[Book Spoilers] Rant and Rave without Repercussion

Chebyshov

They can't have any permanent punishment when they rejoin her to her book story line as if what she went thru here never happened. Which is part of why calling Ramsay a bastard to his face twice earned no violent response.

Yep. Nailed it

I didn't gilly almost getting rape. They need to stop that. I didn't theon telling ramsay about sansa. do they want people to hate him?

Nah, I think that the audience is sympathetic to Theon enough to understand why he would rat her out. The scene was mostly there just to get Sansa to start hating on Theon, for whatever reason.

But yeah, Gilly's victimization seemed like a middlefinger to the show's critics.

They can't have any permanent punishment when they rejoin her to her book story line as if what she went thru here never happened. Which is part of why calling Ramsay a bastard to his face twice earned no violent response.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Unfortunately, like with sarcasm, facetiousness doesn't translate well to forums. That's kind of my point. They have no solid or stable characterization. It's almost as if Westeros is fill right up with folks with multi-personalities.

I just want to know what NCW did to piss off the showrunners - two season ago, Jaime gets the brilliant monologue in the bathtub and a Big Damn Hero moment in the bearpit and this season, he's just the vehicle to get Bronn to Dorne! They've cut every single moment of Jaime being clever and strategic or in any way interesting in favor of his being a very handsome waste of space.

The Dorne stuff was still laughably bad, but Sansa accidentally foiling her own escape plan takes the cake for me. Not only is she being forced to have sex nightly, but instead of actually using her experiences and realizing that revealing her only means of escape to a character that's still loyal to Ramsay for all she knows takes me right back to book one. Oh wait. At least then it was intentional. It's like every drop of development that she's had has been squandered and wiped away. She's not even trying to manipulate Ramsay in the way that Littlefinger suggested. Joffrey was almost as monstrous as Ramsay is and Margaery proved that he could be manipulated for a time... but that's not, evidently, Sansa, who has been praised as learning and having more agency now, can do.

What's with D&D and rape?

They seem to be really obsessed with it. Im beginning to think people are right when they say D&D hate women with a passion.

I just want to know what NCW did to piss off the showrunners - two season ago, Jaime gets the brilliant monologue in the bathtub and a Big Damn Hero moment in the bearpit and this season, he's just the vehicle to get Bronn to Dorne! They've cut every single moment of Jaime being clever and strategic or in any way interesting in favor of his being a very handsome waste of space.

His character is interesting. Thats...probably it lmao.

Make it like Python. "Nobody expects the Stannis Inquisition".

:lol: Nice.

Similar to one of the previous episodes, I found this one to be dull more than anything. In a lot of story lines it feels like they’re just going through the motions, trying to get to the end of the season, or else they’re really awkwardly and abruptly trying to work in plot points. I guess anything would have been an improvement over last week.

The Wall: So, Jon is leaving and we get, what, FOUR reaction shots of Olly? You guys, I think they might be setting this kid up for something. The Aemon scenes actually weren’t that bad. They left in “I dreamed that I was old.” which was nice. However, as with the “Kill the boy” scene, it fell kind of flat for me. One of those times when the show hits a book moment and expects it to have the same kind of impact, but where they really haven’t done much if anything to earn it. Sam and Gilly, holy hell. I’m not even sure I know what to say. Sam doesn’t even have a moment’s hesitation where he mentions his vows? And that rape threat fight scene that prefaced it just felt like such a cliché. Why didn’t Jon take Ghost, the wolf who almost never leaves his side? Oh, right, to serve as a deus ex machina. Moving on…

Winterfell: I’m just trying to endure through this story line as much as I can. I’m at least glad that they didn’t have Sansa’s pep talk to Reek suddenly turn him into Theon. It was kind of hilarious to see the Broken Tower in all of that snow and wind as an example of just how much that plan wouldn’t have worked. Even if that candle didn’t go out in ten seconds, it seems pretty unlikely to have been visible beyond ten feet, despite Brienne’s determined watching. Ramsay and Sansa walking the wall felt needlessly expository. Like, why is he telling her his battle plans? And doesn’t Sansa already know that Ramsay has been legitimized? So is she just saying this to piss him off? The seeds of doubt planting seemed pretty weak. Oh, and instead of The North Remembers being an awesome sub plot, it is just used as a feint for Ramsay to torment Sansa more. Awesome.

Stannis’ Camp: Stannis reaching for Mel as she bends over the table might be the least Stannis thing we have seen him do this entire show. And Mel bringing up burning Shireen apropos of nothing was just super forced. They’re really trying to cram that story in there and it is not working for me.

Meereen: I liked the slaver’s bastardization of Jorah’s past. I think it serves as a great metaphor for the way that D&D interpret GRMM’s work. “Yeah, he killed Drogo or something. Good enough.” Now Tyrion becomes Mr. Strong Slaver Beating Guy because the script needs him to? Sure. And none of the slavers care about this, they just laugh? Daario and Dany aren’t that bad but god it’s like they have no chemistry at all. The slave pit fight was underwhelming to say the least, and who was that guy who shows up to cut Tyrion’s chains for no reason? They might as well have brought in Ghost to chew through them for him.

