(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

sj4iy

Your weekly Positive Nitpicking thread. We had some amazing moments in this episode, so I'll state my top five as usual:

1. TYRION MEETS DANY. Thank you!

2. Aemon's last scenes. I cried.

3. Ghost makes an appearance XD

4. Sam finally scores!

5. Cersei gets hers FINALLY.

What about you? What were your favorite moments? And please, as always...if you liked something and disliked something, the former goes here and the latter goes on other threads. Thank you and have fun!

Maester Aemon’s death. “Egg, I dreamed I was old.”

Ghost's badass cameo

Tyrion and Dany finally meet.

Cersei getting arrested.

Ramsay getting burned repeatedly by Sansa with all the bastard remarks. Also the mention of Jon Snow as the LC.

Olenna and the High Sparrow showdown

Sam giving Jon the dragon glass

Stannis telling Melissandre to fuck off.

A lot of good stuff in this episode. I'm glad they put in "I dreamed I was old" when they usually go out of their way to get rid of the iconic lines.

I'm also glad they finally explained Melisandre's motivation, she wants Stannis to be king because she believes he must be the king and lead the fight against the Long Night.

- Ghost finally getting some damn screentime and being a badass.

- "Egg, I dreamt I was old." - Aemon's actor was awesome.

- Tyrion beating up that one slaver and his introduction to Dany.

- The bleakness of Winterfell. Nailed the hopeless atmosphere of the books.

And of course

- Tyene's rack.

Great episode and seems like things are gonna really pick up, and before I check any other topics, maybe no one will bitch about Dorne for a change?

Edit: well guess I was waaaaaaay wrong about Dorne...

"EGG, I DREAMED I WAS OLD!" this is why signature lines matter. This right here. I fucking cried and i loved that it made me cry. This is why this shit is important, D&D!

I liked Marg looking like dog shit and calling Cersei a hateful bitch.

Sansa using some of her Sass Fu on Ramsay felt good.

Tyrion and Dany meeting. Whoa dude.

Bronn's singing. The rest of this scene was lame, but his singing is yes.

Olenna trying to Politics Judo and managing to get suplexed by the High Sparrow. That guy is bomb. Wowowowow. That was fun to watch. Olenna going behind the scenes to do some martial arts on shit is nice too.

Tommen speaking up.

• "Egg, I dreamed I was old!"

Jerome Flynn's singing was lovely, the rest of the scene...........eh I didn't hate it as much as previous scenes in Dorne so that's an accomplishment.

Sucks for the old lady that got flayed but I am happy that the candle in the tower subplot's watch has now ended. :bowdown:

Stannis being 100% "nope" about burning his daughter. Let's hope it stays that way. I have faith in my king, but ..........others in that camp not so much.

Sansa telling Theon in no uncertain terms he is Theon Greyjoy.

The scene where Theon was walking outside and the snow was blowing in struck me as beautiful cinematography wise.

Ghost!!

Tyrion meeting Dany, "I am the gift."

I actually am really liking Show!Daario, say whut?! His plan wasn't a bad one.

Dean Charles Chapman and Jonathan Pryce's acting were both great tonight, kudos. The Few and the Many speech was a favorite.

I saw shades of Book!Cersei, white-washing free. Hurray! :drool:

Aemon's death scene ..the whole scene leading up to it

Dornishman's wife part 2 and bronn singing

LF looking through peephole

Tommen "iam the king " and cersei saying "iam the queen "

Sam giving Dragonglass to jon which means he will make use of it in the next episode

Dany finally meeting tyrion ...

iam still not sure about jorah ...is dany really going to send him to fighting pits

So many good thing

Dany/Tyrion meeting...I didin't expect Tyrion to announce himself as a Tyrion Lannister to Dany.That was a surprise.

Aemon's death and "Egg,I dreamt I was old"

High Sparrow/Cersei ending

Ghost yay!

Bronn singing...it's always good.No wonder Jerome Flynn is a good singer.

Dragonglass mentioned...with upcoming Hardhome battle Jon vs White Walker fight is probably on the cards.

Alfie and WF was good too.Atmosphere was spot on and this feeling like Reek will light the candle in the tower,but no...he couldn't help her.For now.Ramsay/Sansa scene with Jon being mentioned...very important regarding the finale episode.

Tyrion and Dany. I legit had the biggest smile

Ghost

Margaery throwing the bowl of venison at Cersei

The HS monologue about removing the gold and shit

I liked how ridiculous and over the top was show!Yezzan or whatever

Everything Aemon

I did like that they kept the moment when Cersei's clumsy manipulation of events finally spins completely out of her control as close in feeling to the book as possible.

It was sweet to watch her hauteur begin to crumble.

Maybe the best episode of the season. Not sure there was anything I really disliked.

King's Landing was the high light. High Sparrow was excellent all night, and the tension with Cersei playing her game until she finally get hers was excellent. Queen of Thorns continues to be amazing as usual.

Aemon's passing was one of the best parts as well and very sad, especially the Egg references. Wall was good, especially because it seems we may actually get Oldtown next year.

I liked Winterfell. Sansa continuing to snap at Ramsey was great to see, Theon remaining utterly broken was upsetting but good. The mentions of Jon and possible Pink Letter foreshadowing was excellent.

Archived