Will Olenna go to war?

In the books it is Mace Tyrell and Randall Tarly who have an army waiting to free Marg ( FREE THE TYRELLS!). Will Olenna get her troops ready and pose a threat to Tommen? Will Marg and Tommen stay married?

I think that she will probably cut off food shipments and further inflame the small folk and if anything happens to Loras- Tommen may also be getting a case of sword through the bowels or a taste of poison necklace soup as soon as Marg has a baby in the belly.

She would have to go to war against the faith, though, not the crown, and that's a dicey prospect. People in King's Landing see the Faith Militant as the zealots they are, but out in the countryside, and all through the Reach, they are still the defenders of the gods. And starving the smallfolk won't win her many friends.

I think her best hope is a political solution. But if Loras is condemned to die, I can see her taking the fight to the FM.

Tyrells amuse me. They always try to play game of thrones at highest level and lose. I think she can raise army but i don't think it will happen this season. I think this season will end at a point where no one in kings landing will be in ruling position ie tyrells and cersie imprisoned and pycelle and Kevin (and probably LF) killed). I believe we will leave kings landing in complete chaos this season with no one left to rule.

Who typically has more power? the queen or the queen regent? He needs to quit signing everything she puts in front of him.....

Regent until king comes of age and can excercise power in his own right. This is where show messed up the idea that show tommen is old enough to bang margaery but can make decisions is just stupid.

Regent until king comes of age and can excercise power in his own right. This is where show messed up the idea that show tommen is old enough to bang margaery but can make decisions is just stupid.

Are you saying you never met an indecisive adult?

Are you saying you never met an indecisive adult?

I'd guess that what is meant is that by aging Tommen up, it really defeats the whole purpose of having Cersei as regent because Tommen has already "come of age". That doesn't mean he won't be indecisive, but he is past the age of needing someone to govern in his stead.

And no, I don't think she will need to go to war. Guessing she gets ahold of LF and has him drop the Lancel/Cersei bomb to the HS. The lack of the siege of Storms' End also doesn't put an already assembled Tyrell army close by.

I'd guess that what is meant is that by aging Tommen up, it really defeats the whole purpose of having Cersei as regent because Tommen has already "come of age". That doesn't mean he won't be indecisive, but he is past the age of needing someone to govern in his stead.

Yes, I think you are probably right about that. That said, I've dealt with quite a few men well into their forties who never moved out of mum's house though. I think poor Tommen just doesn't want the job.

She'll send Randyll Tarly a message to march the armies of the Reach to King's Landing, thus leaving us pretty much exactly where we are in the books.

Randyll Tarly did get a name drop recently too...

:agree:

The aging up of a lot of characters has definitely affected many plots and character arcs from the books. The handling of Tommen's aging-up seems more clumbsy than the rest. Was it even necessary? It did produce a couple memorable lines about setting new records etc... but did the royal "bedding" further any plots or story arcs? I can't say for sure, but it didn't seem like aging Tommen did anything more than allow for a couple funny lines about "new record"s and such. Meanwhile It has resulted in a terrible character assassination of poor King Tommen, giving him the physical age of agency while portraying him mentally as the young boy from the books. His aging-up certainly interferes with the idea of Cersei's regency.

So he did. It's certainly a logical route to take. I don't think the show likes to go too far off piste when they can avoid it.

Awesome! a new word for me. :)

Archived