[Poll] How would you rate episode 507?

Ran

How would you rate episode 507?  

642 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

EVERYTHING in literature happens because "the plot needed it to". This isn't remotely a criticism of anything.

Why did Jon Snow have brown hair instead of silver? Because the plot needed him to.

Why did Dany survive the pyre? Because the plot needed her to.

So yeah...the plot needs Dany and Tyrion to meet. It will happen in the books, the show has simply beat them to it.

and i for one was happy with how that meeting went down...i am an old man i need some resolution before i die...

and now i can check that off my list dany and tyrion meet and my money is on him flying back to westeros astride a dragon

The Stannis scene? him bringing up the leeches made me wonder whatever happened to Gendry?

oh i think i remember, Davos cut him loose right?

well i guess he should have tacked starboard instead of port...or perhaps like varys, he has discovered the magical pissing tree that has had the blackfish in its grasp since the red wedding

Bronn being saved has to be some sort of future blackmail or something. It's the only thing I can think of to make it have any kind of purpose.

i believe as others do that perhaps the "antidote" is short lived and must be replenished from time to time, thus making bronn a virtual slave to the sand sisters

I wish we could see less flaying, torture, rape and brutally graphic deaths. This show doesn't need all this "shock value" to be good. I find it quite demoralizing to think that producers might believe we as an audience need it to be satisfied.

ok i don't get this...the books are jam packed with all of the above, and my imagination has always produced worse imagery than what finally showed up on screen...

and in just 3 short seasons deadwood had more tits more killing, though less flaying...and backed it up with feeding people alive to mr. wu's pigs..all backed by the cocksucker soundtrack...oh yeah and don't forget the degenerate tit-licker...

as always these are just the random opinions of a salty old asshole...feel free to disagree

edited because even sober i can't spell for shit...

:smoking:

Edited by rocksniffer

5/10 - and that's mostly because it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting after last week...

+ Cersei getting arrested was okay. I'm glad they included the septas, although they look out of place considering that the Sparrows have been so male-dominated up till this point.

+ The High Sparrow is actually putting in some great performances. His dialogue is way too modern but he sells it anyway.

+ Aemon's death was, again, okay. It could have been so much better but it also could have been so much worse.

+ This seems like a pretty unpopular opinion but I think Jon's storyline has been paced quite well so far.

+ Dany didn't feed anyone to her dragons... That was nice. She was only slightly out of character instead of completely, so yay...

- Another attempted rape scene. WTF is wrong with the producers?

- The colour and lighting are still horrendous... I could barely see any of the indoor scenes.

- Daenerys and Daario have no chemistry.

- The Queen of Thorns saying "shagging" really pulled me out of her scene with the High Sparrow... Not to mention how hamfisted his "we are the 99%" speech was.

- Tommen wants to kill all the Sparrows? Lol ok, what's stopping him?

- Dorne........... OMG what an embarrassment. I don't know how many people here watched the show when it first premiered, but back then it was actually considered an intelligent TV show about political intrigue, even if it was mocked for its sexposition. Let me assure you that no one would accuse GoT of being intelligent after watching the Dornish scenes LOL.

- Stannis continues to be horny for Melisandre...... ok. Then she suggests burning his only child and heir and he barely even reacts?? He doesn't even ask how or why sacrificing Shireen would help..... WTF. Who the fuck is gonna stick around and support a king who just burned a child alive? WHO WRITES THIS SHIT?

- The meeting between Dany and Tyrion really should have carried more emotional weight, but at least they gave some ok performances.

- Not sure why Jorah killing people made Dany sit back down. The writers are idiots.

... Ok looking back at my positive ratings, I kind of sound like Reek. "Oh D&D tortured me but at least they didn't FLAY me this time!"

Grow up. Its not gonna happen on the upper arms during sex maybe some other time, prior after. Almost anywhere and everywhere else. but upper arms that works the best how?

A yucky gross point but a lack of concept shown.

What's your deal?

You know he's probably been throwing her around quite a bit. That's right about where you'd grab someone if they were standing in front of you. Why'd the bruises have to come from sex

5/10 - and that's mostly because it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting after last week...

+ Cersei getting arrested was okay. I'm glad they included the septas, although they look out of place considering that the Sparrows have been so male-dominated up till this point.

+ The High Sparrow is actually putting in some great performances. His dialogue is way too modern but he sells it anyway.

+ Aemon's death was, again, okay. It could have been so much better but it also could have been so much worse.

+ This seems like a pretty unpopular opinion but I think Jon's storyline has been paced quite well so far.

+ Dany didn't feed anyone to her dragons... That was nice. She was only slightly out of character instead of completely, so yay...

- Another attempted rape scene. WTF is wrong with the producers?

- The colour and lighting are still horrendous... I could barely see any of the indoor scenes.

