The Girl is Ready to Become Someone Else (Potential Book Spoilers)

As we all know, Arya has been training with the Faceless Men of Braavos. It would seem that Arya will soon change her face, but what does that mean for the actress, Maisie Williams? Will she keep up her role as Arya with some CGI special effects to change her face? Will they have her wear prosthetics? Or are we going to get a new actress to portray her?

As we all know, Arya has been training with the Faceless Men of Braavos. It would seem that Arya will soon change her face, but what does that mean for the actress, Maisie Williams? Will she keep up her role as Arya with some CGI special effects to change her face? Will they have her wear prosthetics? Or are we going to get a new actress to portray her?

We have same avatar yay!

As for your thread the show has depicted that FM only change their face when they have to escape or are in action and their true face will get them recognized. I mean jaqen changed his face while escaping in previous season but returned to his original face when arya visited him. So i believe massie will continue as arya and they will just change her face when she is in action.

Hopefully they will have a different face done somehow, but my first thought was that she won't get a new face yet but will take on a role as someone else. I guess as example, having her be Cat of the canals but still looking like Arya.

Hopefully they will have a different face done somehow, but my first thought was that she won't get a new face yet but will take on a role as someone else. I guess as example, having her be Cat of the canals but still looking like Arya.

That is the most likely thing to happen. We know she was dressed as a braavosi girl who could well be Cat of the Canals, from that EW article.

Of course she will be Cat. The dialog in the book with the kindly old man is mostly the same. She learn to lie then the lessen is to be someone else. new face is advanced class

Right after that she is Cat having dialog with Sam who she recognizes as man of the nights watch. Sam is dumb to fact he is wearing black and carrying a sword so he will challenged.

Sam is far behind the plot for some reason but someone whose name is on her list is coming to Bravosi

Probably they'll resume Arya's adventures through Braavos as a single mission/experience interpreted by a new actor/actress, or they'll make her going in and out of her disguise during the mission as to show us how it's the same person. I bet it will be rushed.

In example:

Ser Meryn Trant walks through Braavos streets and a whore calls him to a house, he enters and she seduces him, and when he let his guard down she stab him in the back. As he dies, her face changes to Arya's.

By someone they could mean Arya Stark. My guess is they see the potential in her to be a great FM, but she cant fully commit until she takes care of her personal list. They'll let/help her do that, then she can become a FM fulltime at the end of the series.

Excuse me but could you please tell me more about this? I know nothing of this drama you are talking about.

Well, they say nice things about other actors and actresses on their own, and only compliment her when prompted to so as to not cause a stir. Also, Maisie hardly shows up at events and, when she does, it's obvious that it's half-assed. She's also made scathing comments about the character she plays.

Well, they say nice things about other actors and actresses on their own, and only compliment her when prompted to so as to not cause a stir. Also, Maisie hardly shows up at events and, when she does, it's obvious that it's half-assed. She's also made scathing comments about the character she plays.

I've never seen anything like that so you just make things up. :drunk: Maisie is the star of the show and a great actress.

Information from promos and filming-of material in the spoiler tags:

Aren't there clips or pictures out there of Maisie Williams walking around in the same square as Meryn Trant? So at that point at least part of the shot will be Maisie Williams, although I still wonder if they're going to have another actress playing "Someone else" for some shots such as Trant's POV.

I have heard nothing, nothing at all, about any issues between D&D and Maisie Williams, or about any negative feelings on Maise Williams's part regarding the show. I'll continue to believe that's the case until someone provides at least a few links to back it up.

That's a pretty far jump to concluding there's some kind of drama between D&D and Maisie. Please don't spread rumors.

They are only going to give her a new identity, but with old face. So we'll get to see Maisie as Cat of the Canals. Photos from the set shows her pushing a wheelbarrow.

I interpret 'the girl is not ready to become no one' as she is not yet ready to don a new face, and 'she is ready to be someone else' as she is ready to act as another person since she has improved her lying skills (sweet-talking the sick girl into death).

They are only going to give her a new identity, but with old face. So we'll get to see Maisie as Cat of the Canals. Photos from the set shows her pushing a wheelbarrow.

I interpret 'the girl is not ready to become no one' as she is not yet ready to don a new face, and 'she is ready to be someone else' as she is ready to act as another person since she has improved her lying skills (sweet-talking the sick girl into death).

Yeah. That's pretty much how I see it.

It is known.

I do wonder though about that one shot in the first (I think) trailer that was shot from vantage point of a man that looks to be on his back and a young woman turning to him, wearing a skimpy outfit. I had at first thought this was one of the Sand Snakes but it doesn't look like them. And then another poster way back when it was released pointed out that the hairstyle was Braavosi. So then I thought...

is Mercy scene happening with Meryn Trant instead? It would explain why he, of all people, remained on her much-shortened list. Also we know from leaked set photos that she sees him while wearing what appears to be her Cat disguise. That admittedly kinda messes up the theory though because then she would somehow have to change her face very soon.

I don't think Meryn Trant will necessarily recognise older Arya in 'Cat' or other costume as the young girl in King's Landing, no more than Polliver recognised her in the inn. Though I like this:

Ser Meryn Trant walks through Braavos streets and a whore calls him to a house, he enters and she seduces him, and when he let his guard down she stab him in the back. As he dies, her face changes to Arya's.

I've never seen anything like that so you just make things up. :drunk: Maisie is the star of the show and a great actress.

Check out the previous poster's other posts... Some people are on a personal mission.

Archived