One Question: How can Sansa marry?

This whole idea that D+D waited till the actress was old enough is total bull. We didn't see the Sophie Turner go through anything that she hadn't gone through before. Back in season 2 she went through the same thing with Meryn Trant and no one complained back them. Meryn Trant ripped off her dress and all we saw was a bit of her back. Ramsay ripped off her dress and all we saw is a bit of her back. It's the same thing. She was raped off screen. They could've done the exact same thing at any age.

Really?, she was involved with a rape scene only last Sunday, not before. That IS something she never went through before. While offscreen, she was present when the act was committed and was seen right up to the point it technically started (forced entry) and the cries and scream. Think about what you are saying.

Really?, she was involved with a rape scene only last Sunday, not before. That IS something she never went through before. While offscreen, she was present when the act was committed and was seen right up to the point it technically started (forced entry) and the cries and scream. Think about what you are saying.

We never actually saw her raped though. We know she was raped, but we didn't actually see it. We don't see anything. There was nothing there that they couldn't have done with an underage actress. Hell, have you seen the movie Bastard out of Carolina? That movie had a 12 year old Jena Malone getting raped and you see it. Do you really think they had actual sex outside of the camera's view?

Here's the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq2S3eLQCZc

Here's the Meryn Trant scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRVNNMlPhGg

She was already involved in a rape scene. She was being raped before Sandor saved her and we see far more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e163LTIgWAg

We never actually saw her raped though. We know she was raped, but we didn't actually see it. We don't see anything. There was nothing there that they couldn't have done with an underage actress. Hell, have you seen the movie Bastard out of Carolina? That movie had a 12 year old Jena Malone getting raped and you see it. Do you really think they had actual sex outside of the camera's view?

Here's the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq2S3eLQCZc

Here's the Meryn Trant scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRVNNMlPhGg

She was already involved in a rape scene. She was being raped before Sandor saved her and we see far more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e163LTIgWAg

look, go back to the showritters own statements about this season. Sansa was taking Jeyne Poole's place and the fact that she had turned 18 at the time was no coincidence. Everyone here on these forums apparently understands that, except maybe one.

I haven't seen the whole scene complete and I'm the same...

The other night I found myself sat on my bed actually thinking about it, unable to sleep... that's not the kind of shock I want from a book/show.

Being completely honest. every night since, I have woken up and it is on my mind. I know it is a scifi series but I find it shocking that I care so much that it is disurbing me like this. I felt and still feel helpless that I could not and cannot do anything to help her character when Theon would'nt/could'nt? It makes me sick to my stomach. I guess something is wrong with me?

Being completely honest. every night since, I have woken up and it is on my mind. I know it is a scifi series but I find it shocking that I care so much that it is disurbing me like this. I felt and still feel helpless that I could not and cannot do anything to help her character when Theon would'nt/could'nt? It makes me sick to my stomach. I guess something is wrong with me?

I'm not so well about it either. I've been thinking about it alot, mostly because of all the discussions around the episode. We're so invest with it that i don't think it's weird for us to care that much (well ok, maybe a little, i don't know :dunno: ).

But I mean, i've promoted this show to my friends and family so badly during the first seasons ..... i kinda feel betray, because now the values the show display goes against pretty much everything i'm fighting for :dunce:

Actually I would feel the same about my favorite characters. It is easy for me to stay analytical since Sansa has only recently grown to me via Turner's performance.

But I still cringe when I remember Cat getting murdered, I dread Shireen's maybe cruel end and I suffer with Tyrion just like you do with Sansa.

It is so good that you are open about your emotions. Some people deny their feelings by bashing the show and this is something I dislike. I guess I would bash the show just as much if Tyrion would end prematurely without having had the great story his character deserves or when Shireen gets burned while she lives in the books.

I'm not so well about it either. I've been thinking about it alot, mostly because of all the discussions around the episode. We're so invest with it that i don't think it's weird for us to care that much (well ok, maybe a little, i don't know :dunno: ).

