Will Olenna go to war?

Do Olenna and LF have a history? any animosity there?

Show or books, Olenna and LF conspired to kill Joff. That doesn't mean that LF is died in the wool Tyrell. But surely Olenna thinks what all high born characters think, that LF is her boy.

I expect Olenna to trade Cersei to the Faith for her grandchildren, I wouldn't be surprised if LF is still in KL and helps her.

Of course we could assume that the HS has no beef with Tyrell and was always angling to punish Cersei. But first we'd have to assume that HS = Howland.

Again, I'm going by Wikipedia (so not the best source, admittedly), but it seems to be no distinction between reigning and ruling. Basically, what I'm getting at is that Cersei shouldn't have been addressed as queen mother because as I understand it, a queen is referred as queen mother once the king is reigning/ruling in his own right.

So Cersei is really the queen regent, not the queen mother.

The Queen mother is the mother of the reigning king. Tommen reigned since the day he was crowned, he just can't rule until he comes of age, hence the need for Cersei as Queen Regent. She's both.

How powerful is the "regent" really? Cause if she is legit a regent because other people of authority put her there and isn't just 'assuming' the role or pretending she is. How could Kevan Lannister just dump her demands like that? Isn't she basically the King until Tommen comes of age? Meaning she gets to order who she wants. Why doesn't Kevan "recognize her authority over him"? Knowing Cersei, she could've cut his head right then and there, right? But she backed off as if Kevan was right?

Kevan didn't say that he didn't recognize her authority over him, he said he didn't recognize her authority to determine whether certain matters (like Jaime's whereabouts) were his concern or not. Cersei offered him a council position, and he just rejected the appointment. Even a King/Regent can't force someone to accept an appointment that they don't want.

Cersei isn't Tommen's regent in the show.

She explicitly says that she's sitting in for her son until Tommen comes of age. I really don't get why the show dropped the title of "Queen Regent" in favor of "Queen Mother", which implied that she was no longer Regent, but one thing that is indisputable is that Tommen is still underage in the show (despite being old enough to consummate his marriage) and therefore requires a Regent, who must be Cersei, if only because everyone else on the council is doing other jobs.

I am new here and, man, you guys sure to analyze GoT. My thoughts on KL happenings is this: Cersei is just Queen Mum (like Kevan informed her) but she thinks she has power and kinda does because her son is a push over and mom pleaser. And in true Cersei fashion, she reacted without much thought when she gave the HS all this power. It will come back to bite her. I cannot wait to see it!

Stop critizing Tommen, guys. The poor boy is supposed to be only 12 years old according to his actor. The aging up of the character aside, I wonder why they cast an even older actor to play a twelve-year-old. Atm I'd wager it has something to do with the gentle sensibilies of the audience and his uncanonical post coitum scene with Marg, but I really hope it has some other reason as well. Anyway, it seems a bit... dishonest? of them to me.

Archived