't even remember them until I mentioned it, so I guess that's what they're hoping for.

One good thing to come from cutting the Ironborn is we don't have to suffer through Damphair. My most hated character by a country mile, I always read his pontificating rants in a Captain Birdseye voice which probably didn't help.

Lost Characters? Is this about the fact that Mr Eko showed up this past week? Instead of him being involved in the heroin market, he's now doing business with cock merchants, I wonder.......is that about LOST revenue? Eh, this gods awful show isn't worthy of jokes, not sure why I bother. :dunno:

1. Nymeria (direwolf)

2. Bran and co.

3. Rickon and Osha

4. Blackfish

5. Edmure and Roslin

6. Walder Frey

7. The Brotherhood without banners (With Stoneheart cut, I hope they're chilling in the Riverlands)

8. Gendry

9. Salladhor Saan (He got an army for Stannis, but where is he now?)

10. Greatjon

11. Aeron Damphair

12. Balon Greyjoy (What is dead in the books may never die in the show)

13. Asha Greyjoy

14. The Hound. They did not show him dying, and I bet there was a maester hiding behind that rock.

Archived