[Book Spoilers] EP507 Discussion

Ran

I didn't understand the Little Finger and Queen of Thorns conversation. What were they planning?

She was basically saying that if the Tyrell's go down because of Cersei she has no incentive to not reveal the whole killing Joffrey plot to the world. Aka, " LF you better have something good". LF put Lancel into play. It was forshadowed when they met up last episode.

Eh. You snooze, you lose.

I wasn't surprised by Sansa's bruises. That was consistent with Book Jeyne. I'm thinking there's a decent chance TV Sansa will get pregnant, even if Book Jeyne did not. Seems like the sort of thing D&D would throw in for drama, and if it deviates too much from the books, they could just have her miscarry or somesuch. *rolls eyes*

Sansa getting pregnant most likely in the book too, you may not love (put your own person here )but you'll love your children is ringing loud.

But Sam tried to save her and got sex, which is of course what every woman wants to do right after escaping a double rape.

oh please it's not like there was no history between them she has sown interest in him from the beginning. You're really stretching with this one

Escaping by candle light isn't possible now. I'm worried that Brienne and Pod are going to fall into a trap. Ramsay and (I'm assuming) Roose know about the whole candle scheming thing thanks to Theon. What if they light one from the tower, Brienne takes it as a cue to go save Sansa, then ends up captured by the Boltons? I hope not, but it's certainly possible.

That's most definitely what the Boltons should do, but I'll bet you good money that they don't, in order to preserve the candle as a plot device for the redeemed Theon to light.

Sansa getting pregnant most likely in the book too, you may not love (put your own person here )but you'll love your children is ringing loud.

There's all kinds of pregnancy speculation in the books, but I've always found that extremely unlikely as something that would occur in the main action of the series, because where exactly would GRRM fit that into the series? The pace of time in the series is a crawl.

Edited by Colonel Green

Yep there was a lot of foreshadowing in the book only the child is unlikely to be a product or rape or Ramsay Bolton's.

Sansa is going to keep kneeding at Ramsay about being a bastard, and of course, shes a trueborn herself, so saying it is even worse. If shes not killing anyone, then I think she is trying to manipulate Ramsay into killing Walda so that Roose will kill Ramsay. Perhaps Ramsay, if hes out in the Baratheon camp kills/flays Shireen? Now my mind is going everywhere about that.

So, it would be too bad if the show stayed truer to the source material? Theon/Reek is compelled there as well.

It looks like in the previews is Sansa again pleading to Reek to help her out. If she has to threaten Theon with the knife she grabbed, I dont think Theon would be helping her willingly.

Or else she threatens her own life in front of Theon...

I agree. I'm just spitballing, but maybe the reason Sansa had to have some form of sex in the show is that Book Sansa gets pregnant, maybe by Harry, and if Harry was scrapped, she needed to get pregnant by other means. Doesn't mean she had to get raped, but short of writing in a consensual non-Harry love interest, I can see why they thought it would be easier to mash up her storyline with Jeyne's.

Edited by Newstar