[Book Spoilers] EP507 Discussion

Ran

Cersei's speech to Tommen of "I'll burn cities to the ground" made me swallow. I'm starting to think that GRRM has D&D put a few foreshadowings of the books in each season to tease the readers as well.

This is not the first time she's said it either - IIRC, once to Tywin last season, talking about him wresting control of Tommen, once again to Jaime this season talking about Dorne. Looks like Cersei going batshit crazy and zapping King's Landing out seems like a very likely event in the future.

Edited by Nobody of the canals

He's not very well cast if he's Aegon. A lot of ages in the show are variable. But Aegon is definitely older then Jon, Dany and Robb.

At worst case, Aegon should be their age (Rob and Jon, probably a few months/one year older than Daenerys). With those three actors being casted in their mid twenties, and Tristane as a teen, it doesn't make sense for him to be Aegon. As cool as it would have been!

Saying that, why on Earth he and Myrcella are geting this much time on screne. Every time I think that they binned Aegon and Arienne for these two irrelevant characters, I feel sad. Heck, even, Quentyn was more important than them (though completely pointless in grand scheme of things).

With Tristane != Aegon theory, I wonder what people think for Daario == Euron theory. Could that be the reason why they're postponing the Ironborn story?

Cersei's speech to Tommen of "I'll burn cities to the ground" made me swallow. I'm starting to think that GRRM has D&D put a few foreshadowings of the books in each season to tease the readers as well.

That she will actually try and burn the city to the ground? Or that maybe she is a Targ?

Here is what I propose regarding the Sansa marries Ramsay Bolton and gets pregnant idea.

In Martin's original pitch letter to his agent, I believe Sansa was supposed to marry Joffrey and have his children. Despite the esculating conflict between the Starks and the Lannisters, Sansa ends up siding with her husband's family (Lannisters) because of her children. Obviously, Martin deserted this idea, but perhaps a seed of it remains. Perhaps Martin (and/or D&D) will let this particular character conflict and plot twist play out with Sansa's marriage to Ramsay Bolton. I fear Sansa may end up becoming Cersei II and will fight to protect her own child no matter what kind of monster he may become. This storyline would perserve the idea of one of the Stark children siding with their enemies because of having their children.

I am not saying that Sansa won't get rid of Roose, Walda, and Ramsay, but I think it is possible that she wouldn't welcome the appearance of Bran and Rickon with complete joy. After all, how would the North that is loyal to the Starks feel about the child of the Bolton betrayers? I would not be surprised if a major character conflict for Sansa is protecting and securing her child's best interest or standing up for the Starks and getting revenge on what has happened to them. It might not be in her child's best interest to make a huge issue of the fact that her child's paternal family was full of traitors and sick bastards.On the other hand, Sansa may want to distance her child from both the Bolton and the Stark legacies and create a new name and house for herself. The question is how will the blood tell in her child?

What sort of child would a Stark/Bolton be? The Starks have that "wild" wolf streak in them and the Boltons show a genetic propensity for being mean, cold, and twisted jerks. How many sins, how much evil is a mother's love able to cover? I don't think we will get to see Sansa's child (if it ever comes into being) reach adulthood, but I think we all know that he or she could make Joffrey and Ramsay look like pussycats. I could go down several diverging paths but this is one I thought of this morning that I didn't think had seen too much discussion.

Why is everyone so against Shireen people being killed? There are even people who will stop watching the show???

This attitude (longing for happy ends) is responsible for so much bad, cliche writing in the world of tv/movies....

As Tyrion would say: if you're longing for happiness and justice, you're watching the wrong show. I wouldn't mind Shireen being burned alive. (Precisely because she is very lovable, it would be memorable. I don't think it would be inconsistent with Stannis character either. He seems to love his daughter, but not like modern fathers love their daughters. He speaks to her once a month. And he loves his victory also. It wouldn't be bad writing imho if he decides to go along with Melisandres plan).

His little brother Aegon. He became king

I thought his name was Aerys !?

Aegon V "Egg" was Aemon's youngest brother. He became King after Daeron and Aerion were both dead and Aemon refused the throne. In the show, Aegon is the father of Aerys II, the Mad King. In the books, he's his grandfather.

That she will actually try and burn the city to the ground? Or that maybe she is a Targ?

That she might pull a wildfire plot. Those pyromancers were making wildfire before the battle of the blackwater. What would have kept them from replenishing their stocks after it?

No, regardless of whether or not she'd be Targ in the books (a theory which I think is sketchy at best), the TV series will never go there, it'd confuse the casual, unsullied viewer far too much.

Edited by The Emberheart

At worst case, Aegon should be their age (Rob and Jon, probably a few months/one year older than Daenerys). With those three actors being casted in their mid twenties, and Tristane as a teen, it doesn't make sense for him to be Aegon. As cool as it would have been!

Saying that, why on Earth he and Myrcella are geting this much time on screne. Every time I think that they binned Aegon and Arienne for these two irrelevant characters, I feel sad. Heck, even, Quentyn was more important than them (though completely pointless in grand scheme of things).

