[Poll] How would you rate episode 507?

Ran

How would you rate episode 507?  

642 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

The High Sparrow totally made this episode. His scenes with Olenna and Cersei are the best. I was worried the faith storyline would lose it's effect without the kettleblacks but the show managed to pull it off. Also surprised that the first sand snake scene with nudity ended up being their best scene yet. Psycho Tyene jumped from background scenery to be the most interesting of the three so far. If Tyene and her poisons become important in the story later on (When she's in KL), then this was a good enough way to establish that. There may still be hope for Dorne after all.

8/10. In my opinion, on the same level as the first four or so, not as good as #5, and better than #6.

Great to see Tyrion meet Dany. No idea where it'll go from here, but I'm happy.

Given the circumstances they've put her in, I think Sansa was handled well this episode. Nice to see her playing the cards she's dealt, something that was woefully lacking the previous few episodes. This episode, she's a tough and smart woman in a terrible situation, so fine. I'll just try to forget how on earth she wound up in this terrible situation.

The fact that visibility was about 10 meters when Theon was trudging to the tower highlighted the, um, oddness of the "light a candle in the window" plan.

I enjoyed pretty much everything in King's Landing, especially the final scene with the High Septon and Cersei. I also enjoyed his scene with Olenna, although really that character should have been smart enough to recognize that some people out there are genuine (fanatical, but genuine).

I loved Tommen's callback to Joffrey's behaviour. Similar words, but sorry kid, you're just not as murderous as your brother.

Tyrion introducing himself to Dany made me very, very, very, very, very, very, very happy.

But man, the plot holes: did I miss the reason Cersei ordered Littlefinger to immediately come back to King's Landing? Olenna asking him that just made the problem worse. And did I miss what on earth Ramsey was doing having his lunch up there? With, um, candles in the window that would presumably trigger whatever Brienne's action is going to be. And nameless guy suddenly deciding to let Tyrion go. Again, was there a reason for that?! "Duh, this slave is trying to set himself free. My job is control slaves. OK, I'll let him go!" I initially guessed that by some extreme coincidence the guard was going to be the guy from the Aerie's sky cells back in Season 1, but that head-canon was punctured within a second or two. And what on earth is going on with the fighting pits - surely Dany would require them to have a "beg for mercy" rule.

Did I mention that Tyrion meeting Dany made me happy?

EDIT: I guess I missed a step in the Winterfell scene - I'd assumed that Ramsey was in the broken tower with the window, waiting for Theon to fall into the trap. But I guess that was a misdirect and Theon didn't actually go to that tower. Oops.

Edited by Hiram McDrogon

This gets a solid 9/10 and is easily the best of the season. Jonathan Pryce is fantastic as the High Sparrow, and Olenna has finally met her match. Cersei's comeuppance was done quite well too, and I imagine it'd be a huge payoff for shownlies. And I like that they pared down Tyrion's Essosi travelogue from the books - and it's a major plus that they finally had his meeting with Dany. Looks like the wheels are finally turning, and this show should hopefully kick into overdrive in the last 3 episodes (and hopefully those wheels don't break).

Edited by Jabronius Maximus

Ramsay continues to make skin crawl as he flays it.

Lady Olena and the high sparrow scene was great.

The meeting of Tyrion and Daenerys felt like a triumph. I just hope seeing it in the show doesn't ruin its impact in the books. if it happens of course. (obviously it will)

"Egg, I dreamed that I was old"

There's plenty to nitpick, but i'll save that for the other thread.

Save to say, The Dorne scenes still seem to serve no purpose, but they've got to be building to something, right? If nothing else at least Bronn survives, and we got to hear Jerome Flynn's finish his beautiful rendition of "the Dornishman's Wife"

It's no "up on the roof", but, i'll take it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5V8ecsrxeY

Not my favorite this season but a lot I liked. Compared to the great episodes they've done before it's just an 8, but that's by game of thrones standards, still thoroughly enjoyable and well done.

