[Book Spoilers] Tyrion Theory / New Idea.

When they meet Tyrion will find Dany very attractive. As he is part Lannister he will realise he probably feels this way because they are related.

... because Dany is a very beautiful woman and a powerful dragon queen.

If Tyrion is a Targaryen, it probably won't make it into the show. There is no established past of Tywin's wife and the background story with Aerys, and such a reveal would diminish the reveal of Jon's parentage.

You're probably right, but I like the idea.

Because then we'd get a chance for an in-show character to say something like "Those licentious bastards! Is there anyone alive who ISN'T a secret Targaryen?"

I'd snicker.

I am a A+J=T subscriber (really great thread in the book forums about this same topic, now on v4). I think they still have time to start dropping the hints. They never did anything for R+L=J until just a few episodes ago and now non book readers are starting to clue in too.

As for why I am #TeamAJT, I actually hated the theory and thought it was super lame until I read all of the (book) support for it. Not the hints though, they are there, but the symbolism. If it is true then Tyrion killed Jaime's father and Jaime killed Tyrion's. I also am of the belief that Rhaegar and Lyanna secretly wed (Targs were into bigamy in addition to incest) and so Jon then is not a bastard while Tyrion is, which makes their first conversation at Winterfell all the more delicious. Anyways, check out the book thread for the complete breakdown.

I am a A+J=T subscriber (really great thread in the book forums about this same topic, now on v4). I think they still have time to start dropping the hints. They never did anything for R+L=J until just a few episodes ago and now non book readers are starting to clue in too.

As for why I am #TeamAJT, I actually hated the theory and thought it was super lame until I read all of the (book) support for it. Not the hints though, they are there, but the symbolism. If it is true then Tyrion killed Jaime's father and Jaime killed Tyrion's. I also am of the belief that Rhaegar and Lyanna secretly wed (Targs were into bigamy in addition to incest) and so Jon then is not a bastard while Tyrion is, which makes their first conversation at Winterfell all the more delicious. Anyways, check out the book thread for the complete breakdown.

Wow, I love your points about Tyrion and Jaime killing each others fathers, that would be so crazy especially with how close they are. And the Jon - Tyrion role reversal. Well done for noticing those, really cool.

Wow, I love your points about Tyrion and Jaime killing each others fathers, that would be so crazy especially with how close they are. And the Jon - Tyrion role reversal. Well done for noticing those, really cool.

Oh it was totally not me! It's all from the work the folks who are active on the A+J=T thread in the book section. When I first heard the theory about a year ago I thought - stupid and not much of substance to rely on for support. But when the world book came out, I just felt like it was really heavily hinted at. And I was annoyed because I hated the theory! I was one of the people who thought it ruined the Tyrion-Tywin relationship. But I read all the A+J=T threads and there were several really excellent thematic points that they raised that helped me get past that initial hate. It wasn't just the clues - it was that there was real thought put into why this would resonate on an emotional level. There are so many similarities between Jon, Dany and Tyrion too.

*War flashbacks to A+J=T threads in the general section*

Oops my b. Didn't want to start another uprising! I know people can get very very emotional about this particular theory. I was one of those people honestly but as a lurker then though - never actually posted about it. Though my eventually coming to believe the theory is actually the reason I finally signed up for an account, no lie.

Oops my b. Didn't want to start another uprising! I know people can get very very emotional about this particular theory. I was one of those people honestly but as a lurker then though - never actually posted about it. Though my eventually coming to believe the theory is actually the reason I finally signed up for an account, no lie.

No, it's fine. I'm neutral to the theory myself, just been lurking the general section for a long time and hoping that any vocal fanatics don't catch wind.

Maybe Tyrion's a secret Blackfyre unwittingly masquerading as a secret Targaryen unwittingly masquerading as a Lannister!

This! LOL. But seriously, I'm not a fan of the secret targ theories, aside from R + L = J. It's all premised upon Tyrion having lighter blonde streaks in his hair, being interested in dragons, and Aerys perving on Joanna, years before Tyrion was even born. That's really not the greatest of evidence. Plus, purely from a character development perspective, it would completely cheapen the dynamic between Tyrion and Tywin. The whole irony of Tywin despising Tyrion yet being exactly like him would be lost if he wasn't actually Tyrion's father. That dynamic was vital to both Tywin and Tyrion's characters.

This would not be a new theory. Maybe it's new for you, but it certainly isn't new for the forum. So, do a search next time in order to avoid bloodshed. Personally, I do not believe Tyrion is a Targaryen. However, I do believe there would be surprises re his parentage. I am not sure about the show, because the way it has been going, D&D can invent literally anything. So, Tyrion can end up being the son of Varys. Why not? They invented everything else in season 5.

and didm't the World book squash this? unless the show doesn't take place in the universe of the World Book at all?

It squashed the theory that Jaime and Cersei are Aerys'. It poured gasoline on the A+J=T fire.

With that said, the show doesn't appear to be going in this direction. I suspect if it is indeed a thing in the books, it will be an Easter egg in the books at best, a la the gravedigger being the Hound.

Well, the only one who could have told Tyrion about this was Barristan. He's the one who told Dany that Tywin lusted for Joanna. Has he told her in the show?

The thing with these kind of revelations is that they have cut the characters that know the background story. They kinda tried to make Barristan tell Dany things about Rhaegar because, at some point, we have to meet the guy. Yet he dies before he could tell something more important and the one guy who actually met him and was his friend gets cut. And Jaime, who also provides information about Rhaegar, is barely affected by the Prince as he's in the books. And we're talking about something that is very fleshed up in the books: Rhaegar's importance. AJT is barely an easter egg and definitely less important. And the people who could have know won't be around to tell Tyrion. Varys and Tyrion are already apart and it wont' be likely they will meet anytime soon.

Archived