[Poll] How would you rate episode 507?

Ran

How would you rate episode 507?  

642 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

One thing I would've loved though is for Cersei to have had guards before she gets taken down. Would've loved to see her try to resist first and be in the middle of a mini fight scene with her guards and the faith militant looking all frightened BEFORE she gets taken down, finally. It would've made her capture more satisfying for the viewers.

I mean she ALWAYS has guards with her even when she's just going to Margaery and her handmaidens. And the time she gets to be imprisoned is the time she forgets to bring her guards with her?

EDIT: Unless they weren't allowed to be in the great sept. which is a shame

Edited by Yela

my first vote above a 5. unfortunately even if every episode picks up from this one, it has been the most mediocre of seasons GoT provides thus far (in my opinion)

at the current pace, a certain something will happen on ep. 9 on the pit, and a certain something in the night will happen on ep. 10, leaving a 11 month hiatus for tv show unsullied to wonder what his fate will be, and book readers 11 more months of hoping to have WoW come out before - and thus be back at the front of the line before season 6 premieres

It's a fricken TV show. Each season would take two years to produce if they only put 100% completely crucial stuff into each episode.

D&D have made several questionable decisions In Terms of the plots direction, but u arm-chair directors have completely lost credibility. You'd be stammering and star struck if u were on the set calling the shots.

Get over yourselves!' :lol:

Edited by Bannerman23

One thing I would've loved though is for Cersei to have had guards before she gets taken down. Would've loved to see her try to resist first and be in the middle of a mini fight scene with her guards and the faith militant looking all frightened BEFORE she gets taken down, finally. It would've made her capture more satisfying for the viewers.

I mean she ALWAYS has guards with her even when she's just going to Margaery and her handmaidens. And the time she gets to be imprisoned is the time she forgets to bring her guards with her?

She thought she was safe with the High Sparrow.

I see your point tho. She probably would've had somebody with her

It's a fricken TV show. Each season would take two years to produce if they only put 100% completely crucial stuff into each episode.

D&D have made several questionable decisions In Terms of the plots direction, but u arm-chair directors have completely lost credibility. You'd be stammering and star struck if u were on the set calling the shots.

Get over yourselves!' :lol:

Only thing better than an arm-chair director is an arm-chair critic :dunno:

GRRM's world is realistic but it actually shies away from that. If GRRM really wanted his world to be 100% real, the NW would be full of boy being raped by older men. It doesn't stretch my imagination at all because the books never go into it; it's another excuse of the show to have a violent scene. It was also just rather filler-y. If it wasn't Gilly and Sam's first time (which I thought it was...) then again, what was the point of the scene if these two are already having sex? This is an hour long show that is trying to cover 2 books (AFFC and ADWD). So taking 10 mins (or so) for a scene that is pretty pointless is just that...pointless.

I guess it's going to set up Alliser Thorne sending Sam (and Gilly) to Oldtown. Throne removes the last of Jon's loyalist (Edd might not approve assassination, but he doesn't approve of teaming up with the wildlings and everyone else died in battle) and has something to pressure Sam to leave if he hesitates: Gilly would get raped sooner or later, so he better take her south with him.

She thought she was safe with the High Sparrow.

I see your point tho. She probably would've had somebody with her

No weapons allowed inside the Sept of Baelor or something, there you go. Which is what happens in the books. Give her an armed guard, and that guard will cut through dozens of unarmed septas

Can this show get any more misogynistic?

What do we need after the much-maligned Sansa rape? Why, we need Sansa telling us she's being routinely raped now and begging for help, followed by Gilly virtually raped (and then bewilderingly horny - she must be into it, amirite?), followed by meaningless sexualisation of Tyene in a scene that focussed more on her tits than her face..

Edited by pukelman

A two and that is being kind.

Also this.... "My name is Maximus Mormont... heir to an island in the west, husband to a cheating wife, vassal to a headless lord, kidnapper of a bearded dwarf... and I will have my vengeance ... in this life or the next."