Where do we go from Here? Gifts for everyone! (spoilers galore)

Fragile Bird

Well, I have to say that was one of the most satisfying episodes this season.

No mention of fat pink masts, but Sam and Gilly get there without a sea voyage. And, btw, Egg, I dreamed that I was old, was as sad as I always imagined. But how do Sam and Gilly get out, now that winter has come? Stannis is bogged down, surely they can't beat winter?

We seem to have moved way past ADWD with the Daenarys and Tyrion finally connecting. Will we see much more before the season ends?

Cersei and Margaery are back on track, but what happens to Loras? In the books it seems he's at death's door, which we all suspected was just a ploy, but maybe the High Sparrow is the one who kills him off instead? And does anyone still think the High Sparrow is Howland Reed in disguise after that performance, or just a very, very strict-interpretation head septon? Very Luther like, stripping out the glitter and getting back to basics?

More gratuitous nudity, and while I'm glad to see Bronn doesn't look like he'll die after all, that seemed like a very unlikely thing for a Sand Snake to do for an enemy. Before a killing, yes, not after. What's in store for Bronn? Anyone want to bet he finds Dorne to his liking and he and Jaime go their separate ways down the road?

What will happen to Shireen? Will Stannis hold out, or as things get worse....

And speaking of getting worse, I don't recall that Theon betrayed Jeyne Poole like that. Not ready to remember he's not Reek yet. So what will turn him? Or will he, will this be a major plot change?

Littlefinger, burning both ends of the candle. Doesn't that mean he'll get burnt eventually?

Where do we go from here?

The Stormcrows leaving Stannis...makes no sense that they would be in Westeros. That entire exchange only make sense imo if you take it as foreshadowing that Daario is going to betray Dany for a pot of gold. Maybe not this season, but eventually.

Not sure what to make of that Bronn scene. Either that antidote didn't cure him completely, in which case he will need more and the Sand Snakes will retain leverage over him, or Tyene is going to straight up seduce him into helping the way Arianne seduced Oakheart. Bronn doing something stupid over lust for a chick is kinda silly imo, so I would prefer that he does what he does because he needs more of the antidote to survive.

I cannot imagine Stannis giving up Shireen willingly, especially not after that heart to heart he had with her this season. Mel will burn her on her own, without Stannis' permission.

Sam and Gilly are definitely going South imo. We will get Oldtown for sure next season.

Based on the preview and episode synopsis for episode 9, Sansa is not done with Reek. She is going to continue to pressure him until he snaps out of it and becomes Theon again. I don't know what she will say or do that convinces him though...in the books Mance promised him death and that motivated him. Maybe Sansa will promise the same?

Don't know what to make of LF anymore. Why make Cersei promise to appoint him Warden of the North if he is then going to help get her arrested? Maybe he will get the same promise from the Tyrells, that way, no matter who wins between Cersei and Marg, LF will still be in position to get what he wants. That's my best attempt at making sense of his strategy here, assuming D&D actually put thought into giving him one....

I suspect Cersei will win her trial and overcome the Faith Militant thanks to Robert Strong. She might even burn KL down to destroy them, I am a strong believer in that theory in the books as well. Her line to Tommen tonight about burning cities would seem to strongly support her doing it eventually. Not sure what will happen to the Tyrells when Cersei makes her move. Death by wildfire seems likely.

So, can someone check this for me? When I watched the next week preview, I swear I see Mance drawing a sword flashed for a half second at the very end of the next week preview. I have no idea how they can explain that happening, but I want to believe so bad. The Comcast remote isn't good enough to get it paused at the right time, so I can't tell 100%

More gratuitous nudity, and while I'm glad to see Bronn doesn't look like he'll die after all, that seemed like a very unlikely thing for a Sand Snake to do for an enemy. Before a killing, yes, not after. What's in store for Bronn? Anyone want to bet he finds Dorne to his liking and he and Jaime go their separate ways down the road?

This has just made it occur to me that, while I don't really care what happens to show Bronn (cause personally I'm wishing his screen time was being given to other characters this season), I actually did like show Lollys. She was nothing like book Lollys and we only got a short clip of her, but I liked her. I was rooting for her. I wanted Bronn to kill her sister's husband and send her mean sister who picked on her to KL (totally over-reaction, but knowing that was the book plot, ya know...). I wanted Lollys to get her happily ever after!

So basically:

1. I'm shocked by how much I actually sympathized with such a minor-minor character

2. I think the above is likely, but I really hope not for Lollys' sake.

So, can someone check this for me? When I watched the next week preview, I swear I see Mance drawing a sword flashed for a half second at the very end of the next week preview. I have no idea how they can explain that happening, but I want to believe so bad. The Comcast remote isn't good enough to get it paused at the right time, so I can't tell 100%

The preview is up on Youtube. If you switch to the HTML5 Youtube video player you can change the play speed to as low as 0.25, which shows every frame basically. I looked at the trailer doing that and didn't see Mance. There was a greybeard wildling who kinda looked like him at first glance I guess, but upon closer inspection I don't think it's him.