With Tristane != Aegon theory, I wonder what people think for Daario == Euron theory. Could that be the reason why they're postponing the Ironborn story?

Long time reader/lurker, first time posting.

Merging Trystane/fAegon makes some sense until you look at the actor playing Trystane. He looks just like all of the other Dornish characters, olive complexion, curly black hair. Unless they dye his hair and curl it, I don't buy it. A lot of the actors and actresses don't really have the family features described in the books, but there is some attempt to make them look like their book counter-parts.

Daario = Euron: I don't buy it in the books, but it makes sense for the show. 93 ships, asking Dany to marry him, seems they've been telegraphing that.

A sudden appearance of Aegon would confuse the unsullied viewer far too much, also I don't think they can squeeze that into two more seasons, don't forget that both Westeros will likely get a ruler AND the white walkers will be fought. They can't spare airing time for an Aegon plot, the same as they wouldn't for Stoneheart.

Long time reader/lurker, first time posting.

Merging Trystane/fAegon makes some sense until you look at the actor playing Trystane. He looks just like all of the other Dornish characters, olive complexion, curly black hair. Unless they dye his hair and curl it, I don't buy it. A lot of the actors and actresses don't really have the family features described in the books, but there is some attempt to make them look like their book counter-parts.

Daario = Euron: I don't buy it in the books, but it makes sense for the show. 93 ships, asking Dany to marry him, seems they've been telegraphing that.

Did they ever say in the show that Aegon had Targ coloring? I can't remember. Obviously, he did in the books, but on the show they could say he inherited Elia's coloring, like Rhaenys. Or they are coloring it, like Faegon's blue hair, but that would mean that Trystane already knows who he supposedly is.

I am obviously just speculating and don't know how it would ultimately play out but it is suspicious that both Aegon and Arianne are cut, but not Trystane, when it seems the storylines of the former two serve a purpose in the plot, while Trystane exists as a reason for Myrcella to be in Dorne.

They have to create a reason for Dorne to be on the opposite side of Dany, don't they? Where is the Dance of the Dragons without Faegon?

Why is everyone so against Shireen people being killed? There are even people who will stop watching the show???

This attitude (longing for happy ends) is responsible for so much bad, cliche writing in the world of tv/movies....

As Tyrion would say: if you're longing for happiness and justice, you're watching the wrong show. I wouldn't mind Shireen being burned alive. (Precisely because she is very lovable, it would be memorable. I don't think it would be inconsistent with Stannis character either. He seems to love his daughter, but not like modern fathers love their daughters. He speaks to her once a month. And he loves his victory also. It wouldn't be bad writing imho if he decides to go along with Melisandres plan).

While I agree with the first part, I don't see Stannis letting anyone harm Shireen. Most likely, he dies/is wounded, Mel kills her to resurrect him.

Add the WoS, Jon's assassination or something and Sansa's pregnancy, and the Internet will melt with episode 10

Shireen is not going to get burned.

Because if that would be the case, they would have to kill Davos before they could kill her(he is her protector), but we know "they"(Stannis troops) are not going to kill Davos because he is running with them across Stannis camp(trailer scene), which is burning.

My theory up until now has been that Stannis camp burning means Dragon Fire, and I still think that this is by far the most likeliest possibility - especially considering the recent revelation about Jon returning to the Wall in E9 as opposed to E10 - however there is yet another possibility;

Stannis refusing to sacrifice Shireen, and then Mel - either alone or with the help of Brienne - kills Stannis, and then uses his blood to create a big fire show in the camp, so she can escape to the Wall.

So we are going to see in E9 either Drogon destroying Stannis camp, or Mel destroying Stannis camp.

I also find it unconceivable that people whine about Sansa not being empowered or getting stronger. Why should she be getting stronger? What's the problem with her continuing to be a victim?

You here this "argument" over and over and over again. "Now, she's a victim again!!!!" But why is that bad writing? It's much more bad writing, when she develops into a completely different personality within two or three years, starts taking revenge and kicking ass all the time....

Did they ever say in the show that Aegon had Targ coloring? I can't remember. Obviously, he did in the books, but on the show they could say he inherited Elia's coloring, like Rhaenys. Or they are coloring it, like Faegon's blue hair, but that would mean that Trystane already knows who he supposedly is.

I am obviously just speculating and don't know how it would ultimately play out but it is suspicious that both Aegon and Arianne are cut, but not Trystane, when it seems the storylines of the former two serve a purpose in the plot, while Trystane exists as a reason for Myrcella to be in Dorne.

They have to create a reason for Dorne to be on the opposite side of Dany, don't they? Where is the Dance of the Dragons without Faegon?

Trystane made the cut because they had to betroth Myracella to someone in Dorne. I don't know how much more he'll contribute to the story in the show, but we've yet to see Doran's Fire and blood plot unfold, so you may be right.

What I'm trying to figure out in all of this is where is Varys, and how is the show going to depict his involvement in the marriage pact with Doran. I wonder whether he went back to Pentos to regroup with Ilyrio, if he is continuing on to Mehreen to meet Dany without Tyrion, or if he is slinking back to Kings Landing to murder Kevan and Pycelle.