GRRM will read a Winds chapter at Conquest KC next weekend

clair de lune

Ok guys, I just got back from ConQuest in Kansas City and am reporting back for /got/

GRRM read the Alayne chapter (motherfucker) BUT before he did he made a short speech about how "I'm sure you have all seen last weeks episode" and "Robert Frost wrote a poem about two roads diverging, and that's what the book and the show are" but he was CLEARLY pissed

that Sansa was raped.

You could tell by the tone of voice and him choosing to read Alayne.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/ConQuest/filter/text/start/23.05.2015/

Can someone confirm this?

Well he called a multi millionaire a homeless man so he isn't a reliable source.

I wasn't there but I could imagine he would be annoyed. Never actually knew Sansa was raped (going to go look up the scene now, interesting how writers deal with things) and I'm guessing he is pissed of. There's only so much a man, who hates fan fiction, can take when his story is being altered to the point of stupidity.

Well he called a multi millionaire a homeless man so he isn't a reliable source.

I wasn't there but I could imagine he would be annoyed. Never actually knew Sansa was raped (going to go look up the scene now, interesting how writers deal with things) and I'm guessing he is pissed of. There's only so much a man, who hates fan fiction, can take when his story is being altered to the point of stupidity.

To be fair, he didn't call GRRN a homeless man, he said GRRM looked like one, or rather that he was dressed like one. I attended GRRM event at 92nd Street Y in NY last year and I have to say our favorite author was dressed very casually, for comfort, not style. I am not saying there is anything wrong with being casual. And saying that GRRM looked like a homeless guy is plain rude. But to be fair, he is not the most elegant person out there...

To be fair, he didn't call GRRN a homeless man, he said GRRM looked like one, or rather that he was dressed like one. I attended GRRM event at 92nd Street Y in NY last year and I have to say our favorite author was dressed very casually, for comfort, not style. I am not saying there is anything wrong with being casual. And saying that GRRM looked like a homeless guy is plain rude. But to be fair, he is not the most elegant person out there...

Well he did actually state "GRRM is a fucking homeless person" and then it went on to explain his reasoning with the clothes.

The first sentence on my post was just a joke. But the poster who posted that does need to calm it a little, a lot of swear words.

Edit - looked up the scene and yes, I can completely understand why he would be (and should be) annoyed.

Good job D&D. You really messed up this time.

so is it confirmed that it was the Alayne chapter?

Would make sense. Rub it in double D's faces that Sansa is actually relatively safe and unharmed in the original version.

Or else he was just annoyed that the question's been asked of him 30,000 times already.

That poster also claims GRRM looks like a homeless man and that he blew R+L=J out of the water in this appearance...I'd take his impressions with a grain of salt :drunk:

If accurate, that would seem to be fairly major:

"Were Howland, Ned and Jon the only people to leave the tower of joy alive" he said "Ned and Howland were the only two to leave the tower of Joy alive"

That would at least seem to problematise R+L=J quite heavily.

If accurate, that would seem to be fairly major:

That would at least seem to problematise R+L=J quite heavily.

Someone else has claimed he said they were the only MEN to leave the ToJ alive

ETA: I will try and find where I read that

Unless, of course, the baby had already been taken away to a trusted wet nurse (Wylla?)

I've stated for a long time that the kid wasn't at ToJ.

However, in the text we have "...They found me..." + The fact that the attendee basically asked GRRM to confirm R+L : of course GRRM had to be careful with his words, so he repeated what we already know - Ned and Howland are the only ones leaving ToJ, the showdown alive. Nothing major here.

I was more excited at HarperVoyagerUK's giddy tweets than at this snippet of information. :)

Archived