[Book Spoilers] EP507 Discussion

Ran

Gendry roed away from Dragonstone and likely went back to the bottoms in KL, LF would be the kind of guy to keep tabs on Robert's bastards, especially after most were killed in season one.

Except Gendry is a pointless character. He may be Robert's bastard but he can't fight, read, write, command men in battle, be a leader, etc. I guess if you want an ugly bulls helmet he's your guy, but Gendry doesn't help LF or Lady Olenna at all.

poor sansa she's pretty much on her own. inless she can get though to theon. The ramsay and theon thing is very odd to me.

Ramsey has completely brutalized Theon into Reek and tested Reek repeatedly to make sure Reek understands the horrible painful consequences of not being Ramsey's pet. PTSD is a ridiculously powerful motivator. Logic no longer applies. Trust me

Not to mention what Stannis said in season 3 about Gendry. "What is the life of one bastard boy against a kingdom?" If things get really desperate and Melissandre told him that by sacrificing Shireen will save the kingdom, there is a chance that he might just do it, even if it's against his heart.

Not to mention what Stannis said in season 3 about Gendry. "What is the life of one bastard boy against a kingdom?" If things get really desperate and Melissandre told him that by sacrificing Shireen will save the kingdom, there is a chance that he might just do it, even if it's against his heart.

great catch ..

can someone ask that to stannis now what is the life of one against a kingdom when the life is his daughter's ...

i hope davos does ..having said that iam sad that Shireen will die this season but is till cant see stannis doing it ...maybe after he is dead or inkured ...selyse will do it

and the sellswords that Stannis had was stormcrows

i love that ...A human heart in conflict

Edited by Drogonthedread

Rape is only ever necessary to the plot of a story about rape.

fair enough but in the real world rape happens unnecessarily, in the world of ASOIAF rape happens unnecessarily. Are we to gloss over every bad thing that ever happens and only show the rainbows and happily ever afters?

Again, I'm going to defend the Sam/Gilly scene because it was set up all along. Sam send Gilly to Mole town last season precisely because he was afraid something like this could happen. And Aemon tells Gilly to go South earlier this episode. The scene sets up why Sam needs to get Gilly away and Jon will send him on a mission to Oldtown and take GIlly with him. The fact that the show screwed up Sansa in Winterfell doesn't mean all threats of sexual violence should be avoided by the show. This is one situation where it actually makes sense to have it, because it fit into the story, was set up by earlier events, and provide motivation for future plot development.

Yes!

It looks like in the previews is Sansa again pleading to Reek to help her out. If she has to threaten Theon with the knife she grabbed, I dont think Theon would be helping her willingly.

Or else she threatens her own life in front of Theon...

Actually it looked like a corkscrew or a wine keg, ther was one on each keg as they went by.

But when Ramsey told her about Jon what ever idea she had in her head she ended it just as quickly.

Sansa's facial expressions said as much.

The bastard (that he never knew) of a brother (that he he never loved) can't be equated to his own flesh and blood daughter.

Well, for most people. But we're talking about Stannis here. The TV show has set him up to be the guy that will do anything without compromise for the throne. So I guess now he runs into the one thing he won't do.

Yeah exactly. Its not Gendry that LF is offering up. Whatever it is, it likely has nothing to do with Cersei. I'm sure LF knew this had to backfire on Cersei one way or another (he even told her it was a bad idea). There would be no need for LF to get involved in that. LF has something else cookin' (as usual).

When he says "the same thing I offered Cersei, A boy" I assumed he's talking about Sweet Robin, referring to the Vale.

He's engineering a war. Stoking tension and making alliances with a bunch of sides. He's doing it all in secret and in such a way that he various factions betray each other. Risky.

Hardly if Sansa's most important plot line is to mother the heir of Winterfell.

Which would be invalid if when her brother Rickon comes home. If Sansa was to actually birth a Bolton baby, it would be considered an abomination.

BTW some thing just came to me as I was thinking about Sam going to Oldtown.

I will post a separate thread to discuss it but I'll also post it here to get reactions now.

My prediction for next season's Arya story is that Sam and Gilly will be sent to Oldtown and they will make a stop at Braavos just like in the books. And Arya is going to get on that boat and travel with them to Oldtown, and Arya will replace Jaqen in the Faceless Men infiltrate the Citadel plot in the books.

I think Mel is getting shipped back to CB due to her comment about burning Shireen and will then be available for the Ides. I also think Mommy dearest will take it upon herself to burn her. I'm blanking on the episode number, but when Selyse and Mel were having that nudity quota bathtub scene, Mel tells her she is strong enough to look into the flames for herself. If Stannis starts to falter, I could totally see Mommy starting a bbq thinking she's serving the lord of light, and saving the realm, ect