(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

sj4iy

I like how the slaver bastardized Jorah's story. Talking about how he stormed the Walls of "Spike" with a flaming sword and that he killed Khal Drogo in single combat. I thought that was pretty clever.

I also like how they included Aemon's lines about Egg, especially the "I dreamed I was old."

Fantastic episode:

Didn't think Dany would meet Tyrion tonight so that was a treat.

Jorah's achievements being listed out by the slaver. I love those ways of getting book canon in.

AEMON!!!!!

Alliser looking genuinely sad at the pyre then leaning over to troll Sam.

Sam and Gilly are so adorable. I was legit terrified when those a holes were attacking them. The sex scene was very sweet as well.

Stannis and Mel's dynamic is absolutely everything to me even if the direction the scene took made my guts churn. This show has ruined my life

jaime and Myrcella scene was short but bittersweet. Liking new Myrcella, though I liked the first one too.

winterfell is so gross but in a good way(!). Iwan is really working his material this year

olenna vs the High Sparrow

Cersei's scene with Tommen

Cersei vs Marg

Cersei vs High Sparrow. My God the tension in that scene and the way Cersei's world fell apart in seconds. It was glorious and just what I was hoping for.

I just really love Cersei mkay?

I like how the slaver bastardized Jorah's story. Talking about how he stormed the Walls of "Spike" with a flaming sword and that he killed Khal Drogo in single combat. I thought that was pretty clever.

Yeah, that was epic ! =D

Ghost is both in my rave and positive nitpicking...

It was amazing to see him, but come on !!!! 3 fucking seconds of screentime only !!! Really ? For fook's sake !!!

That... that is just... sad.

Finally I like the dorne scenes. Tyene's finally getting some personality and Mycella was great. Tyene-Bronn is going to make it so sad when Hotah kills Bronn :(

Olenna needs her own show.

The Stormcrows abandoning Stannis' Army?!?

Dany meeting Tyrion. GRRM really blew it not including at least one scene between them in ADWD. It's just dumb to have Tyrion travel all that way only to contrive to keep them apart. Happy the show didn't make that mistake.

Mel wanting to burn Shireen....don't get me wrong, I'm not happy this is going to happen to Shireen, but I've been advocating for this theory since 2012 or so. So I was very pleased to see it all but confirmed tonight.

Cersei getting her comeuppance. Just as sweet as in the books :D

Aemon actually getting to keep his awesome line from the book.

Best episode of the season, without question.

"I dreamed I was old", as countless others have said.

The looks between Tormund and Thorne (remember their pretty cool fight last season).

Nice-kid Tommen trying but not quite succeeding to look as psycho as his older brother. I mean that in a good way! Both actors handle it great: angry words, with Joffrey looking psycho yet mostly ineffectual, and Tommen also looking ineffectual.

Margaery's interaction with Cersei good, with the subtext of "Look, we both manipulate people, and I get that, but you really take it too far lady."

High Septon and Cersei great!

The increasing suggestion that Cersei lied about the threat to Myrcella to get Jaime out of King's Landing (and maybe even get him killed).

Sam's funeral oration, and Sam in general. I find his "God I suck at this, but f*ck it, it's the right thing to do" approach far more interesting than his book-conviction that he's craven.

Ghost! I wish he were with Jon, but whatever.

The slave-master sales pitch, taking the half-truths and spinning them even further.

DANY MEETING TYRION!!!!!!!! My god I'm happy about that just because it's been something I've wanted to see for so long, and a certain other medium robbed us of the pleasure just when we thought it was going to happen.

The visual clash between "this is where we jail a Lannister" and "this is where we jail a sellsword."

More of Bronn singing.

The other two Sand Snakes rolling their eyes (which is exactly what I was doing) at a game they've presumably seen their half-sister play a few times before. And we're getting more characterization there - we already knew one of them really liked pronouncing her name, and now we know another one is a seductress. So what does the third one do?

More of what Melisandre's game is, and what her visions were (battlements of Winterfell and fallen Bolton banners - very intriguing), and the old old mythological echoes between Stannis-Shireen and Agamemon-Iphigenia.

