The Most Beautiful Wedding in the Series

I thought the wedding (not the bedding) scene was very well done. It was a gorgeous set. The characters were dressed exquisitely, the makeup was perfect, the weather was ideal, snow and darkness and *swoons.*

http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/i/2015/05/17/sansa.jpg

Hopefully this draws some more lighthearted discussion about the end of the episode. There was a beautiful horror to the scene. The marriage itself is ghastly, but the scenery was lovely. It reminded of something beautiful and terrible, out of an Edgar Allan Poe or H.P. Lovecraft work.

https://static-ssl.businessinsider.com/image/55597f23eab8ea9b24c4f730-1200-706/sansa-stark-wedding-game-thrones.png

Man. In terms of effects and visuals, this was one of my favorite scenes. Just lovely.

One of my pet peeves with this show is how some of the best cinematography is wasted on pointless story arcs. Last season, it was the fight between Brienne and the Hound...it made absolutely no sense to me in the story arcs, but I caught myself going back to it over and over on youtube to watch as a stand alone.

This season looks like my cognitive dissonance between admiring the scenery and how much I hate the storyline will ramp up. Visually, this was one of my favorite scenes this season.

I agree that the scene was shot beautifully. The music was wonderful. The only thing I felt it was lacking was people. I think this is one of the moments where the missing Northern lords could have really added to the atmosphere. It would have added to the horror of the scene, as we could have seen some of them looking somewhat uneasy but trying to hide it, as they would both care for Sansa and be familiar with Ramsay's true nature. Still, the shot with the weirwood was particularly nice. Probably the best part of the Winterfell sequence.

the men in the background looked like Northern lords, the way they were dressed and their faces. Nobody of signifigance. Show should have ditched Dorn and spent more details on the Northern plotline. Oh Well. Wedding was beautiful in appearance.

Sansa, being the most gorgeous character in the show, had the most gorgeous wedding as expected with the most beautiful dress. Beauty is just second nature to the character and the actress. :wub:

I agree

Aesthetically, it was beautiful. Sansa was actually the most beautiful I've ever seen her and possibly the most beautiful I've seen a woman on this show, and the snow and the weirwood tree, Ramsay, the guests. If I could bear to watch it again, I would. It also gave me the gothic vibe, and the lighting in it was really good, too. From a purely aesthetical view, it was a great scene. That is, the wedding scene, and that only.

It's a northern wedding, not some sort of ostentatious southern affair. The only witness they need is the heart tree. And most likely the Boltons don't have much smallfolk, they must have tortured or killed them all.

I'm not saying that it needed to be an ostentatious affair. They don't need a 77 course dinner or a pigeon pie or anything like that. As I said, I thought the atmosphere was perfect. However, the entire point of this wedding is supposed to be to strengthen the Bolton's claim on the North in the eyes of the Northern lords. I'm not concerned with the lack of smallfolk, as it's unlikely they would even be present for the ceremony itself. Lord Damian makes a good point in that, on a second look, there do seem to be two or three people who could be Northern lords. I agree that it would have been nice to have them identified instead of just being generic wedding guests.

This is just a minor nitpick I had with the scene. I felt most everything about it was wonderful. The acting, music, cinematography, the dialogue (most of which was straight from the book) were all quite nice. The Northern lord thing is just something that has bothered me about the Winterfell story line in general. I thought it would have made the scene even better.

The wedding looked very lousy to me, mostly because there was almost nobody there (a freaking kennelmaster's daughter got a front-row seat!). Which goes against the whole purpose of holding the wedding at Winterfell.

Archived