[Book Spoilers] EP507 Discussion

Ran

I had to laugh at Sansa in the 5x08 promo, snarling at Theon about how she would have Reeked Theon if she'd had the chance. "HELP ME YOU WORTHLESS FUCKING ASSHOLE" is probably not the best tack to take. On the other hand, RIP, Sansa's courtesy armour. Nice knowing you.

Yeah, its pretty friggin obvious that Bronn is now Bronnstar. That scene also reinforces my belief that Tyene killing Tommen in both the books and show. Wasn't a bad scene if Tyene ends up being merciless killer, which I hope she ends up being.

I hope Hotah vs. Bronn is as good as the Hound vs. Brienne.

If Sansa doesn't have it in her to kill Ramsay, after everything he's done, I think it's safe to say that she's not a killer. I'm not sure that she'll have the chance, though, what with three episodes left and what looks like some sort of Ramsay/Stannis clash on its way.

As for a pregnancy, she could learn she's pregnant at the end of the season, maybe even after Ramsay's death (assuming he dies this season), with the pregnancy being something she has to deal with next season. It could be adding insult to injury, but I'm not entirely convinced that Book Sansa doesn't get pregnant as well.

Don't get me wrong, I want the Boltons dead as much as the next person, but I highly doubt they're killing off Ramsay or Roose this season. They're the only huge villains the show has right now. If they were to take that away, then they'd take away that "bad guy" element, and you need that kind of element to have a good show.

I agree with you about Sansa though. She wouldn't be able to kill him, at least, right now. Maybe some time in season 6?

Eh. You snooze, you lose.

Damn right! And just like that, just with that teensy tiny bit of dialogue between Dany and Tyrion, Tyrion's aDwD storyline is officially better on the show.

You had ONE job, GRRM, and now D&D did it for you. All is well.

As far as the Winterfell plot goes, Sansa hasn't gone "full Jeyne", but then, I don't think anybody ever expected that. Against the plot, while this could always be brought up later, there's really no sign here that Sansa being raped is going to be addressed in any manner beyond "Ramsay raped her and she got teary-eyed, but she's a Tough Chick so whatever", which is not going to win the show any points on the Handling of Sexual Assault scale.

I don't think she'll get pregnant because the show won't have time for this plot. They seem to be setting up Sansa to kill Ramsay, by the end of this season. Which makes sense with Tyrion's "Sansa's not a killer, not yet anyway"

OH GODS I ROOT FOR IT SO HARD! SO HARD! Let her murder him! Please!!!!!

I'm pretty sure Tommen will die this season. :(

Why do you think that? I think Olenna is gonna get her shithooks into him before all is said and done.

Decent episode this week. Not fond of Yet Another Rape Attempt on Gilly, cuz that was just uncalled for. But her scene with Sam was actually really sweet. "Egg, I dreamed I was old!" was really the highest point for me. Sad but also happy tears cuz they kept that in. High Sparrow killed it this week.

I also really liked Dany's stuff tbh. Tyrion's Number One Fan ("AND ONE") was missed and i was hoping to see that, but alas.

The only thing i didnt like was Sand Snakes portion. I guess Bronn might join Team Sand Snake or something? What is this setting up?

Did anyone else notice how Melisandre awkwardly avoided mentioning Balon's name? Since he was brought up by Sansa, it's not as if they've taken him out of canon (like they did with Theon's uncles) but it makes me wonder if they are purposely stalling on his death for next season.

Anyhow, good episode - in spite of the show's increasingly shameless obsession with women-in-danger.

That's my least favorite part of this whole series though. They compressed like 1300 pages of subtle intrigue into a few hours of film. They spent two seasons on ASoS. These two books were worth at least the same amount of effort.

The difference is a Storm of Swords had many climactic moments, was probably the most dense book of the series, and was still centered around the same characters for the most part.

These two have too many new characters and just added so many plot points. As much as I hate Dorne now, I can only imagine how non book readers would be if they had a whole side plot with a bunch of characters they never met before. Same with Sansa. What are we going to have her chill in the Vale the whole season? Speed that shit up.

Does anybody else think that Sansa may be at Castle Black when the Ides of whoever happen? I mean the look on her face tonight when Ramsay told her about Jon was like "damn he's so close" and in the books Jeyne is sent to Castle Black after they run into Stannis. And if Brienne and Pod play the Abel role and bring Sansa back to Castle Black is it possible that Sansa and Brienne play the roles of Val and Wun Wun when it comes to the Ides of whoever?

That's my least favorite part of this whole series though. They compressed like 1300 pages of subtle intrigue into a few hours of film. They spent two seasons on ASoS. These two books were worth at least the same amount of effort.

the difference is the two books are expanded to many more locations and characters unlike SOS, which even though it had its fair share of seperate plot lines a lot of it was happening in the same locations and many characters were together. That is not the case with Feast and Dance which only introduced more and more characters and locations.

With that in mind I this season has done an admirable job condensing things- only real major disappointment for me has been drone but I just don't think they have the screen time needed to really give it justice.

Solid episode all round. Nothing was hugely weak, even Dorne felt like Game of Thrones for once. I am the boobs demographic though so totally and shamelessly biased.

Egg, Balon and White Harbour mentions in one episode. Lovely stuff.

I actually liked the follow up to the Sansa stuff. I honestly though Ramsay would punch her when she called him a bastard, love how she hesitated before it. People can criticise all they want but they've stayed true to the characters involved, the only exception being Baelish who's still absolutely despicable. Ramsay is finally shown to be the most evil entity in Westeros. That old woman...fuck.

That said, he does have strong competition from show Mel. I mean for the love of R'hllor...Really? She just suggested burning alive the King's daughter, heir and only child, to the king? I honestly found it quite ridiculous that Stannis wouldn't have her arrested and hanged on the spot. Her prophecy about Wintefell is pretty damning. She sees herself there and Bolton's banners falling. Littelfinger wins then. Spoilers guys.

Lena nailed Cersei. Brilliant acting from her in this episode which, along with ep. 4 was the strongest of the season.

The Sand Snakes scene was interesting. Good to see Tyene is still into poisons. It's too early to pass judgement. We don't know where the plot is headed just yet.

Cersei's arrest was brilliant. Lena's psycho scream should be my new ringtone. Also that Septa looked manlier than the Mountain.

I didn't expect Jorah and Tyrion to meet Dany so soon, and I didn't expect Cersei to be arrested this soon either but I'm not complaining, this is the best episode of the season.

Even Dorne wasn't that bad. I wonder what will happen with Jaime and Myrcella.

I agree. Best episode so far.

Yeah, its pretty friggin obvious that Bronn is now Bronnstar. That scene also reinforces my belief that Tyene killing Tommen in both the books and show. Wasn't a bad scene if Tyene ends up being merciless killer, which I hope she ends up being.

Bronn is a sellsword. I don't think Tyene just gave him that antidote because she felt pity or vain.

Edited by Dragon_Rider