[Poll] How would you rate episode 507?

Ran

How would you rate episode 507?  

642 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Have to disagree here. QoT is the only person to figure out the HS and it only took her one conversation.

You mean she understood after he basically spelled it out to her? He literally told her his deal. She wasn't smart, she was just a listener. She has ears.

I'm tossing up between an 8 or a 9/10. I enjoyed most of the ep. I have offically given up on Dorne though.

Jorah is most likely a gonner next ep :(

KL was well done. I was very pleased with Cersei's arrest and LF/Olenna scene. Olenna and the HS was also great.

WF was a bit meh for me though. As was the Stannis/Mel scene. It was nice to have the theory of Shireen being burned thrown in and Stannis saying no but didn't really do much for me. (Not sure if it's the fact Balon is not dead or the acying but the scene felt wrong)

Glad Sam and Gilly happened. Not so happy with the near rape/ fight. But we got to see Ghost!! Which is always a plus.

Dany... hmm Meereen was ok. Glad Tyrion and Jorah have seen Dany but I'm so worried about Jorah's fate now.

Think I'll give it an 8 but may up the vote after a rewatch.

This was radio already. And a boring one. Also, I do not understand your need to give me an advice (and I'm not even going to characterize the advice). This is an evaluation thread. I evaluated the show. I did not rant about those who think differently. I advise you to do the same.

you neither seem to be hate watching ( curious leisure activity but seems popular in these parts) but equally obviously you dont get much enjoyment out of watching it: "bland", " writing so poor" "yawn yawn yaawn"

As you are able to get inside the heads of the actors, who apparently are "enormously relieved to be leaving this mess of a show", let me also do some mind reading and hypothesise that you would be enormously relieved to throw off the burden of watching this mess.

Don't let this attitude continue here. please. This is a thread in which people rate the show and give reasons for their rating. But apparently, there are people who think you should only rate if you love it unconditionally. That is not necessary - there are threads for hate and love, but this one is kind of about both.

You can rate it whatever you like-god knows people do. But if you decide to write the equivalent of a fake yawn, well then some polite challenging of that narrative is and should be appropriate.

if challenge is not your thing thhe septon of the faith rant&rave is not too far away.

+ Egg, I dreamed that I was old
+ Stannis telling Mel to fuck off, hoping we get the "Pray harder" in episode 9
+ Alfie Allen
+ Sansa's and Ramsay's talk about bastards
+ Jon Pryce
+ Finally Ghost
+ The slave auction block
+ YEZZAN ZO QAGGAZ!!!
+ Malko telling that Jorah fought with a flaming sword, killed Drogo and other exaggerating
+ The fighting pits scene reminded me from Gladiator
+ High Sparrow and Cersei
+ Tyene's breasts (her acting is still crap)
+ Tormund swag
- Why no Roose???
- Why no Doran???
- Ghost didn't go with Jon, damn, there have been dragons almost in every episode, but Ghost doesn't appear at all. I wanted to see him at Hardhome
- Sam and Gilly's sex scene was so awkward, but at least it was from the books
- Myrcella's teen angst crap
- Why did that guy free Tyrion?
- Sand Snakes boasting with their fighting skills, come on: All I have to say to that is this: i.imgur.com/UPcmC7b.gif
- Apart from Tyene's breasts and Bronn's singing the whole scene was pointless and boring
- Tyene is a cunt
- Why bother casting Yezzan, unless he does something later on
- No Roose

I'm expecting Hardhome to get a 10.

You can rate it whatever you like-god knows people do. But if you decide to write the equivalent of a fake yawn, well then some polite challenging of that narrative is and should be appropriate.

if challenge is not your thing thhe septon of the faith rant&rave is not too far away.

Your comment wasn't a challenge, it was simply a childish answer to a well-explained opinion. This is also the wrong thread for challenges.

The poster above me names 13 things he liked and 12 he didn't like, but gives it a 9. I don't really understand this, but wouldn't think of trying to discuss this with him. Because he rates by his standards and they are none of my damn business.

Edited by Gargarax

Im giving it a 10 solely because of those tits.

The rest of the episode was great too.. but those tits, bro.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. 11/10

I agree with your profound analytical approach. The results of your deep study of this particular episode necessitate that I give you two thumbs up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by midi

Your comment wasn't a challenge, it was simply a childish answer to a well-explained opinion. This is also the wrong thread for challenges.

