[Book Spoilers] Tyrion Theory / New Idea.

Today I was thinking over what we know is still to happen this season, in particular Tyrion meeting up with Dany.

So why would she trust him?

Well maybe on the word of Illyrio or Varys perhaps, or just because he killed Tywin, or wants to help bring down Cersei, or because he is a good politician....

BUT, what if the theory is true that TYRION IS THE SON OF THE MAD KING, and therefore Dany's brother.

I think the theory is a pretty credible one (see video link for the evidence), and this would be a good reason why Tyrion is accepted by Dany into her counsel.

Since in the books he has not met up with her yet, but it looks like on the show he will do this season, this could be the big reveal and reason why.

What do you all think, could it happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqVhKOxmJCw

Tyrion is the Mad King's Son (video)

But even if MK+J=T is true, neither Tyrion nor Dany know the truth, so how could they suddenly come the this realization just by meeting?

My guess is that Tyrion will talk his way into Dany's court using his knowledge of Westerosi politics and the military situation.

But even if MK+J=T is true, neither Tyrion nor Dany know the truth, so how could they suddenly come the this realization just by meeting?

My guess is that Tyrion will talk his way into Dany's court using his knowledge of Westerosi politics and the military situation.

Sorry I forgot to mention how they would find out, my idea was that Illyrio or Varys could know somehow, and could present the facts to Dany. This could also link up with their Targ Restoration plan, since there is no YGriff.

If A+J=T holds true, I guess Tyrion and one of the dragons would become close and at that point they start wondering why, little by little they put the pieces together.

Now i'm not really sold on the theory.

Yeah I like the dragon idea, that could work. Overall I don't think this all happening is likely, but I do think its certainly a possibility.

Yeah I like the dragon idea, that could work. Overall I don't think this all happening is likely, but I do think its certainly a possibility.

Yes, if there is any substance to the theory that feels like the logical way to bring it out and very quickly.

I'm not a subscriber to the A+J=T theory, but if it were to be true, I think Illyrio would be the most obvious choice to tell Dany. Outside of her few advisors, she doesn't have any real connections to anyone else in all of Essos besides him.

I'm under the impression that Tyrion would be able to persuade Dany if he ever have the chance. After all show!Tyrion is not as a sinful character as his book counterpart. I believe we'll see Dany trying to prove herself worthy to him, actually. And this is bizarre.

Sorry I forgot to mention how they would find out, my idea was that Illyrio or Varys could know somehow, and could present the facts to Dany. This could also link up with their Targ Restoration plan, since there is no YGriff.

But in the show not too long ago Varys said he and Illyrio met because of how terrible Robert as a king was so it would be weird if they knew that Aerys had a son with Joanna

when i think about this theory all i can think is will people start calling him mad as well because his father was Mad king after tyrion did have people tortured and murdered and raped people...some how i get the feeling no one will ever say a single thing ...

i dont believe in that theory

but back to the OP :

i think dany will visit a small fighting pit in episode 8 where she will see Tyrion and Jorah being forced into fight something like that ...

she wont recognize Jorah because the slavers or hizdar had put on a helmet to him so that dany cant see his face ...

so on seeing tyrion she will refuse to let him participate in the pits and claim him as a gift like she did with missandei ...

this will be how he will get into her circle ...he will not come clear about his identity i guess ...and the wheel speech we hear in trailer is dany telling to tyrion

or hizdar may be gifted with tyrion by yezzan (which i dont want to happen )

This theory does not base on any narrative progress or compelling symbolism/foreshadowing.

What about the dynamic between Tyrion and Twyin - "You are no son of mine" etc. He is hated so much by his father, this could be why.

Also Tryion has two different eye colours, and paler hair.

What about the dynamic between Tyrion and Twyin - "You are no son of mine" etc. He is hated so much by his father, this could be why.

Also Tryion has two different eye colours, and paler hair.

We already have a reason why Tywin hated him so much: he killed Joanna (according to Tywin), he defied his wishes and acted like the "jerk" his father and his youngest brother were, he whored and drank and humiliated his House. Shall I continue to state the well-established (but irrational) hatred of Tywin towards Tyrion?

There is no need to incorporate A+J=T into this picture.

And FWIW, he used that same phrase to Jaime as well. Is he a son of Aerys too?

We already have a reason why Tywin hated him so much: he killed Joanna (according to Tywin), he defied his wishes and acted like the "jerk" his father and his youngest brother were, he whored and drank and humiliated his House. Shall I continue to state the well-established (but irrational) hatred of Tywin towards Tyrion?

There is no need to incorporate A+J=T into this picture.

And FWIW, he used that same phrase to Jaime as well. Is he a son of Aerys too?

i think the quote made by genna lannister to jamie should solve this but i dont remember where exactly she says this ...perhaps you may know

When they meet Tyrion will find Dany very attractive. As he is part Lannister he will realise he probably feels this way because they are related.

If Tyrion is a Targaryen, it probably won't make it into the show. There is no established past of Tywin's wife and the background story with Aerys, and such a reveal would diminish the reveal of Jon's parentage.

Archived