[Book Spoilers] EP507 Discussion

Ran

I actually liked the Sand Brats a bit more this time; just for Tyene playing at being a femme fatale, only with Bronn's life in the balance. And Obara's exasperated eye roll when Tyene asked Bronn if he thought Tyene the most beautiful woman in the world or whatever.

As for Myrcella; well, she's quite good at flouncing. I cannot see a Lannister/Baratheon princess, even one betrothed to the heir of Dorne, wearing pink, though.

The eye rolls were a nice touch. If the other Sandsnakes had played it straight the scene would have been a disaster.

I wasn't surprised by Sansa's bruises. That was consistent with Book Jeyne. I'm thinking there's a decent chance TV Sansa will get pregnant, even if Book Jeyne did not. Seems like the sort of thing D&D would throw in for drama, and if it deviates too much from the books, they could just have her miscarry or somesuch. *rolls eyes*

I don't think she'll get pregnant because the show won't have time for this plot. They seem to be setting up Sansa to kill Ramsay, by the end of this season. Which makes sense with Tyrion's "Sansa's not a killer, not yet anyway"

Yeah, its pretty friggin obvious that Bronn is now Bronnstar. That scene also reinforces my belief that Tyene killing Tommen in both the books and show. Wasn't a bad scene if Tyene ends up being merciless killer, which I hope she ends up being.

lol what? Can you explain what made you come to these predictions?

Which one, if you can enlighten me? Sansa's taking the knife to her room, so may e she ends up the season killing Ramsay? Other than that, this plot makes no sense and Sansa's characterization has been ridiculous.

Let go of the plot, its not the book.

For all the bitching we did about the last scene last week and about this being for Theon's benifit it isn't, Sansa just grab this shit by the balls, she's going to wreck some shit on house Bolton.

Which one, if you can enlighten me? Sansa's taking the knife to her room, so may e she ends up the season killing Ramsay? Other than that, this plot makes no sense and Sansa's characterization has been ridiculous.

Agreed, this was the problem with the scene, not the scene itself. Her character was poised to make some forward progress. Now shes fallen all the way to pre Joff. I do hold some hope with that scene where she was taunt Ramsey about his lordship.

Also: Tyrion and Dany. That is all. D&D went and stole that moment from GRRM. It's gotta sting.

It happened so quickly and it does seem a bit rushed.

What did Sansa pick up while she was out of her chambers? Me thinks she is going to find her way out next week or threaten Theon or something. That would be a bit of a downer for Theons character arc if he is FORCED to help Sansa escape rather then just doing it because deep down he cares for her. Maybe it will be a little bit of both. But this is getting a bit frustrating to watch the WF storyline go on like this.

What the hell are Brienne and Pod going to do? They wait till Ramsey and men leave to fight Stannis and rush in with a bunch of farmers and townfolk to overrun Roose and co?

I don't think she'll get pregnant because the show won't have time for this plot. They seem to be setting up Sansa to kill Ramsay, by the end of this season. Which makes sense with Tyrion's "Sansa's not a killer, not yet anyway"

If Sansa doesn't have it in her to kill Ramsay, after everything he's done, I think it's safe to say that she's not a killer. I'm not sure that she'll have the chance, though, what with three episodes left and what looks like some sort of Ramsay/Stannis clash on its way.

As for a pregnancy, she could learn she's pregnant at the end of the season, maybe even after Ramsay's death (assuming he dies this season), with the pregnancy being something she has to deal with next season. It could be adding insult to injury, but I'm not entirely convinced that Book Sansa doesn't get pregnant as well.

Edited by Newstar

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but considering the two books that are being adapted this season, I'm very pleased with the way they were able to get the plot moving while keeping all the main characters front and center.

That's my least favorite part of this whole series though. They compressed like 1300 pages of subtle intrigue into a few hours of film. They spent two seasons on ASoS. These two books were worth at least the same amount of effort.

I didn't expect Jorah and Tyrion to meet Dany so soon, and I didn't expect Cersei to be arrested this soon either but I'm not complaining, this is the best episode of the season.

Even Dorne wasn't that bad. I wonder what will happen with Jaime and Myrcella.

I think Jaime will confess to her that she's a incest baby. I didn't expect Cersei to be imprisoned this soon either, but i geuss it makes sense if the WOS is in the 9th episode.

I hope Danny doesn't lock Tyrion in a cell too soon. If she takes anymore pillow advice from Daario I think I will vomit. But it will be nice to see Daario and Tyrion try to one up one another

I didn't expect Jorah and Tyrion to meet Dany so soon, and I didn't expect Cersei to be arrested this soon either but I'm not complaining, this is the best episode of the season.

Even Dorne wasn't that bad. I wonder what will happen with Jaime and Myrcella.

I agree. Best episode so far.