Did the show just spoil... *book spoilers, Unsullied beware*

So...anybody think that the nights of the Veil are somehow going to swoop in and ruin Stannis/Roose's day in Winds because the whole Sansa/Harry the Heir marriage conspiracy? Show plots and book plots are different, I know, but we know now from the show that Littlefinger is going to attempt to attack... somebody.

Do we actually know how the events narrated in the Vale relate to those occurring in the North?

As far as i can remember there was little to actually link the two timelines. We could have been told the Vale story months before the one occurring in the North before the current cliffhanger. Maybe an army from the Vale has been moving for a long while northbound and we just haven't been told, as the tale of the long voyage North of Stannis' fleet was untold to avoid spoiling the arrival at battle at the Wall.

This all depends on the Davos timeline and how fast if even successful he will be in retrieving Rickon.

This. If that plot turns out to be a shaggy dog story (hur hur) then there might be a window of opportunity for Sansa and LF to wreck shit up.

This. If that plot turns out to be a shaggy dog story (hur hur) then there might be a window of opportunity for Sansa and LF to wreck shit up.

yeah, I think this is going to be a factor in both the show and books.

So...anybody think that the nights of the Veil are somehow going to swoop in and ruin Stannis/Roose's day in Winds because the whole Sansa/Harry the Heir marriage conspiracy? Show plots and book plots are different, I know, but we know now from the show that Littlefinger is going to attempt to attack... somebody.

Littlefinger upon last book end was at impasse, trapped to extent. He does not command the Vale as much as he liked. With Aegon arriving and with the war in the North, whose is to say if the East will rally. As with the Reach and the Dornish being poised. The Capital in sparrows.I somehow doubt it will be that superbowl if the wall comes down. Meaning Dany could get a free ride. If the Others breach the wall, the Vale has the best defense, then again one dead knight on that bloody gate could make zombimageddon?

The East haven't stirred yet, so they probably won't until threatened, or until a proper king commands.

Only Littlefinger knows his game in the show he is the wizard of confounding teleports.

Yes I think that's likely. From what I understand the TV show IS roughly following the same broad plot as the books, only they're getting rid of storylines and characters D&D view as unimportant. The only difference is that GRRM will make an attempt to ensure his characters display logical motivation in their actions, unlike the TV show with Littlefinger simply doing whatever random shit D&D deem necessary to get things where they want them to be.

Yes I think that's likely. From what I understand the TV show IS roughly following the same broad plot as the books, only they're getting rid of storylines and characters D&D view as unimportant. The only difference is that GRRM will make an attempt to ensure his characters display logical motivation in their actions, unlike the TV show with Littlefinger simply doing whatever random shit D&D deem necessary to get things where they want them to be.

Not bloody likely. The Vale in the books have remained rooted defending their own. That won't change because Littlefinger is a puppet, possibly loyal to the crown who they despise. They didn't trust him, would have risen up against him. Declaring war on Stannis is quite unthinkable, considering history? Then again who know what they fully think and who commands them?

Is everyone forgetting about the Others? Maybe they aren't a threat, that would be odd

I think Rickon's definitely the shaggydog of this story. I don't think George would put a Stark we barely knew on Winterfell and in that regard, the show is setting up the same. I mean, Northern Lords wanting to gather around Sansa?

How are the knights of the Vale supposed to get North in the midst of the winter? It's a logistical impossibility.

Maybe they'll simply ride AROUND Moat Cailin

How are the knights of the Vale supposed to get North in the midst of the winter? It's a logistical impossibility.

Yes but this is fantasy. Unless you are prepared to admit that WoW will basically be a story about westeros cooped up inside their holds, then I am going to suggest that people will be moving in the winter. Otherwise people are going to be sitting by their heart fires dreaming of spring.......And I am pretty sure WoW will have a bit of intense action, which means armies will be fighting/moving in the snow.

Uhh, yeah, he does. Everyone has teleporters in the books. Travel times are pathetically unrealistic there too.

Yes but at the same time we shouldn't assume that pov changes in the books happen minutes apart.

Martin almost never begins with "Meanwhile in the Vale at 8 in the morning, three hours after Ramsay fell to his doom...". Nor should we assume that movements depend on previous chapters.

But I don't think the Vale knights will be heading that far north.

Could he even get to Winterfel at this point in the story? The snow is coming down so heavy it has buried Stannis's camp and I don't see troops from the vale being well suited enough for that kind of weather to launch an attack. Vale troops have also seen no action in the war, so they would in effect be green and unseasoned, where the two armies they would face (Stannis and Roose) have both seen lots of combat and will be much more hardened to war.

Archived