SE5EP6: Lost Characters

I don't know if this has been mentioned but Gendry's absence is explainable.

"Where should I go?"

"Just keep the coast on your left side"

But Dragonstone is an island. He's been rowing in a circle for the last two years.

Brilliant!

Any of the direwolves? - feel like I haven't seen any of them in a while.

I agree that they don't need to show what happens to EVERY minor character, but I definitely hope some of them show up again since it makes no sense for some people (like the BF, say) to not be actively resisting or doing something against certain key players.

And if some, like the BWB, don't come back up, it'll just seem strange. So there's this huge group of wandering bandits, with a man who keeps being resurrected and they will do absolutely nothing later on?

Anyway - there's still time for D&D to do something. I'm skeptical, but I'll wait to see.

The night's king/blue maul. Haven't seen him in awhile.

Good point about Talisa's family. If they were gonna change storylines a volantene revenge plot would have been cool. I guess her parents aren't subscribed to the instant message raven service that everyone in westeros has. They haven't gotten the memo yet.

Nymeria (the wolf, not the dornish embarrassment). She attacked some soldiers a few seasons ago and then disappeared.

I'd rather they "forget" about a character than kill them off for no good reason. Example: Rakharo. I would rather they just didn't have him return from riding off in season 2 than kill him off in the show. His death really didn't add anything to the storyline. So what if the actor wasn't coming back. They could have had him return later played by a different actor if necessary, or just have another bloodrider fill his role. That's one weakness of the show - they seem to feel the need to eliminate characters who will not be on screen for the most part - either kill them off, or write them out (Willas & Garlan Tyrell).

The night's king/blue maul. Haven't seen him in awhile.

Good point about Talisa's family. If they were gonna change storylines a volantene revenge plot would have been cool. I guess her parents aren't subscribed to the instant message raven service that everyone in westeros has. They haven't gotten the memo yet.

Nymeria (the wolf, not the dornish embarrassment). She attacked some soldiers a few seasons ago and then disappeared.

Haha the Blue Maul....I love this entire post

Where do all of the lost characters from Game of Thrones go? That is an easy one. They all teleport to Victorian England to appear on Ripper Street. Yes, there in Whitechapel, you can find Bronn, the Blackfish, Benjen Stark, Barriston the Bold, Yoren and even Hodor. Last night, even Tommen appeared actually looking like an actual Baratheon with black hair. I love that show!

Was that the Night's King? Or is that the general consensus at least? Would appreciate a link to that if there is a thread on it.

At the time, an HBO intern listed him in the official synopsis as "the nights king". Internet pandemonium ensued, and HBO hastily changed it to " white walker king" or something generic like that. In the scene, he was surrounded by 12 other figures, which spawned theories about him being the last hero (who set out with 12 companions) or the 13th lord commander of the nights watch. As for consensus, I don't know that there was one, but yes he was the night's king and HBO accidentally let that cat out of the bag.

It won't let me post a link but google HBO nights king, there's screenshots of the original synopsis before HBO pulled it down.

They seemed to removed a lot of the players in the North (which is disappointing because that political stuff was pretty interesting). It also makes what's happening at WF now make significantly less sense.

And if they're already going off-books anyway, then the idea that they cannot find anything for certain characters to do (like Bran) becomes far less convincing.

They will tell GRRMs endgame in seven seasons and then continue with Gendry, the Hound, Osha, Rickon, some Northern lords, the brotherhood without banners and Talisa's family from Volantis all battling each other and mysterious savage wolves in the Riverlands. Also boobs.

Archived