The Most Beautiful Wedding in the Series

I'm not saying that it needed to be an ostentatious affair. They don't need a 77 course dinner or a pigeon pie or anything like that. As I said, I thought the atmosphere was perfect. However, the entire point of this wedding is supposed to be to strengthen the Bolton's claim on the North in the eyes of the Northern lords. I'm not concerned with the lack of smallfolk, as it's unlikely they would even be present for the ceremony itself. Lord Damian makes a good point in that, on a second look, there do seem to be two or three people who could be Northern lords. I agree that it would have been nice to have them identified instead of just being generic wedding guests.

This is just a minor nitpick I had with the scene. I felt most everything about it was wonderful. The acting, music, cinematography, the dialogue (most of which was straight from the book) were all quite nice. The Northern lord thing is just something that has bothered me about the Winterfell story line in general. I thought it would have made the scene even better.

I agree, but you have to wonder if they spent a ton of cash on CGI this season. Dragons, DW, etc?

The wedding was "underwhelming" in terms of crowd, but they also might be making a symbolic point here. Martin has the ability to play with different literary devices to tell his story that cannot translate to motion picture. At the same time, there are ways to create an image that "tells a thousand words" without saying anything.

We can look at it as underwhelming in regards to audience, but there is another way to see it.

1. The small crowd symbolically suggests that the Boltons are alone in the "vast North" (Cersei tells Joff this). As big as the north is, very few people showed up suggesting that they have many enemies. Then consider Ramsay's line "..heir to Winterfell". The north that "remembers" is not going to accept Ramsay as heir. Sansa of course, but not Ramsay. As a symbolic gesture, we see the Boltons in the marches essentially with very few people around them, and very few people whom will recognize the wedding. This tells the audience that while a Stark returned to Winterfell, the north decided not to come.

2. This may just be a casualty of shooting the scene in the way they did, but a few posters have mentioned the lack of faces on the Weirwood. That could also act as a symbolic gesture that the Old Gods have turned their backs (faces) on the Boltons and as a consequence do not recognize the wedding.

Now obviously points 1 & 2 might be pure :bs: and it was a matter of money, but I suppose it is at least something to consider.

I part of me feels like this thread is a joke :dunno: Sorry, I can't help it.

Reminds me that time a local anchorwomen twitted, after the Japan Earthquake "well, at least the good thing is that they won't be after the dolphins for a while!". It's been 4 years since that and she hasn't completely recovered for that one.

We should also mention Roose's role as a sort of priest in the ceremony. Michael McElhatton has such a great voice, it made the scene even better. If only it had been anyone but Sansa getting married with Ramsay.

Or anyone other than Ramsey marrying someone. Roose has a sweet voice though.

Sansa, being the most gorgeous character in the show, had the most gorgeous wedding as expected with the most beautiful dress. Beauty is just second nature to the character and the actress. :wub:

I, too, thought Sansa looked absolutely stunning. The costumes & background in general were exquisite. The wedding scene was perfect except for the presence of the vile Boltons & lil twisted Miranda.

Archived