Hm. I'm kind of impressed by how many things I liked this episode. Maybe I should head back to the ratings thread and move up my score.

i know i was forgetting something ..that look jorah gave when AAA claimed he killed Drogo in a single combat hilarious

and i was surprised we got jorah revealing himslef to dany ..i thought it will be in episode 9

I'll keep true to the title of this thread and stick to positive nitpicking, as opposed to the big things that were good, such as fucking Tyrion finally meeting fucking Daenerys fuckity fuck. Things that were it not for this thread would probably go unvoiced.

- As has been mentioned, the slaver "upselling" Jorah by claiming he did what Thoros of Myr did at Pyke and that he was the one who killed Khal Drogo. I like it because it rewards hardcore fans; only hardcore fans would be able to know that he was lying, which a guy like him would obviously do. I graduated from the show to the books now, but even if I didn't I would be able to detect the lies because the show mentioned Thoros of Myr charging into the breach with his flaming sword back when Jory and Jaime were talking about it back in S1E5. That's right, I remember the exact episode. It's always nice when shows reward their most fervent fans with little moments.

- The Littlefinger theme, which played when he first appeared in this episode. Badass theme musics always enhance a character, even with those with inconsistent accents and motives.

- Sam & Gilly. A moment of happiness between decent people. Is that too much to ask? Yes, apparently, which is why we should treasure them all the more.

- This overlaps with last episode, but Tyrion losing his cool and sounding truly desperate and panicked with the slavers, and Olenna trying to bribe and threaten the HS. Was the latter a smart move? No. But she's desperate and at the end of her rope, trying to save her grandchildren. If the two of them utterly completely maintained their cool and their zomg! wittiness! playing the game of thrones! in their respective situations, that would make them seem less like real people and less likable.

I'll keep true to the title of this thread and stick to positive nitpicking, as opposed to the big things that were good, such as fucking Tyrion finally meeting fucking Daenerys fuckity fuck. Things that were it not for this thread would probably go unvoiced.

- As has been mentioned, the slaver "upselling" Jorah by claiming he did what Thoros of Myr did at Pyke and that he was the one who killed Khal Drogo. I like it because it rewards hardcore fans; only hardcore fans would be able to know that he was lying, which a guy like him would obviously do. I graduated from the show to the books now, but even if I didn't I would be able to detect the lies because the show mentioned Thoros of Myr charging into the breach with his flaming sword back when Jory and Jaime were talking about it back in S1E5. That's right, I remember the exact episode. It's always nice when shows reward their most fervent fans with little moments.

if i remember correctly jorah and Ser barristan speaks about this as well in season 3 episode 5 kissed by fire

In chronological order, as I was taking notes during my re-watch:

- Aliser and Jon politely snarking at each other
- Sam giving Jon Chekhov's dragon glass dagger (surely this won't come up later...)
- everything with Aemon, including the funeral ;(

- WINTER HAS FINALLY FUCKIN ARRIVED!
- Sansa calling Ramsay a bastard - maybe not wise, but so satisfying
- Sansa's face when she hears of Jon
- Stannis' absolute refusal to sacrifice Shireen
- GHOST!!!!
- Tyrion getting slapped for a change
- everything with Jonathan Pryce in it
- love the new Myrcella
- Jerome finally gets to finish the song
- the Sandsnakes' personalities coming out better this time
- Rosabell is hot
- Nymeria's look at Tyene's seduction attempts
- Baelish's callback ("Sorry about the locale.")
- the difference between Dany and Hizdahr in reaction to the slave fight

- Dany and Tyrion meeting up - finally!
- Cersei's oh-crap look when she realizes that Lancel spilled all her secrets

if i remember correctly jorah and Ser barristan speaks about this as well in season 3 episode 5 kissed by fire

Outnitpicked! Yes, I rewatch S1 episodes more than any other so the Jory/Jaime scene was the first one that came to mind. I rewatch later episodes as well but I skip a lot of the scenes I find boring, which frankly a lot of post-season 1 Dany scenes fall under to me. But yes, now I remember that too.

Stannis finally refusing Melisandre.

They should have had him do that at least in some fashion back in season 3 & 4, but better late than never.

Yes! Finally, about time for him to tell her GTFO.

Also liked when the high sparrow imprisoned Cersei, that was awesome.

Bronn has a lovely singing voice.

I also liked Sansa talking smack to Ramsay, it's showing that she still has some spine despite the debacle last week.

:lol: Yeah I liked that. Hope that wasn't the last we see of Adebisi. Waste of an awesome actor if so.

Archived