[Poll] How would you rate episode 507?

Ran

How would you rate episode 507?  

642 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Overall, much better quality episode in a rather subpar season. I'm prepared to give this episode 8/10. Dorne, again, was represented by two pointless scenes. There is no substance in that "plot" whatsoever.

King's Landing is a delight as always. The rest is all interesting as there is some more divergence from the books.

Best of all, Jonathan Pryce stole every single scene. The man is a legend.

I enjoyed it overall, but somethings still irk me like how Sansa has gone from the supposedly more intelligent "playa" we saw at the end of last season to a scared little girl again. Similarly, Olenna having a sudden reduction in IQ and why the hell the Tyrells wouldnt just storm these guys holding clubs and take back their heir?

7/10

Recycling the plots is getting tedious. We already had a scene with Sansa looking at an old women who was killed by her abusive husband in S1. D & D's fanfic plots are just straight up copies of plots that have already happened. The Winterfell arc is really bad and full of plot holes & inconsistencies.

Jonathan Pryce was amazing this episode. What an actor!

Olenna was great too.

I'm getting worried about Stannis.

I gave it an eight out of 10. Outside of the plot holes most of it was good with the Sand Snake scene, while being an improvement for those characters, being the only thing that was really bad as others have noted. I like the guy playing the High Sparrow but he is much more radical in the TV show. He had bascily admitted that he wants to overthrow the whole system, which would be good until you consider the alternative. I'm not sure about LF or how he has anything to do with Lancel. Does LF have another young guy like Gendry stashed away somewhere?

I gave this episode a 10. It's probably the strongest of the season thus far, and I can't think of any serious problems with it. I'm not sure if the Bronn/Tyene will ultimately serve any purpose to story, but it was nice the see Sand Snakes getting a bit more characterization.

7/10

Dorne is terrible. Maybe they should've cut it altogether.

Unnecessary scene with Ghost/Sam/Gilly. Ghost should be with Jon.

Jon is asking for death, ranging beyond the wall, sandwiched by wildlings, NW rangers with dubious loyalty, white walkers, snow, and WITHOUT Ghost. It's kind of like his book counterpart except without warnings from Melisandre.

The Tyrell subplot is generally great. Except it doesn't make sense that Littlefinger gets to roam around freely. The High Sparrow would've arrested him without second thought. There's plenty of evidence for him peddling flesh. It doesn't make sense that Margaery got thrown in a black cell either just for lying!

Great episode bar ...

... talk about handing your critics victory on a platter with yet another (almost) rape scene. They should have just had Sam & Gilly getting closer in the sad wake of Aemon's death without the need for yet more sexual violence to precipitate it.

Other than that, I can't be the only one to have noticed than an episode called The Gift where gifts/suprises of all kinds are very much the theme started with a close up on a horse's mouth.

Clever nod to the proverb, no?

8/10

One of the better episodes, final scene with the High Septon was a 10/10, it was very satisfying to see confident Cersei lose and get locked up. Other than that, rest of the episode wasn't anything special although the other High Septon scene was good. Best part of this season so far is the High Septon and his actor and to a lesser extend Theon and his actor.

Edited by Qhorin Halfhand and Yoren

Best episode of the season.

Hardly any special effects or fight scenes (Jorah aside), means more concentration on story. It was a slow burner but a return to form finally.

Even the bad Sand Snakes scene was miles better than all the other awful Sand Snakes scenes so far.

I actually really enjoyed this episode, despite the aftermath of the last one. I think they chose the actors for the Sand Snakes particularly well - The Brave/Bold eldest, the Smart middle one and the Young tease. I really enjoyed the interaction with Bronn. Really hoping that she did give him the antidote and not something far worse. We really do need to keep those few characters who have the amusing lines to keep the series from getting too serious.

As for Theon, he did exactly what I knew he would but I must admit that there was a moment of hope that he would at least try to disobey Ramsey.

Finally, my favourite bit was Tyrion meeting Dany for the first time. I know it never happened in the book but it was a meeting I've been wishing for, for ages. I can't wait to see more of these two!

problem is, with some story acrs beeing crippled and twisted (Sansa, Bron+ Jaimie rescue brothers especially) forever, its tough to go from there.

6 or 7 is the max u can award here imo, even thought there was some good in it.

thing is, my expectations are still high and i refuse to watch GoT as a 0815 mediocre hollywood trash series (even thought it turns more and more into that)

As much as Dorne gets (rightly) shit on, I thought that was actually a decent Sand Snakes scene. Finally we see one of them using their sexuality, and Bronn makes everything better.

Don't like Olenna's lower IQ on the show, but that's really the only gripe I had this time around.

A lot of book purists are passionately against the Winterfell stuff, but I can't help but be captivated by it. Putting Sansa in place of Jeyne was genius... I wasn't too invested with what was happening there in the books, but I care a lot about what is going on there in the show. [/unpopular opinion]

Cersei's incarceration was awesome. Tyrion meeting Dany was awesome. Can't believe that happened with three episodes left to go. Really excited to see where they go with that.

By far the best episode of the season for me: 10/10.

Really excited for the Hardhome stuff next week, and just two weeks away from another Episode 9.

I enjoyed it overall, but somethings still irk me like how Sansa has gone from the supposedly more intelligent "playa" we saw at the end of last season to a scared little girl again. Similarly, Olenna having a sudden reduction in IQ and why the hell the Tyrells wouldnt just storm these guys holding clubs and take back their heir?

because she is smart enough to know that an all out battle on the steps of the sept isn't going to help. For what her son is charged with, he is guilty.