GRRM will read a Winds chapter at Conquest KC next weekend

clair de lune

I am curious, does GRRM always reads NEW chapters at conventions, never repeats old ones or reads out the ones that were released as samples on his website/ASOIAF app?

So a chapter at Conquest would be a brand new one never released verbally/written before, right?

I prefer Dany, but I think it will be Aeron because he tried to read that before, but the audience voted for Arianne instead.

I hope it's this. Heard he said the chapter had "seriously twisted stuff".

If not that Sansa seems cool. Her chapter was interesting.

He has had several readings since that one audience chose Arianne over Aeron. He hasn't read it, so we can't assume he will this timer. I think the audience made a bad choice based upon how eager he was to read the Damphair one.

The Conquest schedule shows his reading for Noon on Saturday. I'm assuming we have some folks attending?

I would actually prefer a Samwell chapter I think. It might be spoilery, but we haven't seen Sam in so long. Other than that I would prefer to have Aeron or Arianne or Victarion, simply because I don't want to be super spoiled, and chapters from the POV of Melisandre, Cersei, Jaime, Brienne might do that.

I bet it's ALayne though, the one he released.

These samples tend to be kind of boring, so I don't expect a Dany chapter since she ended aDwD on a cliffhanger.

It's going to be Aeron or Arianne II. That's all that remains of the removed aDwD chapters.

It could be a Victarion chapter. We've seen Barristan and Tyrion's view of the battle, and Vic's POV won't spoiler anything

He has already done a reading of a Victarion chapter before the battle. From what was in that chapter, his second WOUlD be spoilerific.

as he plans to blow the Dragonhorn

Could be Theon II or Asha I, to give us some more Battle of Ice info (we already have enough about the fiery one).

Also, it could be Bran I. With the show having basically confirmed R+L=J, we could have Bran discovering the truth.

Dani I is unlikely, because it's a major cliffhanger (akin to Jon)

Victarion II would give too much of the battle away, Mel would ruin the Jon cliffhanger, the prologue no way, Jaimie and Brienne no way...

A Cersei chapter, right after the epilogue would be entertaining. Connington at the taking of Storm's End (we know that happened, so he could follow up on that), we could get Areo en route to High Hermitage... There are possibiliites, but I'm betting on either Asha or Theon.

I am curious, does GRRM always reads NEW chapters at conventions, never repeats old ones or reads out the ones that were released as samples on his website/ASOIAF app?

So a chapter at Conquest would be a brand new one never released verbally/written before, right?

No, he has read repeated chapters in the past. We can't be sure that he'll read a new chapter.

But we can hope.

Want Arianne III or Jon Connington chapter, really interested whats going on with Aegon Company in Storm Lands and Storm End.

He's read Arianne II before, if you are interested.

No, he has read repeated chapters in the past. We can't be sure that he'll read a new chapter.

But we can hope.

I'm not expecting a new chapter tbh. Especially not...what, 2 months? After the last chapter

i dont think dany first chapter will be that spoiler ....it will be similar to mercy and alayne chapter released ..

but as if it is not dany then i hope its a new one

By daenerys chapters being spoilers i meant it was left on a very big cliffhanger. So the spoiler would be how it's resolved. Will she own them or will drogon fly to his lair, leaving her in mortal danger (although i don't think that will happen, that's just hopeful thinking for people who don't like daenerys).

But i would love it if he would release a chapter full of spoilers and reveals.

I think it depends on if the show is planning to reveal the outcome of this situation in season 5.

If they are i think this will be the chapter, since all of us (and maybe him) would prefer it coming from GRRM

Archived