Dorne: Myrcella really summed up the show for us. “It’s not complicated at all. It’s simple.” Girl, you have no idea. It’s a good thing that they keep the daughters of Oberyn Martell in the same dungeon prison as the one where they keep the guy who punched out Trystane Martell, otherwise the episode wouldn’t have met its nudity quota. As to that scene, whatever, it’s like the most D&D thing ever. No time for Doran, guys, the show is already way too packed with pointless Sand Fake scenes. I really liked their prison jammies, though.

King’s Landing: Carol needs to keep a check on that right eyebrow of hers or it is just going to lift straight off of her head. I needed some tissues for all of that Carol Soup for the Tommen Soul that she was ladling out. Do you think they want us to see her as a sympathetic character? I really liked Olenna when she first appeared, but I am sick to death of all of these scenes half full of barbed wit, half full of stupidity that never go anywhere. Throw her into scenes with Margaery, Cersei, Littlefinger, the High Sparrow and you get the same old boring shit. Let’s level out some more (apparently) empty threats about starving KL. Really, they’re super effective! So why did the HS wait until now to arrest Cersei when he seems to have had this information about her the whole time? No reason? Cool.

Man, there was a whole lot of nothing happening this episode.

The Dorne stuff was still laughably bad, but Sansa accidentally foiling her own escape plan takes the cake for me. Not only is she being forced to have sex nightly, but instead of actually using her experiences and realizing that revealing her only means of escape to a character that's still loyal to Ramsay for all she knows takes me right back to book one. Oh wait. At least then it was intentional. It's like every drop of development that she's had has been squandered and wiped away. She's not even trying to manipulate Ramsay in the way that Littlefinger suggested. Joffrey was almost as monstrous as Ramsay is and Margaery proved that he could be manipulated for a time... but that's not, evidently, Sansa, who has been praised as learning and having more agency now, can do.

I don't agree. I think she is learning to manipulate Ramsay, who can't be manipulated the usual way. Like Reek, she is his prize, so she has that going for her, too.

<it breaks my heart to snip all this awesome stuff>

Kings Landing: Carol needs to keep a check on that right eyebrow of hers or it is just going to lift straight off of her head. I needed some tissues for all of that Carol Soup for the Tommen Soul that she was ladling out. Do you think they want us to see her as a sympathetic character? I really liked Olenna when she first appeared, but I am sick to death of all of these scenes half full of barbed wit, half full of stupidity that never go anywhere. Throw her into scenes with Margaery, Cersei, Littlefinger, the High Sparrow and you get the same old boring shit. Lets level out some more (apparently) empty threats about starving KL. Really, theyre super effective! So why did the HS wait until now to arrest Cersei when he seems to have had this information about her the whole time? No reason? Cool.

Man, there was a whole lot of nothing happening this episode.

But your post literally made me laugh out loud (and do a most unladylike snort!) so there's that ;) Tears of laughter >>>>>> last week's tears of RAGE!!

Most of the season is fillers, there is just a lot of nothing to be honest, they are taking a character there, another one somewhere else and that's mostly it. Jorah and Tyrion literally flew to Meereen.

Littlefinger is becoming a disappoinment, I really wished they had kept the Vale plot and Harry the Heir, it would be good thing to do, way better than the Winterfell soap opera. I'm glad at least Myranda was not in that episode, such an annoying character that doesn't add anything to the story and she still has too much screentime.

Stannis all the time seeking for Melisandre is really unStannish and she suggesting to burn Shireen like that, that is a poor script.

And I agree with many of you, Olly being on screen all the time is probably showing he will be part of the daggers in the dark. Why shooting him all the time Jon is present?

LOL the Tyene scene was in the leaked audition tapes. I looked over the casting threads from last year and I remember everyone saying that there was no way it was actual dialogue because they definitely change it for audition purposes. I have a horrible sense of satisfaction that they were wrong. Too much faith in the writers, far too much...

It doesn't matter what they do with Sansa, the character is already ruined and it's insulting. So... yeah. They can do whatever they want with her or the Winterfell plot. I don't really care.

I've come to the point that even watching Sophie reminds me of last week chapter and I want that out of my brain, so... yeah.

That is me exactly. Her character is ruined and the image and sound of her reminds me too. it is awful.

I didn't like Tyrion meeting Daenerys, that is premature (I know that would happen eventually, before the books as The Winds of Winter is taking forever to come, damn you, George), I just think that could happen in the Daznak Pit and not in that lame scene.

I also didn't like the almost rape of Gilly, it looks like D$D want to keep the rape train going, now every episode will be rape and almost rape? is it necessary?

*sings* People all over the world...join hands...start a rape train...rape train...

Archived