The poster above me names 13 things he liked and 12 he didn't like, but gives it a 9. I don't really understand this, but wouldn't think of trying to discuss this with him. Because he rates by his standards and they are none of my damn business.

I can sometimes give episodes 3x + and 10x - and still give it a high rating. Why? Because the + was that much more "heavier" than the -. Here's a real world example of this logic: I go to a club, socialize with my friends, pick up a pretty girl and get laid. 3x +, right? Well, unfortunately at the club I lost my crappy phone and broke my glasses, and on the way home the next day I stepped on dog poo, was stung by a bee and forgot to buy milk. 5x - ... I'd still give all that 9/10 because the plus, although fewer, completely outweighs all the minuses in my mind.

Edited by midi

A great improvement over last episode, but that wasn't hard at all.

I've given it a 6. Perhaps it deserved a 7, since it had many good parts, but there are some storylines that I can't just longer stand.

I can't buy any single scene of Sansa's desperation when I recall that she decided to go there, to obtain revenge. Now she wants to flee? So what was that? A short vacation trip to get to know the Boltons? There's also every scene Littlefinger. At some point he's stopped being someone with a mysterious hidden agenda to become someone who teleports around Westeros and acts randomly in order to move forward the plot.

At least now we know why they casted the Sand Snakes. In Episode 4 we discovered that it wasn't for their acting skills, and Episode 6 certainly confirmed it wasn't for their fight coreographies. But who cares: the tits were nice.

Edited by The hairy bear

EVERYTHING outside of rant&rave group therapy is subject to challenge.

my comment might have been short but it was exactly calibrated to the doth protest too much, studied ennui of the comments to which it referred. I dont know anyone in real life who continues to watch a programme that so thoroughly BORES them as this poster suggests.

8/10, leaning closer to 7 than 9.

There were plenty of very good scenes, including some long overdue ones like Tyrion meeting Dany, but I was kinda bored by most of the first half of the episode. Granted, at least part of that was because I wasn't watching live last night under my usual circumstances, I watched this morning, on HBOGO, while dealing with a massive hangover. So it just wasn't the event that it usually was. Still, despite that, I think I would've had problems with the WF stuff no matter what.

I was bored.... I dunno, I just feel like nothing happened. And whatever did happen was somehow not right (or I couldn't see it, because proper camera lights are for the weak).

Now, here's the NW. Jon decided about ten thousand ages ago that he's going to the wildlings. Accordingly, Stannis made decisions, brothers keep frowning and one feels like Jon is already gone and will be back some time. But no, Jon only just left. WTF.

Maester Aemon was a sweetheart, god bless his soul. The NW brothers try to rape Gilly (and nobody loses their minds, after all Gilly is just Gilly and not Sansa /passive aggression). Now I understand that this scene was supposed to present how Sam is finding his courage and how he still has friends (Ghost) in spite of Aemon dying, along with how uncontrollable the NW is getting these days. But it was way too long and while the end-result was extremely cute, it's rather stupid and reckless.

Stannis was fine.

Sansa and Ramsay. I had zero problem with this business up until now. But in all honesty, Sansa who's been a hostage at King's Landing for quite some time (let's not try to calculate it with Sansa aging 1 year and Tommen aging 5 years in the same span of time) tormented by Joffrey, married to Tyrion and survived and got out only because she knew how to act her part now proceeds to commission Theon who betrayed her family and is clearly the mentally broken puppet of Ramsay to help her escape from Ramsay. Not to mention that this same Sansa who knew Joffrey and now knows Ramsay goes as far as taunting Ramsay with the Roose Baby issue and calling him a bastard. This makes so little sense to me on every level... Is this supposed to be the StrongSansa arch? Because I think she only got stupid and reckless. I don't know who the flayed person was. The man Brienne talked to? The old lady?

South now. Dorne scenes as usual make zero sense. Honestly, what was the point of the Jaime-Myrcella exchange or Bronn not-dying? Complete waste of screen time.

