"Episode ten will break the internet" - [BOOK SPOILERS]

JonSnowed

I said the following before;

When Tyrion sees Drogon, Drogon is heading North.

Now tell me, if Drogon is going to save Dany in the Pit, what is the meaning of that scene, considering that - as we know from the trailer - Tyrion is not going to be in the Pit?

tyrion is in the pits and he is edited out in the trailer ...there was a leaked photo with him and dany in the pit ...

even so why is tyrion being in the pit is important to dany being saved by drogon ...he comes for dany not tyrion

Internet breaking has to be huge for Game of Thrones. Deaths of most primary characters would no longer be enough to be at the internet breaking level. I suspect only Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Arya and (possibly) Sansa dying would be enough for that. (Bran would also be on the list if most show watchers hadn't forgotten about him by now).

To put this in perspective: Drogo, Tywin and Oberyn's deaths did not break the internet. If you think someone like Stannis or Kevan dying will break the internet, you are kidding yourselves.

From a non-death point of view, still a lot of things would not make the list. Walk of Shame? I'm sure it will get a lot of internet attention, but not enough to "break" it. Only two things come to mind: the reveal of R+L=J and Lady Stoneheart. Both those will be, or at least feel like, massive game changers that come out of nowhere.

So in conclusion, my guesses would be the following:

1) Ides of Marsh - Seems likely it will happen at the end of this season.

2) Reveal of R+L=J - Wouldn't have considered it a possibility until all the foreshadowing this season, but still a lot less likely than Ides of Marsh.

3) Lady Stoneheart - A real stretch given how far story lines have diverged, but this came from Daniel Portman who plays Pod, who is obviously mainly tied to that story in the books.

So in conclusion, my guesses would be the following:

1) Ides of Marsh - Seems likely it will happen at the end of this season.

2) Reveal of R+L=J - Wouldn't have considered it a possibility until all the foreshadowing this season, but still a lot less likely than Ides of Marsh.

3) Lady Stoneheart - A real stretch given how far story lines have diverged, but this came from Daniel Portman who plays Pod, who is obviously mainly tied to that story in the books.

Its difficult to believe one event would "break the internet" and will be "more shocking then RW"

What about this combination of events:

1) Reveal of R+L=J

2) Ides of Marsh

3) Death of Stannis

4) Burning Shireen to revive Stannis

5) Revival of Jon

If the offscreen rape of a supporting character can send the Internet into such a tizzy, a main character being graphically stripped and paraded through a city in the nude will cause an actual explosion. The Walk of Shame is very powerful.

That, paired with Daznak's Pit, Jon's stabbing, the possible deaths of Pycelle and Kevan, and the possible appearance of Lady Stoneheart will make for a hell of a season finale

Its difficult to believe one event would "break the internet" and will be "more shocking then RW"

1) Reveal of R+L=J

2) Ides of Marsh

3) Death of Stannis

5) Revival of Jon

I suspect with all that Jon stuff, people will forget about Stannis/Shireen. And as for the Jon revival, unless it is readily apparent that he will be different after revival (if he comes back as a whitewalker, for example), having his death and revival in one episode will be less of an impact than just his death alone.

If the offscreen rape of a supporting character can send the Internet into such a tizzy

I think you are mistaking minor controversy (mainly focused in the core fan base) for internet breaking. I haven't seen anyone talk about that scene outside of these forums (and other similar websites). Walk of shame will certainly get more attention than that, but compared to the Red Wedding or Eddard's execution? Not even close.

1) Reveal of R+L=J

2) Ides of Marsh

3) Death of Stannis

5) Revival of Jon

That would damn sure break the internet! This is where I would put my money if I had to. But actors are notorious for over selling finales just to get ratings up. I mean how many times can "this be the best season yet"?

The problem I have is that the final scene was taking straight from the books according to D&D. If that is the case, then what scene that is > the red wedding, could fit before a known scene in ADWD?

tyrion is in the pits and he is edited out in the trailer ...there was a leaked photo with him and dany in the pit ...

even so why is tyrion being in the pit is important to dany being saved by drogon ...he comes for dany not tyrion

You are talking about this fake image? http://winteriscoming.net/2015/01/25/new-photo-

daznaks-pit/

How do I know it is fake?

Two reasons;

1. The Harpy and Tyrion are of the same size, even though they are at the same distance from camera.

2.The Harpy is standing inside the protective belt as if part of Dany's troops.

The reason why I asked you the question about the meaning of the scene of the meeting between Tyrion and Drogon, is precisely because Tyrion is not in the Pit.

What did the creators of the show wanted to tell us, with the scene of Tyrion seeing Drogon, heading North?

People, more shocking then the Red Wedding means a major character is going to die;

PERMANENTLY!!!

Options: Tyrion, Jon, Dany;

However it can not be Tyrion, because Dinklage said that Tyrion is going to survive.

It can not be Jon, because that would mean that the interest of Mel for Jon was a waste of time(some of you would say, he is going to get stabbed and then resurrected, but that is not more shocking than the Red Wedding, precisely because he is not permanently dead).

Which leaves only one options, which is so SHOCKING that nobody wants to believe in it(as evidenced by the responses on this forum).

I suspect with all that Jon stuff, people will forget about Stannis/Shireen. And as for the Jon revival, unless it is readily apparent that he will be different after revival (if he comes back as a whitewalker, for example), having his death and revival in one episode will be less of an impact than just his death alone.

That is the thing. Stannis/Shireen deaths would be directly linked to Jon revival. The shock would come mostly from the fact, that the most innocent and adorable person in Westeros was sacrificed for Jon to live. That is emotionally stronger moment then (fake) death or revival itself.

That is the thing. Stannis/Shireen deaths would be directly linked to Jon revival. The shock would come mostly fom the fact, that the most innocent and adorable person in Westeros was sacrificed for Jon to live. That is emotionally stronger moment then (fake) death or revival itself.

Shireen is not going to be sacrificed for Jon, because that would mean Mel commanding Stannis soldiers to burn alive daughter of the King, for bastard Jon Snow.

Shireen is not going to be sacrificed for Jon, because that would mean Mel commanding Stannis soldiers to burn alive daughter of the King, for bastard Jon Snow.

Mel would ofcourse say that she is sacrificing her for Stannis.

Mel would ofcourse say that she is sacrificing her for Stannis.

And then when Stannis doesn't resurrect, they would( I assume), burn Mel alive.

I don't see it happening, because not only it presupposes Stannis and Davos dying, but it presupposes that Mel is ready to sacrifice herself for Jon as well.

You are talking about this fake image? http://winteriscoming.net/2015/01/25/new-photo-

daznaks-pit/

How do I know it is fake?

Two reasons;

1. The Harpy and Tyrion are of the same size, even though they are at the same distance from camera.

2.The Harpy is standing inside the protective belt as if part of Dany's troops.

The reason why I asked you the question about the meaning of the scene of the meeting between Tyrion and Drogon, is precisely because Tyrion is not in the Pit.

What did the creators of the show wanted to tell us, with the scene of Tyrion seeing Drogon, heading North?

This is wrong.

That would damn sure break the internet! This is where I would put my money if I had to. But actors are notorious for over selling finales just to get ratings up. I mean how many times can "this be the best season yet"?

The problem I have is that the final scene was taking straight from the books according to D&D. If that is the case, then what scene that is > the red wedding, could fit before a known scene in ADWD?

All that was outlined could happen and yet the final scene could be, say, Dany on Drogon, which is totally still from the book. Whereas the Revival/Death of Jon while Mel is attempting to rez Stannis by burning a princess could be > red wedding

Archived