[No Spoilers] EP507 Discussion

Ran

Non-spoiler discussion of the show goes here, for those who've not read the books or those who have but are happy to not actually reference them at all in discussion, taking each episode as it comes.

This topic should open automatically when the show begins airing.

A few things.......Stannis' army is depleted, right? They are stuck in the snow horses and men dying, not enough food. He gave ships to John and the Wildlings. He has no shot at anything until John returns with the Wildlings. Perhaprs he can sack Winterfell....I don't know.

Something is coming with Brienne I think. Perhpas, she gets torn inbetween her vengeance of Renly, and saving Sansa. Maybe during the battle, does she kill Stannis or Ramsay? She mucks it up and Ramsay kills her, in an awful way of course.

Where the hell is Bran? When is he goign to rejoin John and Sansa? Bran warg's out inside of Ghost.....and eats Ramsay's jewels, leving him alive to be Ramsay Unich.

I'm also wondering where the Grayjoy's are in all this. Theon needs some kind of redemption in all this. Perhaps he saves his sister in some way, maybe his father.....then dies of course......mercifully at last.

Thoughts?

Stannis has no need of ships to sack Winterfell. His army is slowly depleting and they're dealing with blizzards but ships wouldn't do him much good right now.

Bran has been written out this season as supposedly his story doesn't really overlap with current events. Presumably he's learning a bunch of stuff in that tree and we have to wait until next season to see what he's been up to. I suppose that doesn't rule out the possibility of him having an influence on the story remotely using his tree powers, we just won't see the actor in the flesh.

I suspect we will see the Greyjoys before the end of the season since Yara has been rumored to appear. The last we saw of her she tried to rescue Theon but turned around as he seemed to be a broken man. I'm not really sure how she fits into the story right now, and Theon's father has sort of been doing nothing that we know of since declaring himself King and fighting the Starks. We know Melissandre named him in her leech ritual along with Joffrey and Robb but we have no indication that he also died so I expect we'll find something out about them before the finale.

Ramsay is the new Joffrey, not only since this season I am looking forward to see this disgusting sadist die. Will Sansa do it with the tool she stole this episode? I doubt it, I fear she will fail and suffer more. Once she es out of there I assume she will end up becoming a hard, revengeful ruler.

I found it a bit naive of Sansa to trust Theon, not sure how much time has passed since her arrival but she must have seen how much Theon fears Ramsay, how much a pet he is who does everything he has to. Also she must have seen Ramsays brutal rule. Shouldn't she be a bit more careful with endangering the people that support her? Imagine Ramsay had not slaughtered the old lady rightaway but used her to spy out the network of loyal Stark supporters?

Will Wreak in one dramatic scene finally turn Theon again? I think so. Whether just to die or continue living, curious...

I very much appreciated the turn with Cercei this episode. Oh so confident in her conspiracy and then she trapped herself. Now who will fill the vacuum around Tommen? The zealots? Little Finger? Or Olenna, after all she's a experienced relative?

Will somebody raid and destroy the sparrows soon (knights templar / St. Bartholomew's day style)? After all religion is only useful as long as it serves the rulers. Or will KIng's Landing become a sort of Vatican? I definitely find the High Sparrow and his followers very interesting, as with Melisandre's cult. The depiction and rise of these different religious movements contributes to making the world deeper, beyond all the killing, conspiracies and nudity. Similarily in my opinion more room/time could be given to the conflicts between masters and ex-slaves, the depiction of the Dorne society (which we have not seen much about).

I found it a bit naive of Sansa to trust Theon, not sure how much time has passed since her arrival but she must have seen how much Theon fears Ramsay, how much a pet he is who does everything he has to.

Yep, Ramsey rapes Sansa on their wedding night and Theon sits in the corner like a potted plant. Trusting Theon doesn't seem to make much sense does it?

How about this. Sansa, go up to the tower and light the candle yourself.

How about this. Sansa, go up to the tower and light the candle yourself.

Not sure that would have been so easy. The scenes suggest she's under tight control and surveillance. But patience might have been an idea. The elderly lady has made it to her door once, she might have done so a second time.

Edited by valirpaz

Not sure that would have been so easy. The scenes suggest she's under tight control and surveillance. But patience might have been an idea. The elderly lady has made it to her door once, she might have done so a second time.

She's locked in the tower and only allowed out when accompanied by guards or Ramsay. She's going to have to work on Theon. There might be more horrors ahead for her before he cracks.

I agree more horrors are to be expected. (I also find it a bit curious nobody had warned her of Theon before the wedding, but then it probably was too late already anyways.) Already now Theon struggles seeing her suffer. I'm sure at one point he'll act.