Bronn killing a Sandsnake in an earlier episode, foreshadowing?

So apparently everyone seems to think Bronn is poisoned.

Then let me point out what happened in the episode when bronn and Jaime first landed ashore. There was this scene where Jaime was sleeping and Bronn killing a (literal) sandsnake near Jaime's head with a dagger. So, what if this was a foreshadowing moment? I know Sandsnakes go to some places later on in the story, but I guess we already should understand that the show has deviated from the books already so this wouldn't matter at all.

Thoughts?

So apparently everyone seems to think Bronn is poisoned.

Then let me point out what happened in the episode when bronn and Jaime first landed ashore. There was this scene where Jaime was sleeping and Bronn killing a (literal) sandsnake near Jaime's head with a dagger. So, what if this was a foreshadowing moment? I know Sandsnakes go to some places later on in the story, but I guess we already should understand that the show has deviated from the books already so this wouldn't matter at all.

Thoughts?

Pfffft. Bron was bested by the Westeros version of the powderpuff girls. Pow! Biff! Argh! So badass.

If Bronn dies on the show I hope it results in Show!Jaime finally learning his lesson and being honourable. He still hasn't gotten his stuff together on the show so far but maybe if he pulled his friend out of retirement and got him killed on a stupid quest it might finally sink in that being reckless and subservient to Cersei is a bad thing. Maybe it even leads to Tyrion finally hating Jaime for getting his best friend killed.

If Bronn dies on the show I hope it results in Show!Jaime finally learning his lesson and being honourable. He still hasn't gotten his stuff together on the show so far but maybe if he pulled his friend out of retirement and got him killed on a stupid quest it might finally sink in that being reckless and subservient to Cersei is a bad thing. Maybe it even leads to Tyrion finally hating Jaime for getting his best friend killed.

My thoughts too.

Bronn was happy and retired. Jamie completely strongarmed him to go on an incredibly dangerous mission.

My thoughts too.

Bronn was happy and retired. Jamie completely strongarmed him to go on an incredibly dangerous mission.

Exactly! And, remember, this is the same guy who refused to champion Tyrion against the Mountain because it was too risky. So, it makes complete sense that he would now just shrug his shoulders when the Lannisters completely renege on their deal with him to marry Lollys, become a minor lord, etc. and say to Jaime "When do we leave, buddy? :rolleyes:

Well, considering that Bronn got cut, I'd say that the likelihood of him killing a SS now is rather low; do people expect him to make some sort of escape plan only to divert to a cell to kill a SS? Uh uh. Bronn is likely screwed. I do like the thought that this may be a defining moment for Jaime, I think it's a stretch, but it might work that way.

Bronn was poisoned but Tyene will give him an antidote.

Tyene: My dagger was coated with a special ointment from Asshai. It's called the Long Farewell. It can take some time to work some times several days. But if one single drop makes contact with the skin...death.

Tyene: The only antidote. Who is the most beautiful woman in the world? Who? Who, sorry?

Bronn: You.

She takes whatever the antidote it is from or off of her necklace and gives it to him.

I'm not sure of your prediction that Bronn will kill a Sand Snake but I'm fairly sure that Areo Hotah is going to use that axe of his on Bronn at some point this season.

The audition for one of the sandsnake actresses seems to confirm he was poisoned but in the script they auditioned from she gives him the potion. We can only pray to the Seven this is true.

If Bronn will survive a poisoning, his imoral existence will be ended by Areo´s checkov glaive. Ofcourse if they want to finally intruduce Tyene as someone dangerous and cunning, he will not be poisoned from the dagger cut, the antidote will be a poison. Convincing the fan favorite to poison himself would be a great introduction, much better then Obara´s monoloques. Tyene would be instant "fan favorite".

But so far whole Dorne is played more for cheap comedic relief so i am not 100% convinced that Bronn (or anyone else except redshirts) will die despite all of the foreshadowing. But his death could be usefull for character developement of Jaime and for the Dornish character who will kill him. So i sort of hope he will die. I want Dornish plot to mean something and i want the show to concentrate on serious plots and not on wacky adventures with Bronn as funny sidekick (even though he is great in this role).

My opinion on this all is I don't care for neither characters. Dorne and Sand Snakers are kind of generic, boring and disappointing compared to books and TV excellent casting and portrayal of Oberyn. Bronn is a super dispensable character both in the books (where after ASOS he disappears and we just hear 3rd party reports to Cersei about him) and here. At least Barristan had a job to do in Maureen and he still got killed, Bronn has no potential plot value and his journey with Jaime is kind of gone.

My opinion on this all is I don't care for neither characters. Dorne and Sand Snakers are kind of generic, boring and disappointing compared to books and TV excellent casting and portrayal of Oberyn. Bronn is a super dispensable character both in the books (where after ASOS he disappears and we just hear 3rd party reports to Cersei about him) and here. At least Barristan had a job to do in Maureen and he still got killed, Bronn has no potential plot value and his journey with Jaime is kind of gone.

They should have just let Bronn marry Lollys and live happily ever after like he does in the books. It looked like that was the direction he was headed last year but I guess they changed their minds this year for no reason.

I am guessing he will die (maybe after he kills Obara), Jaime feels guilty and he decides to return to King's Landing and tell everyone the truth about his relationship with Cersei.

Archived