The preview is up on Youtube. If you switch to the HTML5 Youtube video player you can change the play speed to as low as 0.25, which shows every frame basically. I looked at the trailer doing that and didn't see Mance. There was a greybeard wildling who kinda looked like him at first glance I guess, but upon closer inspection I don't think it is him..

Thanks.

The guy's bald, although his facial features look sorta kinda similar to Mance's, but I doubt it's real. The shadow made it look like his hair at full speed. Too bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agWcTyXrjfM

Your guess is as good as mine about where it goes from here. We're moving into True Blood territory at this point. Ollie is obviously going to Caesar Jon. Sansa is going to turn on Little finger. Cersei's story is going the same way as the books. Dany is clearly going to take in Tyrion, and I'm thinking he may take on Barriston's book role, in terms of being her advisor.

At the end of the day, I can't picture Shireen being burned. I can't imagine the screams, I can't imagine her being tied to a stake. So for this reason (which, admiteddly, isn't much of a reason) I doubt she'll be sacrificed.

I've read the alleged synopsis for E9, tho, and it says something along the lines of: "Stannis faces a difficult decision." So I believe that will be the make it or break it for her (and her father). I suppose we'll find out in two weeks. :)

where do we go from here...

i agree that bronn only got enough juice to live not be cured...if i remember correctly there was no real cure for the poison...seems i remember them discussing it when the mountain was first brought in from his battle with oberyn

if red woman burns kid without stannis permission i believe he will kill her...we might actually get to see some passion from the cold fish...

i like this idea that daario will be one of the three betrayers...wouldn't mind seeing him get a little scorched, but i figure he will go down in the pit

is the sparrow howland reed....now that would be something, as of this moment i am leaning towards no...but that would be a shocker

...and hey don't be hatin on the gratuitous nudity...after all it is the only reason some of us watch..... ;)

Davos is obviously saving Shireen from being burned. Melissandre's head is going to end on Winterfell's walls. Balon Greyjoy will remain a godly man.

Brienne somehow gets to castle black with Sansa just in time for some stabbing.

Sam deserts the NW, Jon Snow falls in love with a redhaired white walker and gets stabbed.

Doran Martell does nothing. Bronn becomes a level 36 bard.

At the end of the day, I can't picture Shireen being burned. I can't imagine the screams, I can't imagine her being tied to a stake. So for this reason (which, admiteddly, isn't much of a reason) I doubt she'll be sacrificed.

I've read the alleged synopsis for E9, tho, and it says something along the lines of: "Stannis faces a difficult decision." So I believe that will be the make it or break it for her (and her father). I suppose we'll find out in two weeks. :)

Even if Stannis caves, I can't believe that Davos will not pull off a last minute save somehow.

Even if Stannis caves, I can't believe that Davos will not pull off a last minute save somehow.

I'm hoping this isn't the way it goes, but I'm thinking it's the most likely scenario. A large portion of Stannis' army threatens to abandon him if he doesn't make the sacrifice. He eventually begrudgingly and emotionally agrees. Shireen is seized to be burned, but Davos kills Melisandre at the last moment before she can do it. The shot we see of Selyse bawling her eyes out in the trailer is her mourning Melisandre's death.

No way in hell Shireen gets burned. Jesus, even for the most miserable fictional world ever created, she's the sweetest, most innocent character in the entire series with the most bad-ass dad who honestly loves her. No way. May as well have Ramsay show up with Rickon's head and throw it in Sansa's lap a minute later.

I will note that if Stannis captures Theon or Asha/Yara, there you go: king's blood. Also, they just burned a damn king six episodes ago and nothing happened.

Well, I have to say that was one of the most satisfying episodes this season.

No mention of fat pink masts, but Sam and Gilly get there without a sea voyage. And, btw, Egg, I dreamed that I was old, was as sad as I always imagined. But how do Sam and Gilly get out, now that winter has come? Stannis is bogged down, surely they can't beat winter?

We seem to have moved way past ADWD with the Daenarys and Tyrion finally connecting. Will we see much more before the season ends?

Cersei and Margaery are back on track, but what happens to Loras? In the books it seems he's at death's door, which we all suspected was just a ploy, but maybe the High Sparrow is the one who kills him off instead? And does anyone still think the High Sparrow is Howland Reed in disguise after that performance, or just a very, very strict-interpretation head septon? Very Luther like, stripping out the glitter and getting back to basics?

What will happen to Shireen? Will Stannis hold out, or as things get worse....

And speaking of getting worse, I don't recall that Theon betrayed Jeyne Poole like that. Not ready to remember he's not Reek yet. So what will turn him? Or will he, will this be a major plot change?

Littlefinger, burning both ends of the candle. Doesn't that mean he'll get burnt eventually?

Where do we go from here?

i read an old leak were shireen is apparently going to be sacrificed for jons life.

the same person who leaked this leaked bron little convo with the sandsnakes

Tyene will poison Tommen in season 6 (or even possibly by 510 if Doran sends them at KL to infiltrate the Faith / take his seat on the council). That's the reason behind showing she masters poisons.

By the way, so far, we got Obara's monologue and Tyene's sedcution, but nothing substantial from Nymeria (my personal fav out of the three). So I think we can expect a more fleshed out scene with her in 509 (dont seem like Dorne will be in 508).

Archived