SE5EP6: Lost Characters

1. Nymeria (direwolf)

2. Bran and co.

3. Rickon and Osha

4. Blackfish

5. Edmure and Roslin

6. Walder Frey

7. The Brotherhood without banners (With Stoneheart cut, I hope they're chilling in the Riverlands)

8. Gendry

9. Salladhor Saan (He got an army for Stannis, but where is he now?)

10. Greatjon

11. Aeron Damphair

12. Balon Greyjoy (What is dead in the books may never die in the show)

13. Asha Greyjoy

14. The Hound. They did not show him dying, and I bet there was a maester hiding behind that rock.

15. Maege Mormont

16. Gallbart Glover

I don't know if this has been mentioned but Gendry's absence is explainable.

"Where should I go?"

"Just keep the coast on your left side"

But Dragonstone is an island. He's been rowing in a circle for the last two years.

Wow. That's not what i would call a casual observation. Good catch.

To be fair, a lot of these characters are lost or forgotten in the books as well. I hope we don't end up with a "How I Met Your Mother" type wrap-up.

I haven't seen that, what would it be like? Except for apparently pissing off each and every fan, I mean?

(The "pissing off" part refers to HIMYM, where fans hated the ending.)

ETA: Benjen...

Another one who made an appearance in the show but was quickly forgotten about was the Sorcerer who cut Varys. He went to a huge effort to import him over to Westeros in a crate, just to forget him again.

As for Varys himself he has also been forgotten in the books, I can see him returning though and being a big player again once Dany makes her way over to Westeros.

Um. We're only on Season 5, and they've openly cut a LOT of large storylines. Why are you guys going berserk over this shit? Wait until the damn show is over before bitching about shit they "left out". Lmfao.

Didn't get the impression of bitching or going berserk. Just listing, and discussing all the ones we can think of is all.

I like to laugh about these missing characters (the Gendry rowing thing is hilarious), but none of them (except Bran) are major characters : they all appeared in the story when they met one of the main characters (Gendry : Ned and Arya - BWB : Arya - Balon and Yara : Theon) and then disappeared when they left them. Makes total sense. We'll probably see some of them again when major characters met them in the future, or not.

Not every character need to die, sometimes they can just leave the POV and live on their own. And if they do nothing interesting, there's no need to show what happened to them. We know that Gendry probably settled in a small town and became smith, the BWB probably still lives in the woods and caves, Balon and Yara are in their castle with no more option because they lost... Until a major character meets them again or until they do something important !

I am a show-only person, I thought never following up the fates of Blackfish and Edmure was a huge thing.

Gendry to a far lesser extent, but he did seem important in the big scheme at least for Mel.

Someone like Hot Pie, otoh, he got a proper sendoff and was very minor indeed.

1. Nymeria (direwolf)

2. Bran and co.

3. Rickon and Osha

4. Blackfish

5. Edmure and Roslin

6. Walder Frey

7. The Brotherhood without banners (With Stoneheart cut, I hope they're chilling in the Riverlands)

8. Gendry

9. Salladhor Saan (He got an army for Stannis, but where is he now?)

10. Greatjon

11. Aeron Damphair

12. Balon Greyjoy (What is dead in the books may never die in the show)

13. Asha Greyjoy

14. The Hound. They did not show him dying, and I bet there was a maester hiding behind that rock.

15. Maege Mormont

16. Gallbart Glover

And theres more, I'm sure.

Robb Starks widow, the VALE, etc...

many of these could've been pretty easily explained.

but no. we get no closure.

Oh, that reminds me: Talisa's family. (I now know she wasn't in the books, but still.) While I did not like her... She said she was from a powerful family in Volantis. She was on friendly terms with them, exchanging letters. She gets horribly killed, and no reaction/ investigation/ revenge plot?!

I don't know if this has been mentioned but Gendry's absence is explainable.

"Where should I go?"

"Just keep the coast on your left side"

But Dragonstone is an island. He's been rowing in a circle for the last two years.

Great point!

Maybe D&D he will replace him with Loras in the Dragonstone storyline. Or he will sail North with an arsenal of obsidian weapons.

Archived