[Poll] How would you rate episode 507?

Ran

How would you rate episode 507?  

642 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Grow up. Its not gonna happen on the upper arms during sex maybe some other time, prior after

It depends on how easily someone bruises, how hard you are holding them and the position you are in. It's totally possible, I don't understand why you think it isn't? Do you need me to draw a picture, or link to a still image of people coupling in the necessary position?

9 of 10.

It was great to see a well-choreographed fight again, and Ser Friendstone looked every bit the pit-fighting champion I expect him to be.. without even killing anyone. I adored the part where he took out the swirling ball-and-chain guy by tossing a sword at his face. Kinda hard to keep the rhythm while flinching, apparently.

Sam can take a punch, but he really should have tossed the sword to Gilly.

Yes, the Dorne scenes are useless. The acting is bad, no characterization, there's no way those plans could have worked out, and every other reason why the Dornish plotline has been a shambles.. but Lord of Light, Tyene has a sweet rack. Unless Doran has something useful to say to everyone, they may be the one thing.. er, two things.. that justify the Sand Snakes inclusion.

Reek is Reek. There is no one named Theon here. If your plans depend on a brainwashed Greyjoy, you're going to have a bad time.

Hi, Cersei.. may we introduce you to your new friend (and cellmate), Karma? I know you've probably never met.. the world of GRRM doesn't normally include "What goes around, comes around". But in your case, we've made an exception. One smirk too many, I'm afraid. I hope those "satisfactory conditions" work out for you and that dress. If you need anything.. like a punch to the face, or some hair pulled out.. just ring for the Septa.

It depends on how easily someone bruises, how hard you are holding them and the position you are in. It's totally possible, I don't understand why you think it isn't? Do you need me to draw a picture, or link to a still image of people coupling in the necessary position?

enough already ?

so, still seems quite busy in here, considering how many were never watchjng again, EVER.

The Jeff albertson collective has a bit of activity, although im sure nobody has gone back on their solemn vows...

anyone make a list that we can check off?.

4/10

I've done a lot of housework while it lasted and that tells me more than anything else. There is nothing there to grip me and there should be. Some dramatic things have happened - like the arrest of Cersei or Jorah reaching his beloved again. Or Melisandre telling Stannis she wants to burn little Shireen or Ramsey abusing Sansa and flaying a random old woman. Or Sam and Gilly having sex. Or Aemon dying. And Aemon is my favourite character. I should care, but it was all bland.

Why? Because the writing is so poor that direction cannot achieve drama. I have written a lot about it already. So, I have nothing to add.

I have a strong feeling actors who are dying feel an enormous relief they are leaving this mess of a show.

4 points are given to those who stay and lady Olenna who was the only one who managed to maintain any level of acting.

-6 points to nonsensical plots and actions like Sansa asking Theon to help her, Melisandre revealing her plans to Stannis, writers introducing Aegon V for no reason making Aemon a senile old bat. Sam having sex after his ribs and jaw were broken. The whole Dorne stupidity and nudity. High Spparow's long and pointless rants. Jorah beating the shit out of everyone in sight. Tyrion trying to get himself free from the chains. And so on... Yawn, yawn, yaaawn.

Edited by Modesty Lannister

4/10. No scene that I thought was really well done. Tyene's scene was terrible - the number of different shots of her boobs, just embarassing. Stannis' army stopped because there is some light snow - okay, maybe hard to show deep snow, but still. Gilly being almost raped and Sam almost killed, and nothing happens? What was the point of that scene, apart from giving Gilly the hots for her protector? And the deserters in Stannis' army went ... where? Jon has the ships, WF and CB are no places to run to. There is no place to go to ... At least they took some time for Aemon's death and Cersei's arrest (although the scene, sorry to say, is better in the book, but I'm happy if this worked for the unsullied watchers).

I'll change my mind if the coming episodes reveal that LF set up the brothel on purpose to later make the Faith Militant happen - I was half expecting him to reveal this to Olenna.

