Myrcella is the smartest Lannister...I shall marry Trystane Martell - beware spoilers abound

rocksniffer

The question I have is, did they ever establish who sent the "package" to Cersei that motivated Jaime's Dornish caper in the first place? Is that yet to be revealed or did I miss something?

No it wasn't revealed yet. I was really hoping it would come up this episode because I really like the theory that Cersei did it herself. But Jaime just alluded to threats generally when speaking with Myrcella.

No it wasn't revealed yet. I was really hoping it would come up this episode because I really like the theory that Cersei did it herself. But Jaime just alluded to threats generally when speaking with Myrcella.

I thought it was obviously Ellaria.

Why not marry them straight away then? In the previous episode where they were together, Trystane was going to ask his father to let them get married? (I keep forgetting if they're not of age or some other thing in the show, since ages have been changed...)

That confued me too. I think she could marry since she is older than Tommen and he already got married. Don't know what they are waiting for... maybe Daenerys...

Well Maggy's prophecy for Cersei regarding her children was, "Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds" which implies that Cersei will outlive her children. :dunno: But I don't see Myrcella being crowned at all...

The question I have is, did they ever establish who sent the "package" to Cersei that motivated Jaime's Dornish caper in the first place? Is that yet to be revealed or did I miss something?

No, it wasn't; but I bet all my money on LF.

Ellaria would never risk to alert Cersey with hollow treats when she can simply kill her daughter.

When something smart happens I usually go with LF, the only working brain aside from Tyrion.

Ellaria would never risk to alert Cersey with hollow treats when she can simply kill her daughter.

When something smart happens I usually go with LF, the only working brain aside from Tyrion.

Ellaria is mad with grief.

She's not exactly thinking clearly.

Her goal is to torment Cersei, not prevent a war.

no they didn't ...and while i have always suspected it was cersei, her response when jamie told her he would go was ridicule...

me too, it shows that even though she is sprinting toward madness, she is still one of the most cunning ones left alive...

Well Maggy's prophecy for Cersei regarding her children was, "Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds" which implies that Cersei will outlive her children. :dunno: But I don't see Myrcella being crowned at all...

i know it seems like a long shot, but why have maggy say it if they weren't going to follow through...i am thinking there might be a shift from kevin getting killed, as in the books to tommen getting killed in the same way...then myrcella is the only one left to crown

wow...interesting idea...littlefinger does seem to be the catch all character for sneaky shit...particularly now that we seem to have misplaced varys ...he must have bumped into the blackfish during his epic piss...

I really don't like her, no respect for her 'uncle'.

Kids these days.

I'm guessing this was a joke, but it actually struck a chord with me. We know that Tommen and Myrcella love Tyrion, based on their happiness to see him alive in Season 2 Episode 1. However, they don't seem to have any relationship with Jaime, and we know that Joffrey didn't worry much about Jaime's safety when he was torturing Sansa. In the books, this is one of the saddest parts of Jaime's life--his lack of any real relationship with his children, even as their "uncle". NCW (who is sadly underused this season, IMHO) manages to convey a lot of this feeling at the end of his scene with Myrcella.

I had assumed it was Ellaria, and Cersei would be interesting too. However, I wonder if it's High Sparrow, after questioning Lancel, who did it. It's helpful for him to have Jaime out of the way. Also, he seems a little too well-intended (except for his homophobia) for a GOT character. I think he's playing the Game too.

I'm guessing this was a joke, but it actually struck a chord with me. We know that Tommen and Myrcella love Tyrion, based on their happiness to see him alive in Season 2 Episode 1. However, they don't seem to have any relationship with Jaime, and we know that Joffrey didn't worry much about Jaime's safety when he was torturing Sansa. In the books, this is one of the saddest parts of Jaime's life--his lack of any real relationship with his children, even as their "uncle". NCW (who is sadly underused this season, IMHO) manages to convey a lot of this feeling at the end of his scene with Myrcella.

+1 to everything here.

That confued me too. I think she could marry since she is older than Tommen and he already got married. Don't know what they are waiting for... maybe Daenerys...

That's my main question, and it could be a detail in favor of a potential Trystane/Dany marriage plot.

i know it seems like a long shot, but why have maggy say it if they weren't going to follow through...i am thinking there might be a shift from kevin getting killed, as in the books to tommen getting killed in the same way...then myrcella is the only one left to crown

If there's one thing I've learned from the ASOIAF series, it's that prophecy can be wrong a lot.

I was half-expecting the shocking revelation that is J + C = M to be 'revealed' to Myrcella in this episode, but the one Jaime scene seemed to just fizzle out.

At this point, I have no idea where Dorne is going, which is kind of exciting, I suppose.

In the book, and probably in the show, sand snakes go to KL. Obv they're not going there to help Tommen and Cersei. If Tommen dies, Myrcella becomes queen, with Trystane as king consort. In the show, Doran has no reason to discourage this turn of events, as it gives him everything he wants: it protects Myrcella, punishes Cersei, and puts his heir on the throne as consort without starting a war. This is such an obvious move that I'm surprised it hasn't come up yet, either in show or in books.

Jaime is smart enough to realize that pitting Myrcella against Tommen in a fight for the throne would kill them both, just as Tyrion did in ADWD.

Crowning Myrcella might be Doran's plan, although he referred to the Lannister/Martell combo as a "dangerous" one.

Also, if Doran's long game is revenge against the Lannisters, why would he agree to a Myrcella/Trystane union to back for the throne? Wouldn't Lannister and Martell blood mingling be repulsive to him? Also, if he's aware of the rumours as to Myrcella's parentage, I doubt he'd marry his son off to a bastard born of incest. Even if he didn't personally object to her parentage, surely he would be concerned about the blowback for Trystane if his wife's legitimacy was constantly being called into question and about the long-term prospects for marrying his son off to someone whose claim to the throne was shaky at best.

With all that said, Book Doran's long game was a Targaryen/Martell union on the Iron Throne, originally Viserys/Arianne and then (seemingly) Aegon/Arianne. Aegon and Arianne don't appear in the TV show, but we do have a Martell heir (Trystane) and a Baratheon, not Targaryen, with a claim to the throne that seems to be as shaky as Aegon's, if for different reasons (Myrcella). Maybe TV Doran's plan is a genderswapped Aegon/Arianne, with Myrcella as the "Aegon" (the one with a fictitious claim to the throne) and Trystane as the "Arianne" (the Martell heir). So I could see a scenario where TV Doran's long game is Trystane/Myrcella, even if I'd have issues with it for the reasons I mentioned.

Jaime is smart enough to realize that?

Jaime is a hothead. Hes changed some, but not that much.

At this point, I agree with whoever started that thread last episode: Joffrey was the smart one

The entire cast got dumbed down so much that Joffrey starts to look smart in front of many other characters, including his siblings. And that's just sad.

Archived