Critic's reaction to S5E6

Who looks at a 14 yr old girl and thinks-- her. I want to write a special rape scene just for her.

This type of sensationalist conclusion jumping (that I've seen elsewhere) is frankly moronic. I'm highly critical of many of D&D's many writing decisions, but to imagine they created this scene out of some twisted desire to have a young actresses' character raped is ridiculous. While they said the pairing of Ramsey and Sansa occurred to them as early as season 2, whether a rape plot was planned that early or not wasn't confirmed. Also, considering the scene itself, it was hardly directed or edited to be in any way inappropriate or titillating. It was suitably traumatic and upsetting- and doesn't speak to any ill intention (in a perverted sense).

I'm not D&D's biggest advocate. However, the idea that they're tv's Ted Bundy and Michael Ross looking to have young actresses' characters raped cos they're wicked perverts is beyond stupid and completely lacking in reason and logic. Was it a poor writing decision? Perhaps. Evidence of sick perversion? Now people are just looking to discredit them as much as possible cos they're upset about the scene instead of just critiquing D&D's actual decisions (writing wise) and actions. D&D may have fucked up here, but it's sad when people get to this point.

Btw, I realize your comment might just be a jest, but I have seen this argument put forward elsewhere, quite seriously, by a few other posters.

DANG, so much verbiage and no one answered your question? Go to the top of the page and click on your profile (your name up at the top right), then "manage your ignore prefs," then type the name of your favorite trolls, and save. Voila! Though you will see quoted matter, I believe, but I just generally skip over quotes in these long-running wharglebargles.

This function has given me more relief than a thousand lying whores.

Thank you! I kept clicking on profiles and trying to find the ignore function there.

Whew, that should make the forum a more pleasant experience.

Archived