Will Theon's advice backfire? (Theon chapter)

Here is a curiousity for you. Abel already knows Arya is fake, he didn't need Theon to tell him.

What the curiousity is, is why Abel and the spearwifes carried on with their mission, it would have been much simpler just to disappear into the snow as soon as they saw fArya.

Remember Mance knows and recognized the Starks and what they look like from his last foray over the wall less than two years previous. He would recognize an 8 year old couldn't blossom to a 14 year old in that space of time.

As far as Theon keeping his info close to the vest with Stannis, fArya is the only card he has play with him. No the problem there is he has already spilled his guts to Asha and at this point we don't know where Asha's loyalties lie do we?

Mance's helping rescue Arya because Mesisandre's spell over him means he must obey her, and the last thing she said was to rescue Arya. Jeyne is the closest thing to doing that, so far be it from him to return to Castle Black empty-handed. Whether he knows Jeyne's identity or not, it makes no difference.

As far as I understand. House Poole is a noble house, and Jeyne is the heir to this house. She is still valuable as Jeyne Poole and Id image some one would want to marry into that house be it one of Stannis knight / lords or a wildling. I also assume House Poole has there own lands seeing they are considered a Noble House

I do not think the North still simply kill her because she was forced into prostitution then forces to assume the role of Arya Stark.

As far as I understand. House Poole is a noble house, and Jeyne is the heir to this house. She is still valuable as Jeyne Poole and Id image some one would want to marry into that house be it one of Stannis knight / lords or a wildling. I also assume House Poole has there own lands seeing they are considered a Noble House

I do not think the North still simply kill her because she was forced into prostitution then forces to assume the role of Arya Stark.

I agree, people here seem to have odd feelings about Northeners.

She was captured by Lannister soldiers the day Ned Stark was arrested and her father, steward of Winterfell, was killed by Lannister soldiers as well. She has been held captive in a brothel and then married to beloved Ramsay, who kindly raped and tortured her until the most unlikely man in Westeros saved the day.

The first Baratheon soldier who glances too hard will have his throat slit by Hugo Wull himself.

Mance's helping rescue Arya because Mesisandre's spell over him means he must obey her, and the last thing she said was to rescue Arya. Jeyne is the closest thing to doing that, so far be it from him to return to Castle Black empty-handed. Whether he knows Jeyne's identity or not, it makes no difference.

I don't think Mance was under a spell when he went to rescue "Arya". I think he did it because he wanted to help and because he had no choice.

• 1 month later...

I can see how this makes sense logically but it's definitely not fact yet.  We have no clue how much Abel saw of Arya at Winterfell in the beginning even tho he noticed Jon you can chalk that up to wanting to see the great Eddards one "flaw" or something along those lines.  I dont think him and the spearwives would risk their own lifes for regular old Jeynne

They would. Because this means the Bolton's have less power then they originally believed. Arya, the girl who makes their claim legitimate is fake, so if they steel her, the Bolton's are totally doomed. It would have been Arya, even stealing her wouldn't make the marriage invalid. But now the Bolton's have nothing. Jayne needed to be removed from Winterfell. Jayne was the Jackpot to Stannis and Mance. They couldn't have more luck.  

Edit: spelling.

• 2 weeks later...

May backfire, but the outcome may also be even better for her. She may not be Arya, but she is the woman officially married to Ramsay "Bolton" the Lord of Hornwood. So if Ramsay dies she will be the Lady of Hornwood and may even have a number of suitors with the expect of lordship and land, even Justin Massey may be among them. At least that's what I'd hope for the poor girl. 

Makes perfect sense to rescue the fake Arya. Having a fake Arya unrevealed means she has information value. The Boltons probably suspect that some of the Northern lords think she is a fake. But they don't know which ones. Once she reveals herself to be a fake, there's no point in holding the charade. The Boltons can beat down whatever house she announces to. Or if they are smart and send ravens absolutely everywhere but Winterfell and the Dreadfort, the Boltons are in open warfare. Better to play a real Arya in hiding, and my guess is that Mance and Manderly concur. Don't announce you have a straight flush. Let some folks get their chips in.  

Mance had several interests in saving Jeyne, even when he knew she was fake.

1. Ramsay's claim on WF depends on the bride. Whether she's fake or real as long as she is a captive of Ramsay at WF is irrelevant. Only when she's out of harms way, can she become of use to expose Ramsay's claim on WF as a fraud.

2. With fArya gone, any Northener still INSIDE WF without having their own taken hostage in the Crownlands or Twins can turn on Bolton if they wish to, at the right time. Those that did believe Jeyne to be Arya and did not want to risk harm to Ned's only child left are released from her ending up dead.

3. Mance believes Jon has his son, and he can't just return to CB saying, "Well, I went to WF and it wasn't Arya. It's an imposter, pretending to be her." Yeah, right, as if Jon would believe Mance on his word? Not. Returning empty-handed is a sure death sentence on himself or his kid.

4. Mance mentioned he had something planned too. We just don't know what.

Mance had several interests in saving Jeyne, even when he knew she was fake.

1. Ramsay's claim on WF depends on the bride. Whether she's fake or real as long as she is a captive of Ramsay at WF is irrelevant. Only when she's out of harms way, can she become of use to expose Ramsay's claim on WF as a fraud.

2. With fArya gone, any Northener still INSIDE WF without having their own taken hostage in the Crownlands or Twins can turn on Bolton if they wish to, at the right time. Those that did believe Jeyne to be Arya and did not want to risk harm to Ned's only child left are released from her ending up dead.

3. Mance believes Jon has his son, and he can't just return to CB saying, "Well, I went to WF and it wasn't Arya. It's an imposter, pretending to be her." Yeah, right, as if Jon would believe Mance on his word? Not. Returning empty-handed is a sure death sentence on himself or his kid.

4. Mance mentioned he had something planned too. We just don't know what.

This

Archived