[Book Spoilers] EP507 Discussion

Ran

No. The only way that scene would have worked was with flowers, chocolate, music and a long foreplay.

Clearly Sam needed to do more to earn it and Gilly gave it to him way too soon and too easily. I mean they only just met and didn't even have a proper first date!

/s

No, you're right. Having a couple of blokes try to rape her was the only way to get them in bed together. Awesome writing.

This was my favorite episode of the season. I cried when Maester Aemon started talking about "Egg" and at his funeral. Sam is one of my favorite characters and I am happy for him and Gilly. I will be really upset if something happens to them. I got scared we were gonna lose Bronn there for a few seconds. Maybe he'll marry a Sand Snake....lol. Loved the scene between Lady Olenna and the High Sparrow because both are portrayed by such great actors. I was rooting for Tyrion to get those chains off and make his presence known. It looks like Cersei is finally being thrown from her high horse. I was hoping Reek wouldn't go to Ramsay so I am disappointed about that. It appears Brienne and Pod will have to do the rescuing. Happy Stannis turned downed Melisandre's blood sacrifice but I suspect when their situation becomes desperate then she will be sacrificed by Shireen's mother, etc. The episode moved really fast and I can't believe we are getting deep into TWOW. I'm guessing the High Sparrow and the Faith Militant are going to take down both the Tyrells and the Lannisters. What is Jaime going to do? Can't help but wonder what his next step will be.

Theon didn't go to ramsay. Ramsay was sitting in the tower.

That's most definitely what the Boltons should do, but I'll bet you good money that they don't, in order to preserve the candle as a plot device for the redeemed Theon to light.

That would indeed be redeeming, but seeing as how the Boltons know about the candle plot,(didn't Ramsay say something about it when talking to Sansa?) I really don't think they'd be stupid enough to just forget about it and leave the broken tower unguarded. They now know Sansa is desperate to leave, so they're gonna be paranoid about every little thing. Maybe he redeems himself in another way?

If HS has been playing Cersei all along, I have to say his game was masterful:

1. Build a power base of supporting the people.

2. Expose the current High Septon's hypocrisy and discredit him in the eyes of the people.

3. When the queen comes calling, act humble and genial.

4. Readily agree to take down someone the queen implies she wants taken down.

5. Lull the queen into a false sense of security by discrediting people she wants discredited.

6. Sit on damning information until a precedent has been established for imprisoning nobles for their crimes.

7. Spring the trap and arrest the queen.

More so because it allows the Sparrows to gain control. His actions have allowed him to remove the ruling factions of Kings Landing by what appears to be their own conduct. "We are the many you are the few" so to speak. He give the little people the perception that they are no so little and that the nobles are equal to justice which allows him to control the mob. As in the days of Rome, to hold power is to appease the mob and keep them in your favor

Yes, it seems to be a preferred shortcut for the folks at GoT.

Are we really arguing that a bunch of KW who are rapists and thugs would not go after one of Crasters daughter/wives who also spent time in Mole town? Come on if the Sansa rape had not occurred know one would have thought that this was a strange plot development. Also it advances the plot that both Sam and the girl most get out of the Wall soon.

So, is anyone else wondering if Sansa is going to have something to do with Jon finding out his parentage?

I mean, think of it:

1. She learned that Jon Snow is LC of the Night's Watch;

2. She finds out about the Tourney at Harrenhal;

3. She is replacing fArya, and in the books

fArya is sent back to Castle Black.

By no means am I creating a conspiracy...it may be a complete coincidence given her situation. But it is kind of interesting, when you think about it.

It will be possible if she meets Howland Reed

Theon didn't go to ramsay. Ramsay was sitting in the tower.

I think they made it seem like theon was walking up the tower steps but in reality he just walked by the tower and straight to Ramsey's room. It kind of played a surprise on the viewer... Remember the tower is still ruined (it's the one bran fell from) and ramsey was not sitting in a ruined room.

Not to mention what Stannis said in season 3 about Gendry. "What is the life of one bastard boy against a kingdom?" If things get really desperate and Melissandre told him that by sacrificing Shireen will save the kingdom, there is a chance that he might just do it, even if it's against his heart.

Nope, that is the point of the touching scene in Epirsoe 4, Shareen is Princess Shareen Baratheon, Stannis would not sacrifice her.

Gilly is hardly Sansa. Gilly did not grow up with fairy tales of knights and a true prince like the noble women in the storyline. She was repeatedly raped by her father, had a child of the incest and lived a much harsher existence. Escaping the encounter that she did was not likely to send her running to her room to hide and cry.

Definitely my first thought was Gendry when LF talked about a handsome boy. Though I dont know what he would do with him in how he could be legitimized as Robert's heir.

As a woman, I just think Sansa is trying to survive. She went into this situation and found it wasnt going to be what she thought it would be. She found out shes now married to a sadist/rapist and theres nothing she can do short of escaping. If she killed him, what would happen to her? How would she get out? But if she can find a way to escape, then she can get to people to help her. The whole thing is messed up, but this episode is showing me that Sansa still has some wits when shes talking to Ramsay and reminding him that his legitimacy and being the heir isnt secure. Its what I hoped she'd do. Yes she will take his beatings/rapes and suffer but Im glad she hasnt given into despair completely.

Littlefinger is going to magically produce Gendry? Where's he keeping him? In a box?

These two characters have never even met on the show.

Gendry roed away from Dragonstone and likely went back to the bottoms in KL, LF would be the kind of guy to keep tabs on Robert's bastards, especially after most were killed in season one.

I think they made it seem like theon was walking up the tower steps but in reality he just walked by the tower and straight to Ramsey's room. It kind of played a surprise on the viewer... Remember the tower is still ruined (it's the one bran fell from) and ramsey was not sitting in a ruined room.

Yeah, it was actually a pretty good misdirection.

Although the Sansa rape scene was horrible I think it is necessary to the plot. She was obviously never going to willingly have sex with Ramsey but if she gets pregnant then she will be mother to the heir of winterfell after Roose and Ramsey finally snuff it. I hate the idea of the heir to winterfell not being a stark, however the child will have stark blood so that helps. You can't justify rape but I don't believe it was pointless