King's Landing. This would have been alright if it wasn't so bloody repetative. Cersei goes Margaery on Margaery (whose reactions I couldn't see, because it's a luxury to use lights... all the makeup to make her dirty wasted...), Cersei goes Margaery on Tommen. Why twice the same thing? Olenna vs High Sparrow and Olenna vs Littlefinger were also variations for the same thing. (Not to mention that at this point, Littlefinger is a big fat nobody with no plan and no place as far as the show goes) Neither "Hateful bitch" nor Cersei's imprisonment got through to me.

Meereen was good. Daario and Daenerys were cute, Jorah and Tyrion was alright. There was one spark in the episode, when Daenerys and Tyrion looked upon each other. I thought Emilia Clarke pulled it off very nicely.

7/10

Questions: Where are we going?

Dilemmas: This season gives me impressions that the book haven't. The entire KL storyline makes me feel like a world, an order is slowly falling apart. I understand that in the book, this was the Lannister clan and no more. It was the Lannisters struggling to survive. But in the show it's the entire political order, society and way of thinking. That massive block of power that resided in KL has been chipped away by the little changes the show made. Even though they weren't present, I could still feel that Varys and Littlefinger are pulling most of the strings, along with the Faith rising to power, of course, but now Varys is nowhere, Littlefinger is nobody with plan, no (known) goal, Pycelle and Qyburn disappeared, Mace Tyrell is in Bravos, Kevan Lannister at the Rock, the City Watch disappeared, the KG basically doesn't exist. With Cersei imprisoned, the crown is basically nothing with a boy sitting in the Red Keep with literally NOBODY around. And this whole talk about the masses and the few and fear. The books haven't (yet) given me the impression that the time of the people has come and the previous political order is being demolished. I don't even know what I'm saying, it's just impressions I don't like having...

I can sometimes give episodes 3x + and 10x - and still give it a high rating. Why? Because the + was that much more "heavier" than the -. Here's a real world example of this logic: I go to a club, socialize with my friends, pick up a pretty girl and get laid. 3x +, right? Well, unfortunately at the club I lost my crappy phone and broke my glasses, and on the way home the next day I stepped on dog poo, was stung by a bee and forgot to buy milk. 5x - ... I'd still give all that 9/10 because the plus, although fewer, completely outweighs all the minuses in my mind.

crappy phone - 200$

glasses - 600$

socializing and getting laid - priceless

I want to have your bank account, please and thank you.

5/10. I wanted to like it more but the parts I had problems with sat in equal measure with the parts I liked.

Pros

- Winterfell. Sansa/Theon scenes were wonderfully acted, they've both come on leaps and bounds since season 1. Ramsay appropriately chillingly evil as always and just piling on the reasons to want this guy flayed himself.

- Kings Landing. Apart from the Martyn..err..Tommen scene, everything else involving the High Septon, Olenna, Marg, and Cersei were great. Jonathon Pryce has been such a huge plus this season.

- Aemon. Nice send off for one of the few characters who has been kept almost exactly the same as the books.

- Fighting Pit. It was a cool moment to finally see Tyrion & Dany meet. I enjoyed Dany's reaction to seeing Jorah and the look on Jorah's face when she said to get him out of her sight was great. Poor Jorah.

Cons

- The use of women on GoT. I'm getting pretty fed up with so many of the women on this show being either treated as damsels in distress or products of sexploitation. Melisandre, Sansa, Gilly, Tyene Sand, Missandei have all had changes in the books or introductions of scenes that have painted them in either of those 2 categories, it's unnecessary.

- Dany/Daario. Criiiiiiiiiinnnnnnge. It's the writing this time (mostly), dialogue was just incredibly lame.

- Slave trading. Why would this be taking place in some back woods in the middle of nowhere? Then all of a sudden teleported to the fighting pits in the blink of an eye.

- Dorne. Both the Sand Snakes/Bronn and Jaime/Myrcella scenes were practically pointless and a compete waste of screentime.

- Melisandre. I don't know why she would think Stannis would be willing to sacrifice Shireen. I don't even know why Shireen or Selyse would even be on this war march.

A two and that is being kind.

Also this.... "My name is Maximus Mormont... heir to an island in the west, husband to a cheating wife, vassal to a headless lord, kidnapper of a bearded dwarf... and I will have my vengeance ... in this life or the next."

