[Book Spoilers] EP507 Discussion

Ran

Sam already told Jon last season that sex doesn't break the night's watch vows

Do you even watch the show? I mean that nicely? I mean like rematch it over and over to ensure you fully understand?

Sam told Jon that taking a wife was breaking vows, but having sex basically falls into a grey area if you really want it to. He never said it was breaking vows, just questioning what the vows really mean. The whole point of my statement was that Gilly is using her body to get Sam to get her away from the wall.

She could have left any time but her and Sam cobbled up some feeble excuse about it being dangerous beyond the wall and all that jazz, and she is afraid to go without him now.

Do you even watch the show? I mean that nicely? I mean like rematch it over and over to ensure you fully understand?

Sam told Jon that taking a wife was breaking vows, but having sex basically falls into a grey area if you really want it to. He never said it was breaking vows, just questioning what the vows really mean. The whole point of my statement was that Gilly is using her body to get Sam to get her away from the wall.

She could have left any time but her and Sam cobbled up some feeble excuse about it being dangerous beyond the wall and all that jazz, and she is afraid to go without him now.

Or, you know, she loves him...

The HS can both play the game of thrones and be a good man. I think he's smart enough to realise he and nobility need each other. I think I need to quote Sirius Black: people is not divided in Good guys and Death Eaters. The HS does feel he needs to do something about those hundreds of men and women who have been the real victims of the war. At the same time, he needs to let the people in power to know he has power too. That's why Cersei fall. She made herself a very easy target. There is no way he could have targeted Jaime or Margaery. Jaime is a man warrior and Margaery has the power of the Tyrells.

People often forget Lancel was very young when he started to have sex with Cersei. And it wasn't only the sex. She made him kill Robert. That's a lot of guilt to carry around for someone that young. It's not like he was a seasoned warrior at that age as many other characters. He was just a squire. Not all victims are female. Male victims of abuse are not different from Lancel: how they can react is unpredictable. In fact, there is one episode of House in which a teen had sex and became a preacher out of guilt. He even claimed to talk to God or something.

Will you stop making so much sense???

And not sure why the R&R thread got locked. It didn't look like there was any beef. Did D&D lock it becuase creatively, it made sense to them because they wanted it to be locked?

Will you stop making so much sense???

And not sure why the R&R thread got locked. It didn't look like there was any beef. Did D&D lock it becuase creatively, it made sense to them because they wanted it to be locked?

I'm guessing they just locked it because the new episode is on the way and for the length of it.

That said, I had just written a huge post and when I tried to post it I couldn't :pirate:

I watch the show. I've read all the books. I will continue to watch the show til the bitter end (even though it's more and more of a slog this season). I watch it for entertainment - the swords, sex, and political machinations. It's not high art or supposed to be held to any sort of moral imperative. But, I suppose the difference between me and the "most viewers" you cite is that I'm not entertained by rape as a terribly overused, catchall mode of character development. It's lazy writing and makes for sub-quality, boring, and offensive television.

Please just stop. If you're offended by the scene, fine. Many others were too, and that's perfectly fine of course. It's terrible. Stop making stuff up to try to argue with though. Its lazy, and all it does is stir the pot and gets people to talk about rape. I come here to discuss the show. Sansa's scene and the other sexual assault scenes have been discussed ad nauseam. We don't need people like you making up things to keep it going. I disagree with just about everything you said, but agree to disagree. I'm sick of this. It's a made up, fantasy TV show based on extremely graphic books. Enough. Edited by johndance