But I mean, i've promoted this show to my friends and family so badly during the first seasons ..... i kinda feel betray, because now the values the show display goes against pretty much everything i'm fighting for :dunce:

thankyou

Actually I would feel the same about my favorite characters. It is easy for me to stay analytical since Sansa has only recently grown to me via Turner's performance.

But I still cringe when I remember Cat getting murdered, I dread Shireen's maybe cruel end and I suffer with Tyrion just like you do with Sansa.

It is so good that you are open about your emotions. Some people deny their feelings by bashing the show and this is something I dislike. I guess I would bash the show just as much if Tyrion would end prematurely without having had the great story his character deserves or when Shireen gets burned while she lives in the books.

thankyou

I see huge problems with Jon being a bastard because of the way he is introduced. I don't see any problem at all with the Sansa in the north story.

Roose and Ramsay don't care if the marriage is legitimate. All they want is a Stark/Bolton heir and possibly a spare. After that Ramsay can flay Sansa. The children don't even need to be legitimate because Roose or Ramsay can legitimize them just like Roose did Ramsay.

I wonder that too. I assumed LF would try to arrange that when he got to KL but the wedding happened before that and LF hasn't said a word to anyone about trying to annul it. I think it's a huge plot hole because one can't just say, "No, I'm not married anymore."

Well he might have told the Boltons he was going to and then 'forgot'.

It really isn't a plot hole, it may well be a future plot peg though.

Also keep in mind, they are of the North, and follow the Old Gods. So, what would a Septon's opinion one way or another mean to them? The Boltons didn't have a Septon officiate at Ramsey's wedding.

It is different with Margaery, she was widowed, so although it was nice she was a virgin (mayhaps) on her wedding night(s), she was still free to re-marry in the eyes of the Faith.

Sansa was married under the seven so a septon has to do the annulment. Since the high septon did the service, it probably has to be annulled at that level as well.

I just thought of something. Ramsay will have to prove that Sansa was a virgin. I bet that scene in the next episode might be her looking up at her hung bloody dress or bedsheet or something to symbolize that she was a virgin until he took her on the wedding night. Just a hunch based on this OP's topic.

I don't think he needs to prove she is a virgin but he might well be proving that she isn't any longer. There is a scene in the preview where Sansa is looking up in disgust. Lots of folk think it is Old Nan or Myranda flayed. But a bloody bedsheet would fit.

look, go back to the showritters own statements about this season. Sansa was taking Jeyne Poole's place and the fact that she had turned 18 at the time was no coincidence. Everyone here on these forums apparently understands that, except maybe one.

They said they had been planning on this happening to the character. Like GRRM planning on the Red Wedding. It had very little to do with her age. As I pointed out, the actress didn't have to do anything she hadn't done before.

They said they had been planning on this happening to the character. Like GRRM planning on the Red Wedding. It had very little to do with her age. As I pointed out, the actress didn't have to do anything she hadn't done before.

I think to be able to legally do the scene to the extent to which she did, there may be age limit they had to meet. Also, I wonder if they did footage that showed them in some "position" but edited it out for viewership consideration? Technically speaking ofcourse.

The "it's not real so why get upset" argument is just ludicrous. If we agree with that, we effectively agree not to criticize any work of fiction for any reason purely because the parties involved are a figment of someone's imagination. You could use the same argument to shut down the whole forum - it's all fictional, so why bother posting about it?

But back to Sansa's marriage - in a plot line which has required considerably skulduggery on behalf of the writers, Sansa technically being married to Tyrion is one of the lesser plot holes. It makes sense that her first marriage would mean less in the North and Roose has ample reason to ignore it and deal with it if it becomes a problem later. It's still something which requires a little suspension of disbelief, but it pales in comparison to Sansa voluntarily placing herself into the Bolton's hands for no other reason than because LF gave a very brief speech about getting revenge.

Archived