Myrcella is the smartest Lannister...I shall marry Trystane Martell - beware spoilers abound

rocksniffer

Right - it's the break-up we are waiting for. It doesn't fully happen in the books until Jaime ignores and burns Cersei's letter for help after she is arrested. So we could see some similar break-up happening this next episode. And seeing Myrcella's necklace just might do it.

At least - I hope the break-up is still happening. It's part of Jaime's redemption arc. But they already did a grand job at screwing that up last season so who knows.

i agree they need him to kick her to curb for his arc to go the way most people want...but i don't think it was derailed last season, as most others do.

but i do think it will happen that if he gets a letter from cersei since i expect he will ignore it in favor of protecting myrcella...perhaps being in dorne with myrcella is the substitute for going after brienne,

eta: i also think that myrcella indicated in her words with jamie that she harbors anger toward cersei for sending her against her will, even though it was tyrion's action...and now that she has been there years (her words) she wants to stay and is old enough to flat refuse

just my opinions folks, feel free to disagree...

remember that as you light the flaming arrows

:smoking:

i agree that there is at least one more...the one tyrion gave roz here is a pic of roz with hers and cersei with hers only difference is myrcella's seems smaller, as it would be for a kid. here she is wearing it in season 2 but can't tell if she has it on when she leaves

from my inspection they are the same...so she lied to jamie, what was her purpose? to ge myrcella back or get jamie out of kings landing or get him killed?

i wonder if jamie brought the necklace with him. if myrcella was to say yes it is mine but i didn't bring it to dorne, or it was never mine...that could trigger jamie and cersei's complete breakdown and launch his search for brienne assuming that is where we go from here...

i believe myrcella will be on the throne or next in line by the end of episode 10

I bet anything Myrcella still has hers and the one Cersei used is the one Joffrey gave Sansa. Cersei probably took it from her things when Sansa fled after the purple wedding.

Myrcella is thoroughly irritating. i do think though that Jaime gets her back and is headed back for King's Landing, much to her dislike. I think she will be declared Queen next season as Tommen should be getting ready to "drop" before too long.

I think this fuels the theory that Myrcella will be the younger and more beautiful one from the prophecy

i could get behind this theory...i have always believed it wasn't marge or dany

Spoiler!

But she's not beautiful.

well since i am an old fart, it would be too twisted, even for me, to talk too much shite.. sufice to say that i think she is a beautiful young lady...as beautiful in a juvenile sort of way as cersei to be sure. i am basing my support of young queen theory on show actual appearance rather than book descriptions...which if i remember (never a certainty) were never that she was plain or not beautiful.

i could get behind this theory...i have always believed it wasn't marge or dany

well since i am an old fart, it would be too twisted, even for me, to talk too much shite.. sufice to say that i think she is a beautiful young lady...as beautiful in a juvenile sort of way as cersei to be sure. i am basing my support of young queen theory on show actual appearance rather than book descriptions...which if i remember (never a certainty) were never that she was plain or not beautiful.

I think Winter Rose Crown is talking about events in the books, which I forgot when witting that. It's a good point, but then again, it's an easy to hide thing.

i agree they need him to kick her to curb for his arc to go the way most people want...but i don't think it was derailed last season, as most others do.

but i do think it will happen that if he gets a letter from cersei since i expect he will ignore it in favor of protecting myrcella...perhaps being in dorne with myrcella is the substitute for going after brienne,

eta: i also think that myrcella indicated in her words with jamie that she harbors anger toward cersei for sending her against her will, even though it was tyrion's action...and now that she has been there years (her words) she wants to stay and is old enough to flat refuse

just my opinions folks, feel free to disagree...

remember that as you light the flaming arrows

:smoking:

So you don't think Jaime will be taking Myrcella back to Dorne? It's hard for me to picture Jaime going back but that's because I have the whole break-up arc in my head. So I could buy this, that he stays to protect her. This whole story has my head spinning though as there still is so little we know of Doran's intentions. I'm suspecting he will be heading up the Queenmaker plot but I don't know how that will work out as it is an outright rebellious act.

i disagree lannisters will want her to take usless tommens place and dorne will support her...

why wouldn't she be as good a queen as tommen is a king

i believe that with jamie on her side and dorne backing her she is the most powerful person in westeros to be queen

Why would Dorne who hates Lannisters support this stupid girl when they have a grown queen with bloodties to them and three fucking dragons? That's the very definition of political suicide.

The Martells have always been for the destruction of House Lannister, thinking otherwise is deluding yourself.

Also, with pretty much everyone knowing Cersei had no children of Robert Baratheon, the Tyrells, Baratheons, Martells and Targaryens garnering power and allies, no one would support her claim. Least of them Jaime who wants nothing with politics.

In the books even fArya pretty much has more to her name than the little girl Myrcella. And showwise we still have Sansa, Asha and Shireen with much more to their names than the dumb blonde myrcella

Why would Dorne who hates Lannisters support this stupid girl when they have a grown queen with bloodties to them and three fucking dragons? That's the very definition of political suicide.

The Martells have always been for the destruction of House Lannister, thinking otherwise is deluding yourself.

Also, with pretty much everyone knowing Cersei had no children of Robert Baratheon, the Tyrells, Baratheons, Martells and Targaryens garnering power and allies, no one would support her claim. Least of them Jaime who wants nothing with politics.

