[SHOW and BOOK SPOILERS] The Future of Bronn

Apologies in advance if this has been discussed at length in another topic...

So Bronn survived the fight last night. I still don't see much of a use for him after this season except to be Jaime's right hand and make us laugh and wish we were as cool as him. I have a theory of his arc for the rest of the season:

Bronn becomes Arys Oakhart and Darkstar all in one.

Let me explain:

Bronn was poisoned by that cut on his arm last night. As he slowly dies, no doubt cracking one liners the whole time (killed by a Dornish girl and didn't even get to sleep with her, should have fought the Mountain instead, etc...) he is propositioned by Ellaria. She "seduces" him (like it would take any effort at all) and convinces him to kill Myrcella in exchange for healing his arm. As Oberyn's paramour she probably knows what poison he used and how to heal it. She also offers him some land once she and the Sand Snakes overthrow Doran. Bronn is always very open about his being open to whatever the best deal is and agrees despite becoming very close to the Lannister bros. in his lifetime. He goes to kill Myrcella, wounds her, and well... Hotah has to use that axe on somebody.

Game of Thrones Season 5 Tyene Sand audition

Tyene: He has a good voice.
Obara: He's a singer, if he was a fighter we might've been in trouble.
Bronn: It's against my code to hurt women.
Obara: It's amazing how many men we beat seem to have this code.
Bronn: I wouldn't say you beat me.
Tyene: And how is your arm?
Bronn: Wonderful. Wouldn't feel right to leave Dorne without a new scar.
Obara: You think you're leaving Dorne?
Bronn: No great hurry. Dornish women are the most beautiful in the world.
Tyene: Thank you.
Bronn: I said Dornish women, I didn't say you.
Tyene: I'm not the most beautiful woman you have ever seen?
Bronn: I've seen quite a few women in all the Seven Kingdoms.
Tyene: Tell me one woman more beautiful than I am.
Bronn: Well, now in King's Landing there was an absolute...
Tyene: There was a what? In King's Landing you were saying...
Bronn: Was I?
Tyene: ...there is a woman more beautiful than I am.
Bronn: Was there? My memory's not what it was earlier.
Tyene: And how is your arm now.
Bronn: You seem concerned with it. You must really like me.
Tyene: And how is your head?
Bronn: My head? You don't even want to know what's going on in there.
Tyene: What was that, are you sure you're feeling alright?
Bronn: Sure, a bit woozy but that's to be expected after a good dust-up.
Tyene: Your nose is bleeding.
Bronn: It's not it's the dry air.
Tyene: My dagger was coated with a special ointment from Asshai. It's called the Long Farewell. It can take some time to work some times several days. But if one single drop makes contact with the skin...death.
Tyene: The only antidote. Who is the most beautiful woman in the world? Who? Who, sorry?
Bronn: You.
She takes whatever the antidote it is from or off of her necklace and gives it to him.
Tyene: Don't drop it. I think you're very handsome as well.
She blows him a kiss and laughs.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/88807750.html#ixzz3aWz52TLp

Game of Thrones Season 5 Tyene Sand audition

Tyene: He has a good voice.

Obara: He's a singer, if he was a fighter we might've been in trouble.

Bronn: It's against my code to hurt women.

Obara: It's amazing how many men we beat seem to have this code.

Bronn: I wouldn't say you beat me.

Tyene: And how is your arm?

Bronn: Wonderful. Wouldn't feel right to leave Dorne without a new scar.

Obara: You think you're leaving Dorne?

Bronn: No great hurry. Dornish women are the most beautiful in the world.

Tyene: Thank you.

Bronn: I said Dornish women, I didn't say you.

Tyene: I'm not the most beautiful woman you have ever seen?

Bronn: I've seen quite a few women in all the Seven Kingdoms.

Tyene: Tell me one woman more beautiful than I am.

Bronn: Well, now in King's Landing there was an absolute...

Tyene: There was a what? In King's Landing you were saying...

Bronn: Was I?

Tyene: ...there is a woman more beautiful than I am.

Bronn: Was there? My memory's not what it was earlier.

Tyene: And how is your arm now.

Bronn: You seem concerned with it. You must really like me.

Tyene: And how is your head?

Bronn: My head? You don't even want to know what's going on in there.

Tyene: What was that, are you sure you're feeling alright?

