[Book Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Repercussion

Chebyshov

Are you referring to the 'handsome young man' he mentioned? I think that he was talking about Sweet Robyn, though I'm unsure who he would plan on marrying him to.

Didn't think about robin but I think that's really unlikely. Why would Olenna care about Robin at that moment when all she wants is to free her grandchildren?

The best thing I can say about this episode is that I wasn't overly offended by anything.

All the times the camera panned back to Olly. One would have been MORE than sufficient.

I would have rather Sam and Gilly gotten together not because he just defended her from a potential rape but as a natural progression of their relationship, or as consoling after Aemon's death. Not a fan of the pairing really, but that would have been better imo.

The use of a potential rape as a plot device to drive a pairing forward was typical and gross.

I poisoned you here's my boobs.

I like them.

Here's the antidote lolz.

Top notch story. Top notch.

I am so desensitized to any nudity in this show now. It's just so predictable and cheap at this point.

Didn't watch this mess but...

-Aemon died?

-Tyene showed her tits?

Yes to both.

The use of a potential rape as a plot device to drive a pairing forward was typical and gross.

Exactly. And unnecessary considering they spent time on Sam's sadness surrounding Maester Aemon. The love scene could have developed as a course of that rather seamlessly, and less offensively.

Ok, I get that Tyene is an expert on poisons, but how did she know that it would take effect at this exact moment? It appears to be slow acting, so are its effects sped up by the power of boners? Is that why she let the old girls come out for a visit?

Things I didn't like:

- Tyrion beating that guy with the chain. What happened to the guy who used to *talk* his way out of trouble?

- Olenna and Littlefinger. He confessed Cersei got him to screw Loras and Margaery over, and they'll still be screwed even if Cersei gets screwed as well, funny as it may be.

- The High Sparrow's we're the 99% bullshit.

- Everything Winterfell, everything from Brienne soulfully gazing in the distance like fucking snow Batman, to yet another pail of shit being thrown at Sansa, to her being raped and beaten every night.

- Gilly almost getting raped. Jeez, D&D can't be more of a one-trick pony, can they?

- I have mixed feelings about Dorne. On the one hand, the sexposition made it seem almost like season one. On the other, it was such a meh scene, but I'll take that over Obara's life story every time (and her meditating is super lame)

Surprisingly...there wasn't a lot about this episode that pissed me off. I could have done with, oh, about 10 less reaction-shots of Olly, and perhaps not had Gilly almost raped (I was literally yelling at my TV during that scene).

I'm sad Maester Aemon went so quickly, but at least, "Egg! I dreamed I was old!" was actually included!!

Exactly. And unnecessary considering they spent time on Sam's sadness surrounding Maester Aemon. The love scene could have developed as a course of that rather seamlessly, and less offensively.

Yup. And yes, as people in the general spoiler thread said, it's not OOC for them to act that way. But it's so unnecessary and offensive to go back to this same trope again and again to advance the story. A moment of comfort after Aemon's death works just fine.

I poisoned you here's my boobs.

I like them.

Here's the antidote lolz.

Top notch story. Top notch.

Yeah I did not get that scene at all. Was that some strange way to gain Bronn's loyalty? Even if it was, it was extremely clumsy. Very poor.

Yeah I did not get that scene at all. Was that some strange way to gain Bronn's loyalty? Even if it was, it was extremely clumsy. Very poor.

I took it as Tyene's "revenge" for being called a little girl last time. //sighs

I didn't think the Sand Snakes would have wanted Bronn dead with Doran keeping them all in prison... would have been pretty obvious who killed him, and that probably wouldn't sit too well with Doran. I understand why she decided to arouse him. I guess it was to get the blood flowing from his head to his penis so the poison acted faster in him. They didn't want to kill him, just show him who's boss so to speak. Also I think she's got nice boobs... so maybe I'm biased, I dunno. :dunno:

Nah, I'm sure they ruined it. And Tyene has been ruined since she appeared. Not even three tits that milk chocolate would make me interested.

Also, for whta I see, Sansa got her empowering, right? /rolleyes.

A shame, as the Tyene actress is pretty striking....this just reeked of cheap sexposition though (not that it's surprising)

The Sansa stuff....ummmm....we shall see....

Stannis not being "yeah, about that blood magic" when Mel mentioned her taking out Robb and Joffrey.

What i find astonishing is she is trying to make a case she is always right, when Balon seems to still be up and partying. About Balon, did he take a year off or something? We is the Lannisters not sending troops asap to deal with Stannis seeing he is pretty much the only threat to their claim on the show? No bandits or rival lords in the Riverlands mentioned once.

Ok, I get that Tyene is an expert on poisons, but how did she know that it would take effect at this exact moment? It appears to be slow acting, so are its effects sped up by the power of boners? Is that why she let the old girls come out for a visit?

That part didn't really bother me. I figured she was trying to raise his heart-rate, making the poison start to work quicker.

That part didn't really bother me. I figured she was trying to raise his heart-rate, making the poison start to work quicker.

She was definitely trying to turn on his heart-light

So hey. Remember when people were saying "a girl would never have sex with a guy just after almost getting raped", and using it as a justification for cutting the Tysha subplot? Anyone want to use that excuse again? I offer now as the time to bring it up.

Archived