In the books even fArya pretty much has more to her name than the little girl Myrcella. And showwise we still have Sansa, Asha and Shireen with much more to their names than the dumb blonde myrcella

Bloodties? Maybe from a long time ago, but the only reason Dorne supported the Targaryens was because of Elia's marriage to Rhaegar. Now that they're both dead, and their kids seemingly dead, they're on their own. They might help Dany, but only if they get something out of it. If not, they have no reason to help the sister of Elia's husband who wasn't even around during Robert's Rebellion

man, where is the myrcella hate coming from dude?

i have read the books but according to the show, being a lannister bastard has not stopped two of her sibs from gaining the throne and marrying well...martells have hated tyrells and targaryens for longer than they have hated lannisters, so why not support myrcella to stop the tyrells or the targaryen rise to power. especially if myrcella then produces an heir to throne with dornish blood...i mean why else would Doran have accepted her in the first place and encouraged the engagement, if he was secretly against it.

the show hasn't shown any bloodties that i am aware of, but hey as a deluded old asshole, i might be wrong...i see in AWoIaF that there are two distant martell ancestors but also three arryns, and several tyrell bannermen...so i don't see how the martells are predisposed to support danerys and her 3 fucking dragons...especially since many in westeros still think the dragons are probably small and useless if they truly exist at all.

jamie's support is a given as far as i am concerned especially if tommen is killed

Its been spelled out to us on the show that at least Oberyn was unhappy with the Targs and Rhaegar in particular. On the other hand even though discussion about Dany has died down in Kings Landing compared to last season where it was referenced it the Small Council, I can't see how Doran leaves Dany out of his plans. I think if Tommen dies and Myrcella somehow inherits the Rock then that in itself, an alliance between Dorne and the West, would put Dorne in a good position. Up til now we haven't heard very much from Doran or what sort of plans he has in the show universe. So I thinks its better to reserve judgement til we have more info. I also think we have to consider Varys and what he is up to. Clearly he hasn't arrived in Slavers Bay before Tyrion like he should have, clearly we will get a twist involving Varys by the end of the season. It might involve the Tallisas family in Volantis or some sort of suprise we weren't expecting beyond what Varys did in the books.

So you don't think Jaime will be taking Myrcella back to Dorne? It's hard for me to picture Jaime going back but that's because I have the whole break-up arc in my head. So I could buy this, that he stays to protect her. This whole story has my head spinning though as there still is so little we know of Doran's intentions. I'm suspecting he will be heading up the Queenmaker plot but I don't know how that will work out as it is an outright rebellious act.

The show universe doesn't do a good job of even circulation of information. By even I mean what happens in Essos is reaching the wall, fine that is cool hurrahhhhhhh everyone is staying connected, it beats end of the show when people are going who is dany, what dragons are alive when did that happen, btw can someone brief me on what is white walkers or atleast how to spell them. But what happens in Winterfell doesn't reach Kings Landing, how many people saw LF walk in with Sansa but no this critical information is missing CONVENIENCE. The queen's arrest, queen's brother and queen mother arrested info doesn't reach Dorne. I mean it is only some members of the ruling royal family that are in jail, I mean why would the rest of the realm care this can't be important at all, that the king for practical purposes is deposed and KL is run by religious zealots no this is of no significance. So lets say this info reaches Dorne and Jamie finds out that Cersei is being accused of sleeping with Lancel and she confesses as well so yeah that will be it Jamie. I expect Jamie will never return to KL.

Can I say they have really dumbed down the importance of the Iron Throne in the show. I mean IT supposed to symbolize a source of power that everyone craves. In the show when I watch it feels like it means nothing no one respects it everyone is busy fighting their own wars, no one is talking about the Kings Law. Lannisters power is based only in KL and now they have lost that too sparrows are in charge, they have no influence on rest of the realm and no cares to follow their rule.

I think it's going to be Sansa.

it can't be either of them. The prophecy said the new queen will take away all cersei holds dear. What does she hold dear? Her kids and power. Joffrey is all ready dead, so the new queen has to be someone involved in his death. that makes it margaery.

So um, yeah, Doran has Jaime, the guy who was to busy slaying the king the Martell's supported to keep his oath and defend Doran's niece and nephew from the Mountain. (Note that I am playing this from Doran's perspective, not my own.) Do we really think Jaime is going anywhere that does not involve a pit filled with scorpions?

Myrcella won't be the younger and more beautiful queen. What about rest of the prophecy?

How is Myrcella responsible for Joff's death?

I think this fuels the theory that Myrcella will be the younger and more beautiful one from the prophecy

I want to believe it's Sansa. Is here any reference to Sansa being very beautiful? She is often compared to Cat and Cat ain't the most beautiful one for sure.

I think it's going to be Sansa.

Marg seems too straight forward. Although it may look like Marg took Tommen away from Cersei, she may not kill him. May be someone else may kill Tommen or be a part of it.

Cersei as of now thinks Sansa is as much responsible for Joff's death as Tyrion. She just needs little bit more crazy to assume so and we will have our most beautiful queen, Darth Sansa.

it can't be either of them. The prophecy said the new queen will take away all cersei holds dear. What does she hold dear? Her kids and power. Joffrey is all ready dead, so the new queen has to be someone involved in his death. that makes it margaery.

Archived