Bronn: Sure, a bit woozy but that's to be expected after a good dust-up.

Tyene: Your nose is bleeding.

Bronn: It's not it's the dry air.

Tyene: My dagger was coated with a special ointment from Asshai. It's called the Long Farewell. It can take some time to work some times several days. But if one single drop makes contact with the skin...death.

Tyene: The only antidote. Who is the most beautiful woman in the world? Who? Who, sorry?

Bronn: You.

She takes whatever the antidote it is from or off of her necklace and gives it to him.

Tyene: Don't drop it. I think you're very handsome as well.

She blows him a kiss and laughs.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/88807750.html#ixzz3aWz52TLp

That would be a great scene.

Bronn was poisoned by that cut on his arm last night. As he slowly dies, no doubt cracking one liners the whole time (killed by a Dornish girl and didn't even get to sleep with her, should have fought the Mountain instead, etc...) he is propositioned by Ellaria. She "seduces" him (like it would take any effort at all) and convinces him to kill Myrcella in exchange for healing his arm. As Oberyn's paramour she probably knows what poison he used and how to heal it. She also offers him some land once she and the Sand Snakes overthrow Doran. Bronn is always very open about his being open to whatever the best deal is and agrees despite becoming very close to the Lannister bros. in his lifetime. He goes to kill Myrcella, wounds her, and well... Hotah has to use that axe on somebody.

I guess it was so poorly written that you did not realize that what aired last night was the falied kidnap scene. There is no room for another. Neither Oakhart or Bronn would kill the princess even though Bronn intoned he would do anything for money. Ellaria is jailed with the sand snakes and can't seduce anyone.

GRRM was done with Bronn. We were only hearing of his exploits 2nd hand in foiling the attempts of his new inlaws to get rid of him. D+D chinzed him out of his well deserved retirement with title, lands, and lady. So they will just probably kill him otherwise it would be unoriginal to rerward him with the same.

Wouldn't it be cool if they flip the script and kill Jaime instead, leaving Bronn as the protagonist of that storyline?

I mean, at this point I don't even care if it's not in the books, and Bronn >>>> show!Jaime

Wouldn't it be cool if they flip the script and kill Jaime instead, leaving Bronn as the protagonist of that storyline?

I mean, at this point I don't even care if it's not in the books, and Bronn >>>> show!Jaime

You mean Larry? You can kill Larry. I'm still white-knuckling over the fate of Jaime being led by Brienne to Stoneheart and the Brotherhood. I give more than two shits about Jaime's life.

Larry on the other hand....

I'd love that.

The last two seasons could just be about Ser Bronn "fookin' and fightin'" his way to the Iron Throne.

You mean Larry? You can kill Larry. I'm still white-knuckling over the fate of Jaime being led by Brienne to Stoneheart and the Brotherhood. I give more than two shits about Jaime's life.

Larry on the other hand....

They won't let that happen to Big Lar!

Oooh, yes, Bronn kills Jaime and steals the golden hand (which must be worth a lot - wonder how Carol could afford that with the Lannisters being bankrupt and all! And also for it to be solid gold must make it INCREDIBLY heavy - Jaime must really be getting a workout with picking his arm up :D) which he sells for passage to Essos where he woos and wins Dany. (Hey, Jaime promised him a better bride and a bigger castle, right?) She likes sellswords!

Oooh, yes, Bronn kills Jaime and steals the golden hand (which must be worth a lot - wonder how Carol could afford that with the Lannisters being bankrupt and all! And also for it to be solid gold must make it INCREDIBLY heavy - Jaime must really be getting a workout with picking his arm up :D) which he sells for passage to Essos where he woos and wins Dany. (Hey, Jaime promised him a better bride and a bigger castle, right?) She likes sellswords!

Totally. Pretty Boy Daario doesn't stand a chance. Deadpan loves a killer.

bronn has been, along with the hound one of my favorite characters, and i am sorry to see him go but i figure he is done...but perhaps he shall get a reprieve...or at least some crazy dornish wench before he dies...

I'd love that.

The last two seasons could just be about Ser Bronn "fookin' and fightin'" his way to the Iron Throne.

i guess since he is paying for it vs. taking it...makes him ok... :shocked:

Bronn has no future. We should have known the instant we liked him, his days were numbered.

exactly....

:smoking:

Archived