Edited by Gargarax

4/10

I've done a lot of housework while it lasted and that tells me more than anything else. There is nothing there to grip me and there should be. Some dramatic things have happened - like the arrest of Cersei or Jorah reaching his beloved again. Or Melisandre telling Stannis she wants to burn little Shireen or Ramsey abusing Sansa and flaying a random old woman. Or Sam and Gilly having sex. Or Aemon dying. And Aemon is my favourite character. I should care, but it was all bland.

Why? Because the writing is so poor that direction cannot achieve drama. I have written a lot about it already. So, I have nothing to add.

I have a strong feeling actors who are dying feel an enormous relief they are leaving this mess of a show.

4 points are given to those who stay and lady Olenna who was the only one who managed to maintain any level of acting.

-6 points to nonsensical plots and actions like Sansa asking Theon to help her, Melisandre revealing her plans to Stannis, writers introducing Aegon V for no reason making Aemon a senile old bat. Sam having sex after his ribs and jaw were broken. The whole Dorne stupidity and nudity. High Spparow's long and pointless rants. Jorah beating the shit out of everyone in sight. Tyrion trying to get himself free from the chains. And so on... Yawn, yawn, yaaawn.

:agree:

She is taller then him, you don't restrain someone where their hands are still free that means holding the wrist. If you are gonna grab the biceps, you would easier grab the neck, shoulders, hips or wrist. During that act

We all bruise easy less so upon muscle.

If is possible it happened prior of after, but not during it makes no logical sense. Forcing restraint doesn't really happen like that there at that time. Unless of course he grabbed her prior

She had no real other bruising anywhere seen at all

Let not continue it was bad concept, bad showing, making no real sense. Immediately she continuously taunts him, but had sprung up tormenting Theon earlier.

The way he just carried that candle, what?

Edited by Johnsmith

I totally loved this episode. A very strong 9 for this one. I loved all the scenes but Jorah and Tyrion again stole it for me. Jorah was so under used i the last season It's great to see a talent like Iain Glen's being used to his full potential. For me Iain Glen is the star of the season. :)

Jorah was so under used i the last season It's great to see a talent like Iain Glen's being used to his full potential. For me Iain Glen is the star of the season. :)

It's great to see him playing off a different actor. I'm fine with Emilia Clarke's acting, but for four seasons we mostly saw Glen just interact with her - it's wonderful he's been given a chance to work with someone else. (And I'm also looking forward to Dinklage pulling the Meereen material up a bit.)

All the actors though, all of them, the reason I continue to watch, bland and bored. No more soul in their acting.

Sansa is far too changed for my taste.

Melisandre should wear her fucking scarlet. There is a reason she is the red woman and not the violet bitch.

points for actually using "Egg".

As a poster before me said, Olenna lost her IQ. As did the others.

Tommen's actor is a joke. Really. Acted like in a Schiller or Lessing play. Absolute joke. Was waiting for a drum and trumpets before the curtain fell.

Really, the Lannister recasts are just bad. The actors they had before were a one in a million. They looked and acted exactly like in the source material. Now they changed it for that. :rofl:

4/10

next time just turn on the radio instead.

This was radio already. And a boring one. Also, I do not understand your need to give me an advice (and I'm not even going to characterize the advice). This is an evaluation thread. I evaluated the show. I did not rant about those who think differently. I advise you to do the same.

Don't let this attitude continue here. please. This is a thread in which people rate the show and give reasons for their rating. But apparently, there are people who think you should only rate if you love it unconditionally. That is not necessary - there are threads for hate and love, but this one is kind of about both.

Didnt like the gratuitous boob scene nor Sam and Gilly scene, FFS Sam should have been comatose after the beating he took. Aemon's death was a damp squib apart from the Egg line. Sansa is now just a vehicle for Reek and Ramsay arcs- this is so unlike GRRM's writing of female characters. I've really noticed the lack of source material for the scriptwriters in this series. Cersei being flung into a cell was good. Iain Glen really is a great actor, loved the Jorah fight scene. Tyrion knocking seven bells out of that guy was simply ridiculous and unnecessary-they jumped the shark a bit there. Don't think AA is doing justice to Theon, a limp, downcast eyes and tousled hair do not make a broken man.