[Poll] How would you rate episode 507?

Ran

How would you rate episode 507?  

642 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Gave it an 8. I think it was overall solid. The only thing that really pops out as subpar was the almost-rape as a device to get Gilly to straddle Sam. I think Bronn's scene with the Sandsnakes was actually solid and I suppose it means he now owes them which could be interesting.

I also think they followed up Sansa well. She's portrayed as traumatized but she's still got reserves of strength which I think is consistent with how she's been written and portrayed. Ramsay's a step or two ahead of her at the moment, but Brienne is clearly there as a wild card no one knows about, and someone who they made a point of having Sansa reject when she thought she was safest following Littlefinger's plans. Theon selling Sansa out also remains consistent with Reek- if he didn't cut Ramsay's throat when he heard Robb died, he's not going to light a candle for Sansa and get himself killed. My question is- do they have enough time left to get theon to the point where his retaking himself will be believable? Not sure, which is why I suspect he might die this season after a singular act of redemption to help Sansa escape.

What a difference a week makes. Thoroughly enjoyed that. I gave it a 9. But again, what was the whole point of Dorne apart from showing us Tyene's tits? I'll have a re-watch and may lower my vote, but at the moment I've probably given a high mark out of sheer relief - lol. Some decent dialogue tonight. Jonathan Pryce gave a chilling performance.

9. I really enjoyed this one. A lot of great stuff, and nothing I hated.

What I liked:

- "Egg, I dreamed that I was old!" - YES!!!

- Sohpie Turner's acting - I'm still not wild about what's happening with her story, but her contribution just about redeems it. Fantastic stuff.

- King's Landing - Brilliant. From Olenna getting floored by the High Sparrow, to Tommen (showed another side to his acting ability), to Cersei's imprisonment. All had excellent atmosphere and on-point acting.

- Stannis see's what Melisandre really is. This felt like a huge turning point for the character. Unfortunately the significance of Stannis being asked to sacrifice his daughter was lost on the Unsullied, given they've never explained the Azor Ahai origins story. However, Stannis's horror at Mel's suggestion was conveyed expertly, exquisitely. One of the best scenes to date.

- The Dornishmen's wife. We got a snippet of the song last episode, but we got the punchline this time, and it was brilliant.

What I wasn't wild about:

- I feel like they're missing opportunities with Sansa. There are moments where she could be manipulating him, and instead they're just making her snark Ramsay, which really just makes her situation worse. Again, poor writing.

- Bronn's poisoning. Someone explain to me the point of giving him the antidote. Seriously. That scene made no sense. Was that supposed to gain his trust? Is Bronn now going to betray Jaime? if so, it was a very clumsy way of doing it. Once again, poor writing.

9/10

Time flew with this episode and that's always a good sign for me.

They really nailed it with Jonathan Pryce as the High Sparrow, he has been one of the standouts of the season.

Sand Snakes still a waste of time except to fill the boob quota which stops this from being a 10.

Hopefully this is the start of a strong run to the finish with the last 3 episodes to go. Given what is to come, I am optimistic.

9/10 was amazing.

One thing I kind of didn't like was Olenna looking not as smart as she should be. She's still amazing though.

And the biggest issue ever. How did Gilly carry Sam to his bed from the floor? LOL Everything else was amazing!

EDIT: Sansa though! I thought she was amazing this ep except for when she was crying in bed. That scene with Theon though and the next EPISODE where she says she can do to Theon what Ramsay did to him. What I didn't like was her line "rescue me."

We all know by now she's gonna rescue herself. Yes Theon will have a part in it but not without Sansa.

Edited by Yela

This episode almost made up for the BS that was last week. I give it an 8. Some stuff was dumb as shit like Sand Snake business, but other stuff was gr9. "Egg, I dreamed i was old!"

That was...yes.

Don't you think the meet of Tyrion and Danny so underwhelming?

7/10 for me. It's all too disjointed. This season...idk. Longer it goes, the less I like it, which is the same response I had to the last two novels. I watched it with a friend and ended up explaining everything, and finally, it was, like...yup, that's the North, see the snow? and yes that's Meereen, different continent and all, but the short dude is a Lannister, and whoops, KL!! and now it's Dorne, nice boobs, and and we're back in Meereen, and that's KL, oh look LF, and Tyrion spoke to Dany! Daario is right, she should kill them all, and KL and Cersei and the HS, and the connections between these characters? Well...

It was difficult, but that's what they have to work with.

7/10

Nothing was bad, I thought they were gonna make us wait until the end of the season for the meeting between Tyrion and Daenerys, glad we'll be able to see them talking.

Dorne got a little better but we need more Doran. Why having such a good actor for a character we do not see at all ?

Lena Headey was amazing during this episode and made the King's Landing`s stuff really good. MORE OLENNA

I have no idea why everyone seems to love this epsiode.. probably it's just me but it felt like a lot of filler but then again I can barely watch Sam and Dorne was useless again so that was a big part of the episode I didn't like.

I did like Stannis and the end. The couple meeting Dany.. well not sure what to make of it yet.

+7.

It was good, even paced, and had its moments.

Really nice all the settings of the sept, I really liked the brief interchange between Dormer and Headey. Winterfell, minus what they're doing to the plot, was neat as well.

The weakest of course was Dorne, specially the jail scene. Like, thanks for letting us now that one of the sand's snakes (nobody remembered her name) was skilled at showing her boobs... and poisoning and then healing people. Just :mellow:

Jon going up to Hardhome is another wtf, but at least everything is getting prepared for the big finale, so it was ok overall.

The Meereen scenes... They keep portraying Tyrion and Jorah as cartoon characters... I hope they change that next chapter.

I was so-so on this episode but I thought it finished very strong. First, Tyrion FINALLY meeting Dany, something that should have happened in the books aleady. Second, the performance of Jonathan Pryce, who absolutely killed it as the High Sparrow.

I'll go 8, as it took a while for this episode to find it's footing and I wasn't a fan of some of the storylines.

Best episode hands down.

Meeren stuff was fantastic,Aemon and the Wall good too,Mel's craziness about sacrifice and Cersei's downfall is about to begin.Love it.Tyrion meeting Dany is just a cherry on the cake.Oh yeah and another conenction between WF and the Wall.So either PL is there in some form from Sansa or Sansa will escape and head there to CB without it.We'll see.

Edited by Lord Friendzone

I have no idea why everyone seems to love this epsiode.. probably it's just me but it felt like a lot of filler but then again I can barely watch Sam and Dorne was useless again so that was a big part of the episode I didn't like.

I did like Stannis and the end. The couple meeting Dany.. well not sure what to make of it yet.

Filler? The couple meeting Dany? Have you read the books?