- Daenerys and Daario have no chemistry.

- The Queen of Thorns saying "shagging" really pulled me out of her scene with the High Sparrow... Not to mention how hamfisted his "we are the 99%" speech was.

- Tommen wants to kill all the Sparrows? Lol ok, what's stopping him?

- Dorne........... OMG what an embarrassment. I don't know how many people here watched the show when it first premiered, but back then it was actually considered an intelligent TV show about political intrigue, even if it was mocked for its sexposition. Let me assure you that no one would accuse GoT of being intelligent after watching the Dornish scenes LOL.

- Stannis continues to be horny for Melisandre...... ok. Then she suggests burning his only child and heir and he barely even reacts?? He doesn't even ask how or why sacrificing Shireen would help..... WTF. Who the fuck is gonna stick around and support a king who just burned a child alive? WHO WRITES THIS SHIT?

- The meeting between Dany and Tyrion really should have carried more emotional weight, but at least they gave some ok performances.

-. Not sure why Jorah killing people made Dany sit back down. The writers are idiots

... Ok looking back at my positive ratings, I kind of sound like Reek. "Oh D&D tortured me but at least they didn't FLAY me this time!"

he is not killing people ...he is just taking them down without butchering them thats why she sat back down

This was a well-done episode compared to the previous one. I admired the directing by Miguel Sapochnik which transformed some passive and dialogue-based scenes into atmospheric and movie-like scenes that did not feel boring at all. If they had decided to adapt AFFC/ADWD material like this, it would have definitely been better for the show. It is a shame that they can't write an episode properly, without logical errors and facepalm moments. 7/10.

Edited by RadoLukacs

Bronn is in a Dorne holding cell and he's relaxed as ever and still singing songs...I like how the SS used her sexuality to increase Bronns heart rate to move the poison along yadda yadda but what was the point of giving him an antidote? Is it really an antidote?

you neither seem to be hate watching ( curious leisure activity but seems popular in these parts) but equally obviously you dont get much enjoyment out of watching it: "bland", " writing so poor" "yawn yawn yaawn"

As you are able to get inside the heads of the actors, who apparently are "enormously relieved to be leaving this mess of a show", let me also do some mind reading and hypothesise that you would be enormously relieved to throw off the burden of watching this mess.

Not as much as not reading your insights.

I liked the downfall of Cersei, everything else, not so much.

Cersei/High Septon, and Jon's departure scene worked. Everything else was OK to bad.

The attack on Sam/Gilly seemed unnecessary to me, and the Ramsey/Sansa scene's this week certainly only reinforced that last week's episode didn't need to have been portrayed that way. Sand Snake scenes weren't as bad as the previous ones (though that's not saying much). Mereen/Jorah/Tyrion scenes were just OK.

I give this episode a 4. First five episodes of this season were all better. Not as horrible as last week; but, in general this has been a good show, and this episode really was sub-par compared to all the others.

Bronn is in a Dorne holding cell and he's relaxed as ever and still singing songs...I like how the SS used her sexuality to increase Bronns heart rate to move the poison along yadda yadda but what was the point of giving him an antidote? Is it really an antidote?

Could be a temporary antidote.. which locks him into helping the Sand Snakes escape. For either business or pleasure, at some point his heart is going to speed up again...

Strongest of the season. 7+

Tommen and Cersei scene dragged and I just wanted it to be over. And the Dorne bit was pretty horrendous as well, although I do like breasts and the actor who plays Bronn. Still...they really need to write better Dorne scenes. It's so disappointing.

Overall, even with all the differences, best episode this season.

Could be a temporary antidote.. which locks him into helping the Sand Snakes escape. For either business or pleasure, at some point his heart is going to speed up again...

Why would they need him to escape? Aren't they supposed to be like super bad ass? :dunno:

- Not sure why Jorah killing people made Dany sit back down. The writers are idiots.

This is a really good point. I thought of it while first watching, but then it must have slipped my mind. I almost thought they must have been going for a, "wait a minute, I recognize the way that guy walks/moves" or whatever, but then if she was wondering if it was him, that theory flies out the window when he removes his helmet and she is disgusted.

Maybe she was excited to see a knight from her homeland fight? Either way, sloppy writing, as you said. Great point Pat.

This is a really good point. I thought of it while first watching, but then it must have slipped my mind. I almost thought they must have been going for a, "wait a minute, I recognize the way that guy walks/moves" or whatever, but then if she was wondering if it was him, that theory flies out the window when he removes his helmet and she is disgusted.

Maybe she was excited to see a knight from her homeland fight? Either way, sloppy writing, as you said. Great point Pat.

Jorah killed no one. He disabled all the the other fighter with flair and skill.

Like Dany couldn't recognize Jorahs clothes? I mean shit! He's been wearing the same threads since Season 1

Edited by abacabb