:rofl: Stop. You're killing me! Edited by Dr. Qyburn

EVERYTHING outside of rant&rave group therapy is subject to challenge.

my comment might have been short but it was exactly calibrated to the doth protest too much, studied ennui of the comments to which it referred. I dont know anyone in real life who continues to watch a programme that so thoroughly BORES them as this poster suggests.

Dear me. People rate the show and give their opinions. If you don't like it that people who are bored by the show still watch it, fine, you are entitled to that opinion. Telling them to do diffrently is just plain silly and stupid, and has nothing to do with challenge. Think about those people what you like, but don't post your opinion about that that here. This thread isn't about that. Let's stop discussing this, please, and be nice.

6,5/10

Unlike many others, I didn't enjoy the episode as much - not the first half at least (Winterfell, Castle Black). It was just a big "what the...?!" for me. e.g. I really couldn't see any reason why Jon would leave Ghost behind.

The second half kind of saved it for me - I enjoyed the fighting pit scene and King's Landing was nicely done as well (except for Lady Olenna vs. High Sparrow....).

And Dorne....well, not a fan of Dorne scenes (mostly due to previous episode) and nothing really happened there, but Bronn was awesome as always.

7/10 High highs and Low lows . .

AS HIGH AS HONOUR .. . .

The Queen of Thorns and The High Sparrow . . . The High Sparrow with the Karl Marx comeback . . . .. The Queen of Thorns finally found someone who had integrity and who had not impressed her since she dealt with Lord Tywin Lannister. Great scene, Dave and Dan at their best . . The actors nailed it, teh director nailed it and it was awesome.

Jorah with Dany and Tyrion . . no messing around, no messy battle, here it is in a streamlined way . . . Jorah, Tyrion and Dany together again . . .

Cersei finally getting hers . . . . . . "I am the Kwwweeennnn!!!"

Littlefinger walking through his trashed brothel . . . looking actually for the first time in his life, hurt. It seemed like he cared about his chamber of secrets and realized how even in playing the game that power shifts on you . . to the unexpected. The Queen however did not know that he knew about her and Lancel and about Lancel killing King Robert . . . . oh Cersei!!! You outplayed Ned, Sansa, but the Tyrells and Littlefinger . . . they are above you! Good to see the three Septas as well, Unella, Moelle, Scolera . . .

Sam and Gilly getting it on . . . that was funny . . . and good to see Ghost as well . . . .

WE DO NOT SOW . . .

Another attempted rape scene . . . my goodness . . . . it is as Dave, Dan and Cogman don't get it . . stop with the rape and attempted rapes, the show has excelled on the TV total, even Law and Order: SVU think that the rapes and attempted rapes on GoT have gotten out of hand . . . .

DORNE . . .awful . . . Myrcella and Jaime awful . . . Bronn with the hottie Sand Skanks errr Sand Tarts errr Sand Worms . . . for the typical toss in a boob . . awful . Bronn should have died so Jerome Flynn's career will not suffer as a result for being associated with this catastrophe . . .

Death of Masester Aemon . . it full rushed and emotionless . . . . I know that is from not having a lot of screen time to develop his character in the last few seasons . . but it was rushed, good for him to get the funeral he deserved, not in a rum barrel but burned as a Targ should be . . .

What are Sam and Gilly going to do now? Hang out with Ghost? Someone has to send Sam to Old Town and Gilly has to get outta there . . .

I thought Arya would be giving it to Ser Meryn this episode but ran outta time . . . .

The Winterfell Story Line . . a bruised Sansa telling Reek to help her . . and what does he do? Get the old lady flayed . . . . that is it . . Sansa is a pawn, this doesn't help develop her character at all and things will go from bad to worse for her . . . . she's a pawn . . Dave and Dan have ruined her character

Stannis finally seeing Mel for what she is . . . Mel wants Shireen . . . she wants her life to be sacrficed as Nissa Nissa was . . . as Khal Drogo was for Dany . . . typical, plain and lame.

The show has just seemed to jump the shark, this episode has high highs, but was so bad in so many areas and the season seems to be heading down the rails of Season 2 where nothing can save it . . . there are three episodes left, thank goodness to put this season, likely the worst season of GoT ever out of its misery . . or maybe the final three will be so awesome, it will make the first seven worth it . . we shall see . .