Can this show get any more misogynistic?

What do we need after the much-maligned Sansa rape? Why, we need Sansa telling us she's being routinely raped now and begging for help, followed by Gilly virtually raped (and then bewilderingly horny - she must be into it, amirite?), followed by meaningless sexualisation of Tyene in a scene that focussed more on her tits than her face..

Whether Sansa states she's being abused by ramsay nightly or if we just assume that she is, what's the difference? We all know she is. All of Winterfell knows she is. It was a logical response to Theon!Reeks statement about how Ramsay will hurt her.

Eh. Easier to make it a mysoginistic/agency/sexist issue I suppose. That appears to be all the rage these days

Whether Sansa states she's being abused by ramsay nightly or if we just assume that she is, what's the difference? We all know she is. All of Winterfell knows she is. It was a logical response to Theon!Reeks statement about how Ramsay will hurt her.

Eh. Easier to make it a mysoginistic/agency/sexist issue I suppose. That appears to be all the rage these days

You act as if they're making a documentary. They SCRIPTED these events. They chose to depict a rape at the end of last episode, and then use all of Sansa's time in this episode to dwell on her bruises, weeping, misery, helplessness. They have chosen to make this Sansa's story for the season.

This is why it's offensive. They've turned one of the major show characters into another (needless) expression of 'Ramsay is a psycho'. They simply would not do this with e.g. Tyrion or Jaime.

Can you honestly say Sansa has played any part in this season that is not secondary to Littlefinger or Ramsay's stories? Do we have any idea what she really wants, plans, thinks? Her scenes are all simply reaction scenes.

You don't have to be a feminist conspiracy theorist to be disappointed that they've chosen the shock value of rape and violence against women over an actual storyline with characterisation, plot, motivation etc.

And good Lord, following that immediately with Gilly's rape? It's starting to look like fetishism.

10/10 mainly for three things Tyrion/Dany+Jorah/Dany reunion,Aemon's line about Egg and HS/Cersei conversation.I love look on her face when she knew what is about to happen.There were other awesome scenes,but these three things stood out for me.

They were just practice pits for the slave owner

Ah that makes more sense.

The High Sparrow totally made this episode. His scenes with Olenna and Cersei are the best. I was worried the faith storyline would lose it's effect without the kettleblacks but the show managed to pull it off. Also surprised that the first sand snake scene with nudity ended up being their best scene yet. Psycho Tyene jumped from background scenery to be the most interesting of the three so far. If Tyene and her poisons become important in the story later on (When she's in KL), then this was a good enough way to establish that. There may still be hope for Dorne after all.

High Sparrow has been brilliant this season. Nice to see some Sand Snake development.

I gave it a 5. A definite improvement over last week, but I felt the pacing was off. Some scenes seemed really rushed while other scenes dragged on. I would rather have not had the Sam/Gilly scene and have the time used for better paced Stannis/Melisandre scene.

The season up to now has had some very good individual scenes, but has never seemed to produce great individual episodes due to the duller scenes contained within, or downright diabolical as with Dorne.

I think it came alive this episode though, everything, even Dorne, worked and those first twenty minutes as winter comes to the North were brilliant IMO.

3/10
Pros

I liked some of the high sparrow scenes, his actor really nails it. Jorah getting rejected made me laugh. Also Tyene Sand is hot.

Cons

Sam and Gilly scene was cringeworthy. Also why is Ghost still here?

Tyrion and Jorah was pretty bad. Seriously that guy just took Tyrion kicking him?

Even though Tyene Sand is hot that scene was still bad and her nudity served no purpose.

I don't think that Stannis will go through with it but really this is the best way you can make him likable refusing to kill his daughter?

The flayed woman scene was pretty bad especially since it looked really fake. Personally I do think Sansa is a better actress than Arya though I doubt many people here agree with me.

I know I had a lot more but at the moment I can't recall it